2006 Toyota Camry Consumer Review: Camry.com (not real website)

2006 Toyota Camry - Consumer Review

Camry.com (not real website)
By 3rdcamry on

2006 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 3rd 4 cylinder Camry 89, 98, and now 2006. The previous ones reached 200k miles with ease. The 2006 now has 144k miles. The real treat about this car is that the 4 cylinder 06 Camry's have a timing CHAIN, not a belt--which is a bargain for those of us Camry owners than run up the mileage. This is simply a reliable car. The spark plugs are platinum so you don't have to change them unless you are having a problem with performance. The 98 camry had the original plugs and wires when I traded them in (I have an honest mechanic) and the car ran smooth as ice. I need a reliable vehicle for commuting to work and this is it. Fun, safe and reliable, just keep fluids changed and fresh.

Easy for me to change oil since I use synthetic @ 5k mile intervals. Nice highway riding vehicle since I've been from Maine to Alabama in this car. Incredible gas mileage on the highway. Very low maintenance costs. Same shocks at 144k miles because it's mostly highway miles. No recall or surge issues--simply a great car. Rear seat folds down and I can carry 16 ft pieces of molding with ease and better than a pickup, no kidding. The engine in this model is 2.5 liter, with more than adequate highway acceleration power when needed. Hwy trips are sweet.

I think Toyota could improve the noise reduction panels on the inside of the sheet metal. Car is arleady quiet, but the manufacturer and dealers would know exactly what I'm talking about. Also if possible, the pass through from the trunk to backseat could be larger since I haul quite a bit of wood trim.