Great midsized sedan!
By Pete Stephenson on
2006 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)
After my 1992 Mercedes 300D turbodiesel got totalled, I was in the market for a reliable, spacious midsized sedan. After much research and test-driving, I settled on the 2006 Camry LE. I've been impressed by how quiet and smoothly it drives -- it gets eerie sometimes as it seems like you're floating rather than driving. Acceleration and pep from the 4-cylinder engine is more than adequate for my driving needs. Cloth interior feels far more luxurious than I expected. Fit, finish, and quality of all parts is excellent, as is the comfort and roominess. My family's owned Toyotas before, and we've been impressed by their durability, reliability, and safety. The 2006 Camry is no exception.
Favorite Features
Subtle "chirp" when keyless entry system opens or closes doors. Excellent interior and exterior quality. Great mileage, clean, smooth visual style. Quiet and smooth ride. Solid feel to construction. Feels like a much more expensive, luxury car. Arrow on dash points to which side the fuel door's on.
Suggested Improvements
No manual trunk-opening latch on the trunk itself - must use key, remote, or release handle near driver's seat. No power passenger seat or automatic climate control on LE model.