2006 Toyota Camry Consumer Review: Camry vs Accord

2006 Toyota Camry - Consumer Review

Camry vs Accord
By Greg on

2006 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought the 2006 Camry SE 4cyl auto. I have also owned 3 new Accords (83,90,99)and 4 new Toyotas (81,99,05,06). Avg 100k each. Lets face it, they are both great cars for the money and deliver as advertised if you take care of them w/routine maint. I chose the Camry this time because it is much quieter on the hwy than the Accord, the dash seemed simpler, and the Accord too low to the ground (I am 6'2" 230#,it is just easier to get into a taller car). The SE is sporty w/the 17 alloy wheels. I also got the spoiler but don't really like the look of it. Next time I will order the LE, forget the spoiler and just put some nice chrome wheels on it.The LE has better looking trim/lights/lettering

Simple to drive, visibility, quality, gas mpg (24mpg city/34hwy if drive speed limit). It loves to cruise I-5 at 75-90. 70mph seems like a crawl even for a 4 banger. The stiffer SE suspension sure handles nice on turns. I ordered the side curtain bags for peace of mind.

Although it is much quieter than the Accord I still believe Toyota can do more - fill the doors w/foam? More insulation underneath? I got black cloth seats... they really pick up the lint. Any suggestions? It could use a body redesign just to freshen it up.