Used 2006 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews - 106 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Toyota just a nice ride
By deecoop

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Just purchased the Camry 3 days ago and I'm in love already. I have the 4 cyI but somehow it feels like a v6. The interior is simple but looks real clean.

Design, ride, interior and the feel.

n/a

Comparing to other similar cars, good
By Maria

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The MPG disappointed me. It is not the value manufacturer says.

Silent, beautiful exterior design, good automatic transmission, good price.

Decrease the fuel consumption.

Jerky disappointment
By phoward47

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The transmission shifts jerky at low speed. Slow down to 8-10 mph (like at a yield) and press the gas normal and the car will jerk hard as it downshifts from second to first. Think of a young kid learning to drive a clutch. That is the best way to describe this. The bigger problem comes when passing on the freeway. You see a gap and floor it but nothing happens for 3-5 seconds. I think this is because there is no longer a cable from the gas pedal to the engine... it's all done by computer now. My 99 Camry with 160,000 miles had better throttle response and shifted smoother than this car does!

Quiet running, lots of pick up (once the computer figures out what you are doing with the gas pedal).

Fix the drive by wire computer.

Best car I've owned
By Ann

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I live in the Texas hill country and I have been pleasantly surprised with how well my 4 cylinder Camry handles them. When I need to pass an 18 wheeler struggling up a steep climb on Interstate 10, the Camry has no problem. That wasn't the case with the Ford Ranger and Ford Escort we owned. I have been amazed the power that Toyota has packed in this 4 cylinder. The car handles so well. A joy to drive. It is my car but my husband and daughter love to drive it when I let them.

Like the ease that the back seat flips down to accommodate a long item in the truck.

The panic button is too easy to trigger. Have yet to figure out why it will sound off when I'm simply unlocking the truck and car doors

2006 Toyota Camry
By Kym Longo

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Went from a 1995 Nissan Maxima. Miss the power in the engine and the handling. The Camry makes up in ride and comfort. I drive around a lot in the Puget Sound Area and have to sit in traffic quite a bit, the comfort and manuverablility is great. Doesn't handle quite like the Maxima, but is comparable (cornering, driving with lots of water on the road). Not sure I would purchase another Camry.

Gas mileage, sun roof, 6 disk CD changer, lots of storage compartments and spacious trunk.

I have a troublesome blind spot on the passenger side, when the passenger sits in any position but almost foward to the dash. The seat and head rest obstruct the vision on through the rear passenger window/side of the car. Unable to see in mirrors due to fog and rain. Suggest heated mirrors.