2006 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews 9

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2006 Toyota Camry Standard 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
06 Toyota Camry sport
By lljpence on 12/27/05 14:23 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The panic button on the remote is poorly placed and to sensitive to touch. It goes off frequently when any other keys on the ring hit the button. This is very annoying. The car doesn't have much pick up when pulling out in tight traffic situations.

comfortable worry-free transportation
By j thompson on 12/24/05 12:47 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The Camry XLE is quiet, refined, high quality and comfortable transportation. Now I know why it is the number one or nuimber 2 selling car in the U.S. Seems to do everything well and gets 37 mpg on the highway. Am very pleased.

Great Investment, Great Quality Family Sedan
By causti on 12/21/05 11:56 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The Camry has a smooth and quit ride and it feels like it was made with high quality features. The Camry feels extremely stable on the road and you can't beat all the room provided in both the front and back seats and in the trunk. The Camry has excellent fuel economy. We felt very comfortable and confident in our choosing the 2006 Toyota Camry LE. We expect our Camry to last for many many years to come.

The best midsize sedan for the $$$
By TerryS on 12/12/05 21:02 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased an 05 Camry for my daughter in July of 05 and my wife liked it so much we just traded in our 04 Honda Pilot for another one! This is by far the best mid-sized sedan for the money (under $16,500) for the LE version with automatic!

Love my new XLE V6!
By Susan on 12/08/05 01:17 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the '06 XLE V6 Camry in early October and have already put over 5,000 miles on it, taking it through several states, to boot. This car is a GEM! I honestly can't see myself owning anything other than an upscale Toyota ever again. (My next will be an Avalon, I think!) My husband is a mechanic, and he went over the vehicle with a fine-toothed comb just looking for any flaws (body, interior, under the hood -- anything), and even he - Mr. Critical - was completely impressed with it. It drives like a dream and we just honestly couldn't be happier. Oh! And the gas mileage is even better than expected. I am so pleased with my Camry. And the salsa red color is beautiful, too!

Comfort On The Road
By grcofla on 12/06/05 17:25 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned this car, a Camry XLE, just 5 days but in that short time I've determined I made a really good decision to buy it. Prior to buying I compared that model with 4 other cars including a new version of a model I had for several years and was very happy with. Overall, the mileage so far, and I'm just breaking it in, is better than I might have expected at this point. The Interior is roomy, though perhaps a bit tight on headroom (there is a moon roof in this model). The car is as quiet as my wife's Lexus ES 330 but its ride is just a bit stiffer. The instrument layout seems well thought out. The leather interior is great. As to the exterior design, it might be getting a bit tired

Can't get comfortable
By Ouch on 11/29/05 13:07 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan Standard 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

At first I loved this car for the way it drove, but after spending some time behind the wheel, I realize I've got to get rid of it. There is no possible way for me to find a comfortable driving position. The problem is that the steering wheel and pedals are almost in the same vertical plane. Either I'm reaching for the wheel or my knees are bent and almost on the dashboard. Don't know how anyone else deals with this as I'm only 5'6" !! Also my head is too close to the visor, I have to duck to turn it down. This also means that in a crash, my forhead will smack up against the same. Tried everything. Very disappointed.

Nice car but
By Eugine on 11/27/05 08:45 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Just used the car about a month and never had a Camry before. What I like: V6 engine which is quiet and powerful enough for the regular driver; comfortable seats; nice looking interior and good radio. What I do not like: the electronic transmission performance (unpredictable when driving), car feels every bump on the rough road; noisy tires on highway. Overall,however I like the car more than Accord and Altima.

Great car for the bucks
By bajabob on 11/26/05 15:22 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We have been waiting since '02 to buy a new Camry after having rented one on a trip. The ride and handling are much improved on the '06 as well as the reduction in road noise. The majority of our driving is short city trips with a small amount of highway driving. In spite of this we averaged 27.44 mpg on the first tank and 28.56 mpg on the second. The 2.4 liter 4 cyl delivers all of the power one could wish for and the transmission shifts without any noticeable feel of having done so. I would recomend this vehicle to anyone wanting a car of this size. The huge trunk is also an added plus for handling all the normal things one would normally need to haul in it.

Fastest 4 cylinder
By Dave_PA on 11/22/05 12:58 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan Standard 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

For less than $19k, I got a larger, comfortable, and pretty fast car. I searched for a black Camry for about 2 months, and I found a STD. The gas mileage is as it states appox 30MPG, unlike other manufacturers that like to round up to 30. I drove an Avalon and a Camry V6. Performances were so similar, the price tag decided.