2006 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews 8

2006 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Toyota; In a league of their own...
By Brutus the Buckeye on 01/26/06 13:57 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We just purchased a 2006 Camry XLE 4-cyl. We opted for the 4 cyl for the simple reason of gas mileage. At 28-29 overall driving and high 30s for highway, it was a no-brainer. The 4-cyl has plenty of pick up for us. Quiteness and ride quality for long trips is great same as Lexus. Camry is very quiet. Trunk space is good as well. Dash is easy to read and see. Headlights are great. And above all, it is Toyota. Awesome!

Good move to buy Camry XLE
By Bob on 01/26/06 01:26 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I find the handling great and the fuel economy wonderful. Thought about a Lexus GS 300, but made a better decision with the Camry. Like the 6 disc CD changer and sound system very much!

Upgraded From 1999 LE to 2006 XLE
By humanimal on 01/21/06 19:16 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I just upgraded to the fully loaded (except for navigation package) V6 XLE Auto Transmission. I drove it a lot today and loved it. I bought a new LE in Jan. 2000 and never did anything to it except oil changes, tires, brakes,and alignments. Here's hoping the new one does me as well as the old one. With my family's history owning Toyota's & Toyota's rep for quality...I'm sure it will.

bjwcamry06
By bw06camry on 01/13/06 22:07 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I traded in my tacoma for the camry due to rising fuel prices, and I got 24+ on first tank and been getting the same since, and in the tacoma got 17- 18, has good acceleration for a 4 cylinder. I am 6 ft tall and fit perfectly in it, I have yet to take it on a long haul but feel I would be comfortable in it for the long trips. Interior is made with good quality material. Rear seat has plenty of room even with front seat all the way back.

Great Car for the money!
By James Lumbert on 01/11/06 19:21 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This car is about as good as it gets without spending a lot more money. I have everything from alloys to spoiler and a V6. I could have spent more on an Impala, but why? I know my Camry will be around a long time and be worth something even longer!

Best car I've owned
By Jim on 01/11/06 15:22 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Camry was recommended by two mechanics I knew before buying a new car. Bought it for my wife and she loves the car. The room inside is great and the trunk space is fantastic. 4 cylinder is peppy enough for most driving situations and the gas milage is great. The car has no wind noise or road noise. Very well laid out interior. We will always own Camrys from now on.

Upgraded my Corolla to a Camry
By DJ on 01/10/06 19:13 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This car has been great, on my 5th month of driving it. Literally twice the horsepower of my 97 Corolla, very smooth ride, super quiet, Fantastic! sound system. Tons of room in the back for kids or adults. Huge trunk. Gas mileage is a bit less than I would like, but I sacrificed on purpose to get the V6 power. Still giving me 20+ mpg on my commute.

Value for money..
By Varad on 01/06/06 23:48 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car for my wife and have done about 3500 miles in 2 months. The car is very quiet. 63dba@ 70 mph compared to 68dba for Accord. Good gas mileage. On a recent trip to Toronto the highway mileage was 31. Well laid out controls and the automatic on/off headlights are cool. Wont have to worry about running your battery if in case you forget to switch the head lights! Huge trunk, and comfortable thigh support for the driver and passenger seats. The lumbar support is awesome for long drives. Very good handling on potholes.

Ho Hum
By Jack on 12/31/05 16:17 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Boring Boring Boring. It better be dependable and have high resale because it is not meeting expectations for performance or economy. HAH! We drive moderately and the best we have ever gotten is 27mpg. In town we usually get about 20mpg. I'd hate to see the mileage that someone who rabbits and rages will get. It handles very little better than my pickup. On the positive, it is very roomy for a midsize and the back seat head and legroom was the best we found for the price.

Camry vs Accord
By Greg on 12/30/05 19:42 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought the 2006 Camry SE 4cyl auto. I have also owned 3 new Accords (83,90,99)and 4 new Toyotas (81,99,05,06). Avg 100k each. Lets face it, they are both great cars for the money and deliver as advertised if you take care of them w/routine maint. I chose the Camry this time because it is much quieter on the hwy than the Accord, the dash seemed simpler, and the Accord too low to the ground (I am 6'2" 230#,it is just easier to get into a taller car). The SE is sporty w/the 17 alloy wheels. I also got the spoiler but don't really like the look of it. Next time I will order the LE, forget the spoiler and just put some nice chrome wheels on it.The LE has better looking trim/lights/lettering