Used 2006 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

MPG Stinks
By Greg Winter

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I am disgusted with this, my 2nd Camry, and my 3rd Toyota. The MPG was advertised as 24 city, 34 HWY. I have NEVER gotten better than 17 mpg and sometimes get 15/16. I've taken it to Toyota and all I get is a recommendation for a $500 tuneup. I have religiously followed instructions for maintenance, and have treated it with care, but I'm going to sell it. My Dodge minivan with 110K miles gets better mileage. I bought the silly thing mainly because I wanted better mileage, and it was a replacement for my '95 Camry which, even after 120K miles, got 24 mpg. Pathetic. Plus, the cup holder in the front doesn't work: it's not adjustable and the slim plastic tab keeps popping out. A lemon.

Suggested Improvements

Increase mileage. Redesign the front cup holder. Improve HP.

Jerky/Slow responding Camry
By ramankgb

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The Camry gives impressive fuel economy for a V6. Reston, va to Erie, pa on a tank of gas. Very silent compared to my 2.4L Camry. The fit and finish are excellent and is the interior comfort. Excellent JBL stereo option. The only problems i noticed was, The transmission shifts back and forth at low speeds. It gets very annoying especially in rush hour traffic. I am assuming that to save on cost, the same tranny as the one used in 2.4L or 3.3L was mated to the 3.0L. Also, the Drive by wire system response is tragically slow, especially during accelaration for passing other cars, to the point that it can become a safety hazard, as the driver is unable to judge the passing time.

Favorite Features

Automatic Headlights, JBL Audio Option

Suggested Improvements

Drive by wire computer and Transmission ratios

2006 Camry
By Patrick

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan SE V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Car looks good, drives fine but the low profile tires are noisy. Transmission was replaced at 20000 miles. Eats through tires like a demon. EIGHT tires in 30000 miles. Toyota completely unresponsive to the problem

Favorite Features

good pick up looks nice

Suggested Improvements

less noisy ride, improve poor transmission, do something about eating through tires

2006 Camry review
By Tom

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have driven this car now for almost two years and have not had a single problem with it. Nothing more need be said.

Favorite Features

Better pickup that would have imagined with a four cylinder engine. Large trunk.

Suggested Improvements

For people without garages, a feature to allow you to warm up the car and lock it at the same time. An option to get rid of the panic button.

Safety is Excellent
By Tami

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I reviewed 12 months ago when I first bought the car. I loved it then and now I'm going to miss it. Last week we were hit broadside into the passengar side. The floor of the car absorbed all the impact and the airbags deployed. We all are just fine like it never happened!! The car is totaled : ( oh my baby... and I'm sure we'll be buying another one like it... but where it's most important the safety is superb!!!

Favorite Features

Notice my previous post listed a couple down. But number one favorite is the SAFETY!

Suggested Improvements

I didn't like the AC/heating controls, it lacks excitement.