2006 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
My inexpensive Lexus with style!
By Jerome on 02/20/06 22:54 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I enjoyed driving this vehicle. I traded my 1998 Corolla for the 2006 Camry LE. After driving this vehicle for two weeks, I found it very smooth, fun to drive, and very quiet on the road. It gives me 30 miles to a gallon. That's pretty good mileage consider it's a midsize sedan. It's probably the best car that I ever owned. Thanks Toyota... you did it again!!!

my experience
By Jim on 02/15/06 08:03 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I get 35 mpg mixed driving and love the smooth handling and great quality and service. This is a great car and one of the best I have ever written a check for.

No wonder it is #1 selling sedan
By Jeremy Olive on 02/12/06 22:43 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We traded in a crew cap pickup for our camry. We love the fuel economy, its smooth quiet ride. We average close to what the sticker said on fuel economy. This is a great family car, does great around town and on the highway.

2006 Camry is Fantabulous!
By Mac on 02/09/06 08:44 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I compared the Accord to the Camry and decided on the Camry because of the quieter ride and larger interior space. I'm 6'2" and the Accord was a little cramped with less interior space. Both are nice vehicles with proven reliability, but I did like the looks of the Camry a little better too. The Camry also comes standard with steering wheel audio controls.

Love the Ride but annoying to Drive
By Ed EE on 02/08/06 22:50 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

First time Toyota buyer just loved the comfort and ride of this tight car. Clean, traditional and conservative styling. Very quiet ride - so much so that sometimes I didn't think the engine was still running. Peppy V6, good handling, gas mileage in high 20's. This top of the line XLE is so well equipped that it could have been a Lexus. But then Toyota cheaped out and didn't even include floor mats.

Great midsized sedan!
By Pete Stephenson on 02/08/06 03:00 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

After my 1992 Mercedes 300D turbodiesel got totalled, I was in the market for a reliable, spacious midsized sedan. After much research and test-driving, I settled on the 2006 Camry LE. I've been impressed by how quiet and smoothly it drives -- it gets eerie sometimes as it seems like you're floating rather than driving. Acceleration and pep from the 4-cylinder engine is more than adequate for my driving needs. Cloth interior feels far more luxurious than I expected. Fit, finish, and quality of all parts is excellent, as is the comfort and roominess. My family's owned Toyotas before, and we've been impressed by their durability, reliability, and safety. The 2006 Camry is no exception.

The Best Car
By krasi henkel on 02/01/06 13:07 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

After owning 10 new American cars with various mechanical and consetic problems and never any help from their manufacturers or dealers, I stopped trying to support the American auto industry and decided to support my personal fiscal policy: elegant, comfortable car, low maintenance, economical, and great to drive. The winner: Toyota Camry!! There is no equal. Now on my 6th Toyota, and still loving it. GM & Ford lost my business through poor service and quality. Not going back. Excellent car, great drive, no problems!!

Too many little things.
By mookie on 01/27/06 14:42 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry Standard 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Ok, this is going to sound nitpicky, but bear with me. You've got to know about this before you buy. First off: The car looks great, drives great, handles great, build is great. BUT There are so many annoyances that I feel like I'm losing my mind. 1). Cannot get comfortable: always reaching for the wheel. 2). Blinkers are always on - because they don't click loud enough to remind me to shut them. 3). Speedometer is stupid. It is marked 20,40,60,80 etc. To see 55 or 45mph you've got to mentally interpolate. 4). A BIGGY: Gas mileage not what they tell you. It is billed as 24/34 - I've never gotten over 23mpg. This is basically bait an switch! Sounds petty, but small things really add up!

A Quiet Car
By Munawar Mahmood on 01/26/06 17:51 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry Standard 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The first thing you notice when you drive the car is the cockpit like view of the road, the second thing you notice is how quiet the car is. The mileage is good, Im getting 26-27 mpg and I just bought the car. Its very comfortable. Road handling is excellent, very roomy and comfortable. I just wished it had more power.

Toyota; In a league of their own...
By Brutus the Buckeye on 01/26/06 13:57 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We just purchased a 2006 Camry XLE 4-cyl. We opted for the 4 cyl for the simple reason of gas mileage. At 28-29 overall driving and high 30s for highway, it was a no-brainer. The 4-cyl has plenty of pick up for us. Quiteness and ride quality for long trips is great same as Lexus. Camry is very quiet. Trunk space is good as well. Dash is easy to read and see. Headlights are great. And above all, it is Toyota. Awesome!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.