Used 2006 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Own 2 Camrys and Love Them
By JC

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Purchased a 2004 Camry SE with 4 cyl and auto trans, new, and loved it so much I bought the exact same model for my wife in 2006. Consumer Reports describes the ride as that of a more expensive car and they are correct. I have had absolutely no problems with either the 2004 or 2006, just normal maintenance. Hwy mileage is 33, city 24, as long as you drive sensibly and keep tires inflated to 32 psi. My tirewear has gone to normal lengths (25,000 for new car tire; 40,000 for replacement Costco Michelin tires).

4-cyl acceleration equal to my 6-cyl 1999 Chev Malibu and the Camry transmission is smooth, effortless.

2004 model allowed cruise control in D, 3, 2 and with/without overdrive. 2006 disables cruise except in D with overdrive. 2004 allowed full defrost with outside OR recycled air; 2006 forces you to have outside air. I wish they would restore the 2004 choices as we have more options.

Great car, but....
By VG

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've been driving a Suburban for 5 years. I LOVE driving it. It is pure pleasure to drive. I LIKE my Camry. It's OK to drive, but not nearly as quiet. It doesn't have the driver comforts of my Suburban. I'm driving it purely for fuel economy. It's a great quality car and drives magnificently. It is simply a very utilitarian car.

Gas mileage. It really has a very peppy engine for being a 4 cylinder. Hope it's as good in the mountains.

Make it quieter without a Lexus price tag.

Love My Camry
By dc

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I don't drive my car that often but when I do it is like driving a luxury car. I don't have any complaints about the car. I have had one problem with the car. The throttle body position motor had to be replace on the car with the mileage under 10,000 miles. Car had no power (get up and go) at all and check engine light came on. Fixed by local dealership. Runs great now.

Camry is roomy, quiet and a dream to drive.

Nice Car, But...
By CW

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I recently purchased this certified pre-owned vehicle. Smooth, quiet ride, but gas mileage isn't what I had hoped. My 1998 Oldsmobile seemingly got better mileage. I purchased the car for reliability, dependability, more importantly, for fuel efficiency. I did a lot of in-town driving & it was less than the advertised 24 mpg.

Color, beveled headlights, roomy interior, spacious trunk, compartments inside trunk lid

Make it more fuel efficient.

Very Happy
By laubacrc

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I researched for months and came down to the Camry, Accord, and Altima. I was on a tight schedule and felt when the time came I would just buy the best car available on the given day. The Camry happended to be the best deal. I couldn't be happier. Much better pick-up than expected from a 4-cyl. Excellent gas mileage (34 mpg highway), and it drives so smoothly it's a pure pleasure. I bought the car with 25,000 miles on it, and I look forward to driving it for years. I get a lot of comments about the very smart purchase I made.

Surprising acceleration, interior controls are very logical, gas mileage.

It's exterior is not as appealing as the Accord or the Altima.