2006 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Replaced my T-Bird
By Rick on 03/28/06 10:09 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I traded a 97 T-Bird (last of the "big Iron T-Birds). I expected less from the Camry , but have been pleasently surprized. Not as much "top end", but peppy, great handleing, and good economy. Had to make a number of "long trips" immediately after purchase and enjoyed each of them. Will buy another when the time comes...

Another Great Camry
By arjay on 03/23/06 11:12 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my second Camry, trading in my '97 after driving it 179000 trouble- free miles. The '06 is much more refined - smoother, quieter and more comfortable seats. Beautiful, tasteful interior.

Love my Camry
By Tami on 03/21/06 12:24 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My car was shot after 8 years and since I hate change I decided this next purchase should be something that will last over 10 years. Therefore I got it loaded with everything I love. What a car! It drives so smooth. Feels so safe. And all the research shows the Toyota Camry was the most dependable and trusted sedan to go with. The ride is so smooth and luxurious that we almost fall asleep while driving (which can be dangerous!). I LOVE automatic headlights, timing wipers, lumbar seat contols, roomy comfortable back seats, magazine holders in back doors, milk holders in large trunk.

Camry 2006.
By kss on 03/19/06 17:56 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry Standard 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Smooth ride, roomy interiors. All in all a perfect mid size car with a good value for money.

Camry vs Accord
By DK on 03/18/06 09:30 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry SE V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased a Lunar Mist 2006 Camry SE 6cyl auto. I have previously owned 4 new Accords (90,94,98,03) but this is my first Camry. I chose the Camry because it is much quieter, roomier, and smoother on the road than the Accord. The dash layout is better (even the steering wheel audio controls are lighted). The 03 Accord quality was not up to my expectations. The Camry SE is sportier and handles much better. Both V6s have plenty of power, and the Accord did get a MPG or so better, but the Camry more than makes up for that in everyday driving pleasure... very easy to live with.

Great Car for the price!
By amma on 03/09/06 12:14 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry Standard 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I had an old camry V6 XLE that I traded in for this vehicle. My old Camry was way more powerful. After all, it was V6 with 193ft/lb-203hp engine. Nonetheless, I found the new camry more fun to drive with reasonably good torque/hp. The gas/mileage on my camry06 is much better than my Honda2005. Only drawback is that Camry standard does not have keyless entry:(

AIR NOISE
By Pistol Pete on 03/05/06 06:41 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Very noisy vehicle. Air noise around the door seals, plus a lot of road noise, they need to correct these things. When driving in a crosswind you can listen to the radio or talk, but you can't have both. The passenger side front window visor blocks vision when turned down and turned to the side window.Tilt wheel is almost useless, needs more flexibility. It doesn't do what it's intended to do. 20 mph winds cause the vehicle to be somewhat unstable on the highway, you kind of sway around more than normal. Other than that it's a OK car

Dependable
By ken on 02/25/06 20:25 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry Standard 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Have owned toyotas in the past, and have been well pleased with their dependability. Purchased the 06 five months ago and have been well pleased with all aspects of this car. Gas mileage is good, handles well and is quiet. Will stay with toyota.

Why buy a Lexus ES 330?
By Rocky2 on 02/23/06 14:49 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

If you are secure enough to live without the Lexus nameplate on the ES 330 you can have essentially the same vehicle with the Camry XLE 6 cylinder. The Camry body style is a bit more subdued but the same creature comforts and driveline components are there for your enjoyment...along with the $6,000 to $8,000 you save.

flawless
By steve on 02/22/06 11:27 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

excellent gas mileage about town. quiet on the highway. lots of interior room & very comfortable. wish it had an mp3 capable radio and a fancier interior option. interior is vanilla plain! no lighted power windows & door lock buttons. hard to find at night. the radio light is dim.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.