2006 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Best car I've owned
By Ann on 11/05/06 19:29 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I live in the Texas hill country and I have been pleasantly surprised with how well my 4 cylinder Camry handles them. When I need to pass an 18 wheeler struggling up a steep climb on Interstate 10, the Camry has no problem. That wasn't the case with the Ford Ranger and Ford Escort we owned. I have been amazed the power that Toyota has packed in this 4 cylinder. The car handles so well. A joy to drive. It is my car but my husband and daughter love to drive it when I let them.

2006 Toyota Camry
By Kym Longo on 11/05/06 01:27 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Went from a 1995 Nissan Maxima. Miss the power in the engine and the handling. The Camry makes up in ride and comfort. I drive around a lot in the Puget Sound Area and have to sit in traffic quite a bit, the comfort and manuverablility is great. Doesn't handle quite like the Maxima, but is comparable (cornering, driving with lots of water on the road). Not sure I would purchase another Camry.

2006 4 cyl camry
By captjack on 10/03/06 12:53 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

this is my first Toyota and I am very pleased after the first yr, 15000 miles. no warranty issues whatsoever. car runs great on the highway at 75mph and the 4 cyl engine provides plenty of power.

No complaints
By James Lumbert on 09/28/06 18:33 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This car is a great car for the money. Plenty of room, has all the extras, not bad on gas and a bit sporty with spoiler and alloy wheels. looks almost like the Lexus of the same size.

My 2006 Toyota is AWESOME!
By Gordon Whittaker on 08/03/06 16:42 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is the first Toyota I have purchased and I wonder why I waited this long. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this car. It is incredibly fun to drive and extremely comfortable. The acceleration, steering, braking, etc. are better then anything I have driven since I started driving back in 1964. I love this car!

Very disappointed
By j ram on 07/25/06 12:46 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Many changes have been made since my '98 Camry that are downright irritating. To be brief, my complaints w/ the V4 LE are: (1) oil filter no longer easily accessible (2) Engine revs irregularly (tires squeal pulling out from a stop; hesitates at other times, giving an irregular jolt forward that is noticeably jarring (3) Car alarm placed on key where it is too easily triggered (16 times in 7 months) (3) Transmission won't shift from Park unless brake lights are on;my brake fuse went out, and the car LOCKED up on me in park). (4)OBNOXIOUS fasten- seatbelt alarm that goes off (at ANY TIME) if there is anything weighted on the passenger seat (I almost got in a wreck because of it); (4)Door lock system-get out after driving, ALL doors are still locked (why?);unlocked doors SELF-RE-LOCK

My Camry
By Dick Conway on 06/08/06 19:32 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My wife and I just returned from a 3500 mile trip from Dallas to Minneapolis to Michigan, done in 8 days. Drove 710 miles one day and didn't feel tired at all that evening (like I have always felt in other cars on long distance drives). This car drives beautifully and is super comfortable. It has a great turning radius, excellent visibility and general road handling. I love this car (that now has 25000 miles)!! P.S. I'm 73 years old.

I'm in love with my car
By Rochelle on 05/09/06 18:15 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This car is comfortable to travel in, as well as "no effort driving". And the get up and go is there when you need it. Fantastic gas mileage on the highway. What can I say? I'm in love with my car.

New '06 Camry LE
By TD on 04/16/06 21:52 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

After years of owning mini-vans and hauling tons of kids around, it was time for a sedan once again. Went shopping for a decent used car and ended up at a Toyota dealer and saw a silver '06 LE Special Edition with the body kit and BBS wheels. I always thought the Camry was a boring old lady car but this package changed the whole looks. My wife said it looked as good as a BMW. The car was a dealer demo and had only 7k miles, so they put up some hefty discounts. Came away with a $26K ride for a shade less than $20K.

Car lives up to its reputation
By kramay on 04/02/06 20:46 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I am very impressed with the value for the money and the performance of my Camry. The ride is perfect and quite and the fuel economy is great. It glides down the open road with ease. (set your cruise control on the highway... can't tell you're driving 90 mph) the rides that smooth and efortless. The maintenance schedule costs are small compared to other cars in this class. I can't see my family ever buying another make of car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.