Used 2006 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Great Mileage
By Roger

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased my Camry from a dealership with 39,000 miles. At the moment I have only driven it about 1000 miles, but so far it is an exceptional car. The car is functional, comfortable, quiet and roomy. The operational controls are all within easy reach. The overall quality is better than anything I've ever owned. My city mileage is 23-25. Highway is 35.5 at 66-68 mph (2.4 auto), on my one and only road trip.

Favorite Features

The controls are all with easy reach. Cruise control is easy to use. Trunk has plenty of space.

Nice allround
By Bill

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Boring inside design, moonroof has given more problems than it should...elct. wiring up behind headliner is always coming loose making for roof rattles and the drain line[s] for the moonroof clog up so I end up with a lake in the front pass. side floorboard after a heavy rain. Otherwise it's been a great car and I really dig the power of the 3.0 V6. On the highway with cruise control set at 62-63 mph....I'm getting 30 MPG.

Favorite Features

Power with good MPG

Suggested Improvements

Dig having a power moonroof but it has its bugs.

40,000 mile review
By Greg

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought this 06 Camry SE (4cyl) new and have put 40k on. No problems at all. Whenever I have purchased a Toyota or Honda I like them more as the miles rack up. This Camry is no exception. The OEM tires needed replacing @ 40k. They were kind of noisy and didn't do well in wet weather or snow. I replaced them with Good Year Triple Treads... big improvement. The paint is kind of soft so it shows scratches easier. But the ride, quietness, comfort, roominess, MPG and everything else has been great. Yeah the styling is kind of boring but it functions well. I like the simple controls. Cruise at 80 mph is no problem. Lots of interior room front and rear.

Favorite Features

Simple controls, quiet ride, interior room, big trunk, reliability, MPG, low cost to own. I like the little drawer for change!

Suggested Improvements

The black cloth interior clings to lint. Ditch the key fob... sets off panic too easy.

Dependable, Reliable and COOL
By Frankie-i

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have a 1996 Toyota Corolla with manual transmission. The car has been extremely reliable as well as dependable throughout the years. I felt it was time for me to upgrade to a newer and larger vehicle. I knew I wanted another Toyota, so I purchased my 2006 Toyota Camry through a dealer friend of mine in Southern California. It took him some time to find a Camry with a five speed manual transmission. I love this car, it drives like a dream, the interior is super nice and the lines of the vehicle are classy. I purchased the 15 inch Toyota split spoke rims for the car and it looks tough. I get a lot of compliments on this car.

Favorite Features

There are to many favorite features to list.

Suggested Improvements

I would like to see the seats adjust a little lower than they actually do. They seem to be just a little to high for me.

Great car!
By SWFL

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

It seems to good to be true! I just want to know if this car will ever die on me? Going on 90,000 miles and all we've ever done to it is regular maintenance, replaced tires once, and replaced the battery once also. BTW, this is my 4th Camry, I never had any problems with any of them. Seriously, how long will this car last? Would love to read about long term mileage owners.

Favorite Features

It's a damn workhorse!! Just feed it and go.

Suggested Improvements

There seems to be a blind spot in the front driver side windshield, maybe it's me. And the relays for one of the rear electric windows needs to be replaced. But I've had this problem with other Camrys.