Used 2006 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews - 106 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Life as a Teenager Driving A Camry...
By O_o

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I might only be 18 but have owned 3 cars my entire life, a 1993 300zx, an '07 Rav4 and my most recent car, an '06 Toyota Camry (all awesome cars in their own right). This car is not the fastest or best looking car I've owned, but it is the most comfortable and probably the best built car that 2006 had to offer. I have 80,000 miles on my Camry and it is the only car I plan on keeping until it dies (at the rate this car is going by the time it does die my children would have died because of old age). The car drives like how it did when I drove it off the showroom floor. It doesn't rattle or make any noises whatsoever. This car will cruise at 90 very, very happily all day long. =)

The layout of everything in this car is very well engineered. Everything is exactly where you would expect it to be. The factory upgraded stereo system in the car sounds very good. This car needs only basic maintenance.

While nothing in this car feels cheap it is very, very bland. The tranny bucks and skips at low speeds (a problem that I've had since the beginning). Brakes are mushy, but last forever. Paint was sprayed on by a two year old.

High mile Camry
By Doug

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan SE V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I was given this car as a company car brand new and have been pleased with the car as it has just turned over 100K. The only complaint I have is the lag when slowing down (under 30 mph) and then accelerating. It seems to get caught between gears and then lurches when the gears engage. This has happened since new and the dealer noted it is a "problem" that has not be remedied. On the other hand, my first break job was at 90K and I drive the car hard. The only unscheduled repair was a leaking power steering line at 90K ($250 repair). I cruise at 80mph and get around 26 to 27 mph (V6 remember). I love the extra power of the V6 on the interstate.

Like the styling and the 17" tires with alloy wheels on the SE. It really gives the car a sporty look. More like the Lexus 300 than the typical Camry.

Fix the lag in the transmission. It really is noticeable.

Great Mileage
By Roger

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased my Camry from a dealership with 39,000 miles. At the moment I have only driven it about 1000 miles, but so far it is an exceptional car. The car is functional, comfortable, quiet and roomy. The operational controls are all within easy reach. The overall quality is better than anything I've ever owned. My city mileage is 23-25. Highway is 35.5 at 66-68 mph (2.4 auto), on my one and only road trip.

The controls are all with easy reach. Cruise control is easy to use. Trunk has plenty of space.

Nice allround
By Bill

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Boring inside design, moonroof has given more problems than it should...elct. wiring up behind headliner is always coming loose making for roof rattles and the drain line[s] for the moonroof clog up so I end up with a lake in the front pass. side floorboard after a heavy rain. Otherwise it's been a great car and I really dig the power of the 3.0 V6. On the highway with cruise control set at 62-63 mph....I'm getting 30 MPG.

Power with good MPG

Dig having a power moonroof but it has its bugs.

40,000 mile review
By Greg

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought this 06 Camry SE (4cyl) new and have put 40k on. No problems at all. Whenever I have purchased a Toyota or Honda I like them more as the miles rack up. This Camry is no exception. The OEM tires needed replacing @ 40k. They were kind of noisy and didn't do well in wet weather or snow. I replaced them with Good Year Triple Treads... big improvement. The paint is kind of soft so it shows scratches easier. But the ride, quietness, comfort, roominess, MPG and everything else has been great. Yeah the styling is kind of boring but it functions well. I like the simple controls. Cruise at 80 mph is no problem. Lots of interior room front and rear.

Simple controls, quiet ride, interior room, big trunk, reliability, MPG, low cost to own. I like the little drawer for change!

The black cloth interior clings to lint. Ditch the key fob... sets off panic too easy.