Used 2006 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Fantastic Camry!
By French

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We bought our Camry new. Other than regular maintenance it has been wonderful. We had good luck out of the factory tires, 55k before they needed to be replaced. I will admit I wanted the Altima first because I thought the styling was more sporty but all it took was a test drive and I was sold on the CAMRY! The ride is so quite, plus there is no motor noise. I bought my Camry for fuel economy and I've never been disappointed. My daily driving is a combo of city/hwy. I average 28-29 mpg. If I hit the hwy on a long road trip it is nothing to hit 36 mpg. We drive the wheels off- great ride, drive, fuel - NO COMPLAINTS! I've now owned my Camry for 3.5 yrs - I will own another one!

FUEL ECONOMY! Plus we purchased w/ spoiler & aluminum wheels! Nice Sporty Look! I've had the windows tinted too.

The interior is bland. My least favorite feature is the material of the seats. It is too plushy. These are all minor complaints. Every time I fill up my car I'm in love all over again.

Good Economic Car
By Tipp City Ohio

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This car is not for someone that is looking for style or fashion. It's a work car. Great gas mileage, great reliability, and performance for a 4 banger. The steering column needed to have telescopic function or sat closer to the driver. The interior is boring as a Buick, and the exterior looks like a granny car. But this car is built with quality and economy in mind. Blast them for making a Lt Blue version. My wife fell in love with it and now I feel weird driving a baby blue car. Oh well, it's hers anyway.

Overall quality, peppy 4 banger, quiet ride.

Steering column placement, overall style and interior amenities. Get rid of the baby blue color!

One of the best cars I've ever owned
By Driver in Texas

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I love my '06 Camry. I bought it new, and now have over 91,000 miles on it. Gas mileage is terrific (I have the 4 cyl), so not sure what some of the other reviewers are saying (it's not a hybrid, folks). Commuting (stop-and-go highway driving) 450 miles/week (one tank) I get 28-29 mpg. On a Dallas-San Antonio trek last year on I-35 I averaged 35 mpg, cruising at 80 mph most of the way. Trips to Okla. to visit family net 34-36 mpg. As for maint: I've religiously followed the mfr sched. Only real problem was replacing the intermediate shaft at 80k ($500+ at dealer). OEM tires were junk, but replacements from Costco have been great. I love my Camry and would buy another one in a heartbeat.

Roominess, lots of storage, easy ingress and egress with two kiddos in car seats.

Cruise control kicks on "hard" sometimes, paint is very soft and nicks easily. Agree with other comments about low-speed transmission "kick".

Life as a Teenager Driving A Camry...
By O_o

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I might only be 18 but have owned 3 cars my entire life, a 1993 300zx, an '07 Rav4 and my most recent car, an '06 Toyota Camry (all awesome cars in their own right). This car is not the fastest or best looking car I've owned, but it is the most comfortable and probably the best built car that 2006 had to offer. I have 80,000 miles on my Camry and it is the only car I plan on keeping until it dies (at the rate this car is going by the time it does die my children would have died because of old age). The car drives like how it did when I drove it off the showroom floor. It doesn't rattle or make any noises whatsoever. This car will cruise at 90 very, very happily all day long. =)

The layout of everything in this car is very well engineered. Everything is exactly where you would expect it to be. The factory upgraded stereo system in the car sounds very good. This car needs only basic maintenance.

While nothing in this car feels cheap it is very, very bland. The tranny bucks and skips at low speeds (a problem that I've had since the beginning). Brakes are mushy, but last forever. Paint was sprayed on by a two year old.

High mile Camry
By Doug

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan SE V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I was given this car as a company car brand new and have been pleased with the car as it has just turned over 100K. The only complaint I have is the lag when slowing down (under 30 mph) and then accelerating. It seems to get caught between gears and then lurches when the gears engage. This has happened since new and the dealer noted it is a "problem" that has not be remedied. On the other hand, my first break job was at 90K and I drive the car hard. The only unscheduled repair was a leaking power steering line at 90K ($250 repair). I cruise at 80mph and get around 26 to 27 mph (V6 remember). I love the extra power of the V6 on the interstate.

Like the styling and the 17" tires with alloy wheels on the SE. It really gives the car a sporty look. More like the Lexus 300 than the typical Camry.

Fix the lag in the transmission. It really is noticeable.