2006 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Jerky/Slow responding Camry
By ramankgb on 12/27/07 10:11 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The Camry gives impressive fuel economy for a V6. Reston, va to Erie, pa on a tank of gas. Very silent compared to my 2.4L Camry. The fit and finish are excellent and is the interior comfort. Excellent JBL stereo option. The only problems i noticed was, The transmission shifts back and forth at low speeds. It gets very annoying especially in rush hour traffic. I am assuming that to save on cost, the same tranny as the one used in 2.4L or 3.3L was mated to the 3.0L. Also, the Drive by wire system response is tragically slow, especially during accelaration for passing other cars, to the point that it can become a safety hazard, as the driver is unable to judge the passing time.

2006 Camry
By Patrick on 11/28/07 13:28 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan SE V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Car looks good, drives fine but the low profile tires are noisy. Transmission was replaced at 20000 miles. Eats through tires like a demon. EIGHT tires in 30000 miles. Toyota completely unresponsive to the problem

2006 Camry review
By Tom on 10/09/07 05:41 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have driven this car now for almost two years and have not had a single problem with it. Nothing more need be said.

Safety is Excellent
By Tami on 04/04/07 14:43 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I reviewed 12 months ago when I first bought the car. I loved it then and now I'm going to miss it. Last week we were hit broadside into the passengar side. The floor of the car absorbed all the impact and the airbags deployed. We all are just fine like it never happened!! The car is totaled : ( oh my baby... and I'm sure we'll be buying another one like it... but where it's most important the safety is superb!!!

Jerky Camry
By Chuck on 03/28/07 04:44 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The tranny bucks and skips at low speeds. The V6 needs a tad more HP. Interior is roomy and comfortable with loads of storage space. Trunk is very adequate. For the money it is a decent car.

2006 XLE V6 Toyota
By Sharon, Maryland on 03/23/07 17:35 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

My top-of-the-line XLE- V-6 Toyota Camry looks great, it's reliable, affordable, and has the bells and whistles of a Mercedes-Benz. Toyota repairs are easily accessible if needed. I love it!!

Rating of vehicle
By Frank on 03/10/07 05:48 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I really like the Camry 4 door Sedan xle because it's a very reliable car and it is a very well engineered car. I get excellent gas mileage. It is very comfortable and an easy and fun car to drive.

Toyota just a nice ride
By deecoop on 02/14/07 16:39 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Just purchased the Camry 3 days ago and I'm in love already. I have the 4 cyI but somehow it feels like a v6. The interior is simple but looks real clean.

Comparing to other similar cars, good
By Maria on 01/22/07 02:13 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The MPG disappointed me. It is not the value manufacturer says.

Jerky disappointment
By phoward47 on 12/28/06 16:47 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The transmission shifts jerky at low speed. Slow down to 8-10 mph (like at a yield) and press the gas normal and the car will jerk hard as it downshifts from second to first. Think of a young kid learning to drive a clutch. That is the best way to describe this. The bigger problem comes when passing on the freeway. You see a gap and floor it but nothing happens for 3-5 seconds. I think this is because there is no longer a cable from the gas pedal to the engine... it's all done by computer now. My 99 Camry with 160,000 miles had better throttle response and shifted smoother than this car does!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.