2006 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Nice allround
By Bill on 02/26/09 19:55 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Boring inside design, moonroof has given more problems than it should...elct. wiring up behind headliner is always coming loose making for roof rattles and the drain line[s] for the moonroof clog up so I end up with a lake in the front pass. side floorboard after a heavy rain. Otherwise it's been a great car and I really dig the power of the 3.0 V6. On the highway with cruise control set at 62-63 mph....I'm getting 30 MPG.

40,000 mile review
By Greg on 01/28/09 18:47 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought this 06 Camry SE (4cyl) new and have put 40k on. No problems at all. Whenever I have purchased a Toyota or Honda I like them more as the miles rack up. This Camry is no exception. The OEM tires needed replacing @ 40k. They were kind of noisy and didn't do well in wet weather or snow. I replaced them with Good Year Triple Treads... big improvement. The paint is kind of soft so it shows scratches easier. But the ride, quietness, comfort, roominess, MPG and everything else has been great. Yeah the styling is kind of boring but it functions well. I like the simple controls. Cruise at 80 mph is no problem. Lots of interior room front and rear.

Dependable, Reliable and COOL
By Frankie-i on 12/31/08 20:36 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have a 1996 Toyota Corolla with manual transmission. The car has been extremely reliable as well as dependable throughout the years. I felt it was time for me to upgrade to a newer and larger vehicle. I knew I wanted another Toyota, so I purchased my 2006 Toyota Camry through a dealer friend of mine in Southern California. It took him some time to find a Camry with a five speed manual transmission. I love this car, it drives like a dream, the interior is super nice and the lines of the vehicle are classy. I purchased the 15 inch Toyota split spoke rims for the car and it looks tough. I get a lot of compliments on this car.

Great car!
By SWFL on 12/04/08 15:13 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

It seems to good to be true! I just want to know if this car will ever die on me? Going on 90,000 miles and all we've ever done to it is regular maintenance, replaced tires once, and replaced the battery once also. BTW, this is my 4th Camry, I never had any problems with any of them. Seriously, how long will this car last? Would love to read about long term mileage owners.

Own 2 Camrys and Love Them
By JC on 08/09/08 15:25 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Purchased a 2004 Camry SE with 4 cyl and auto trans, new, and loved it so much I bought the exact same model for my wife in 2006. Consumer Reports describes the ride as that of a more expensive car and they are correct. I have had absolutely no problems with either the 2004 or 2006, just normal maintenance. Hwy mileage is 33, city 24, as long as you drive sensibly and keep tires inflated to 32 psi. My tirewear has gone to normal lengths (25,000 for new car tire; 40,000 for replacement Costco Michelin tires).

Great car, but....
By VG on 07/21/08 09:14 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've been driving a Suburban for 5 years. I LOVE driving it. It is pure pleasure to drive. I LIKE my Camry. It's OK to drive, but not nearly as quiet. It doesn't have the driver comforts of my Suburban. I'm driving it purely for fuel economy. It's a great quality car and drives magnificently. It is simply a very utilitarian car.

Love My Camry
By dc on 07/11/08 19:29 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I don't drive my car that often but when I do it is like driving a luxury car. I don't have any complaints about the car. I have had one problem with the car. The throttle body position motor had to be replace on the car with the mileage under 10,000 miles. Car had no power (get up and go) at all and check engine light came on. Fixed by local dealership. Runs great now.

Nice Car, But...
By CW on 06/16/08 11:07 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I recently purchased this certified pre-owned vehicle. Smooth, quiet ride, but gas mileage isn't what I had hoped. My 1998 Oldsmobile seemingly got better mileage. I purchased the car for reliability, dependability, more importantly, for fuel efficiency. I did a lot of in-town driving & it was less than the advertised 24 mpg.

Very Happy
By laubacrc on 04/28/08 13:23 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I researched for months and came down to the Camry, Accord, and Altima. I was on a tight schedule and felt when the time came I would just buy the best car available on the given day. The Camry happended to be the best deal. I couldn't be happier. Much better pick-up than expected from a 4-cyl. Excellent gas mileage (34 mpg highway), and it drives so smoothly it's a pure pleasure. I bought the car with 25,000 miles on it, and I look forward to driving it for years. I get a lot of comments about the very smart purchase I made.

MPG Stinks
By Greg Winter on 03/04/08 08:59 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I am disgusted with this, my 2nd Camry, and my 3rd Toyota. The MPG was advertised as 24 city, 34 HWY. I have NEVER gotten better than 17 mpg and sometimes get 15/16. I've taken it to Toyota and all I get is a recommendation for a $500 tuneup. I have religiously followed instructions for maintenance, and have treated it with care, but I'm going to sell it. My Dodge minivan with 110K miles gets better mileage. I bought the silly thing mainly because I wanted better mileage, and it was a replacement for my '95 Camry which, even after 120K miles, got 24 mpg. Pathetic. Plus, the cup holder in the front doesn't work: it's not adjustable and the slim plastic tab keeps popping out. A lemon.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.