Used 2006 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews - 106 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Boring though solid and reliable 76k miles later
By bennychase

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have struggled with the way the 06 Camry looks inside and out. The exterior design looks like a granny car and the interior is boring and moderately comfortable at best.

However the car does feel solid and has been extremely reliable even with 76k miles on it. My Camry suffers from some of the quirks mentioned by other owners (lurching transmission when at a stop, sluggish acceleration response on highway etc.) but I have had no major issues and have not sunk any money on repairs outside of normal maintenance.

I test drove a 2006 Hyundai Sonata and a 2003 Infinity Q35 and they felt cheap
compared to the quality of the Camry. Though, the G35 and Sonata do look so much better!

Reliability. Build Quality. The 06 Camry is a working car. Built to reliably get you from point A to B every time...no frills...nothing more nothing less. Acceleration from a stop is surprisingly good for a 4 banger.

None that would help considering this vehicle has been replaced by the 6th generation Camry in 07.

Most reliable car I've ever owned.
By ngroeling

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car on a whim because my previous car was totaled and my rental car was due the next day. It was expensive and loaded with everything that I didn't really need, but I went for it anyway. Almost to it's 90k mark, it has still not had any major problems. Some maintenance shops tried getting more money out of me by telling me the transmission and radiator fluids need to be flushed, however, this is false. They were fine and the next place we went to thereafter said they were. So do be aware of places trying to get more money out of you by doing unnecessary fluid flushes, which can often damage the car. Other than that, it's doing great and I expect to get another 100k out of it.

Spaciousness.

seats are uncomfortable during long drives, but I've been in worse.

Camry.com (not real website)
By 3rdcamry

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 3rd 4 cylinder Camry 89, 98, and now 2006. The previous ones reached 200k miles with ease. The 2006 now has 144k miles. The real treat about this car is that the 4 cylinder 06 Camry's have a timing CHAIN, not a belt--which is a bargain for those of us Camry owners than run up the mileage. This is simply a reliable car. The spark plugs are platinum so you don't have to change them unless you are having a problem with performance. The 98 camry had the original plugs and wires when I traded them in (I have an honest mechanic) and the car ran smooth as ice.
I need a reliable vehicle for commuting to work and this is it.
Fun, safe and reliable, just keep fluids changed and fresh.

Easy for me to change oil since I use synthetic @ 5k mile intervals. Nice highway riding vehicle since I've been from Maine to Alabama in this car. Incredible gas mileage on the highway. Very low maintenance costs. Same shocks at 144k miles because it's mostly highway miles. No recall or surge issues--simply a great car. Rear seat folds down and I can carry 16 ft pieces of molding with ease and better than a pickup, no kidding. The engine in this model is 2.5 liter, with more than adequate highway acceleration power when needed. Hwy trips are sweet.

I think Toyota could improve the noise reduction panels on the inside of the sheet metal. Car is arleady quiet, but the manufacturer and dealers would know exactly what I'm talking about. Also if possible, the pass through from the trunk to backseat could be larger since I haul quite a bit of wood trim.

Best car for around 20k
By charlie

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The best car I ever had its true what people say about toyotas they run forever well in my situation 300k and still running strong and smooth like the day I bought it recommend it to everyone

Never own anyhing but Toyota
By Kevin

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Just bought the 06 V-6 a few months ago with 74k on it after having an 04 4 cyl. Absolutely love the feel of the V- 6 the power is awesome and the car shifts extremely smooth. Getting rite at 28 mpg back and forth to work everyday. Driving 30 miles round trip. The quality of Toyota can't be measured against any American vehicle. Plan to drive this car til it falls apart!

Bright Electro Eluminated Gauges that come on when you turn the switch on and disappear when you cut it off. Kinda like a lexus.

None really!