2006 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Great Car, Excellent Performance
By asifalimirza on 03/12/10 10:48 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan SE V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this car new, now I have 46,000 miles on it. It is a great car, and its 3.3L V6 is smooth & Powerful hitting 0-60 in about 7 sec. The interior is very quiet during driving, even on the Hwy. I do have the issue that others mentioned where there is a slight delay in the transmission when slowing down and than accelerating, but it seems to have gotten less over time. The other complaint i have is that Toyota quality seems to have gone down. The drivers side power Windows dont work properly. If i open the window the glass it would fall out of the slot. Had to have it repaired, which cost me $200. Other than that, I love this car. V6 gets me about 22 to 24 MPG

Again, the best car I ever owned
By r. nason on 10/19/09 14:58 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased my 2006 Camry only because my wife was retiring and we wanted to upgrade to a new car because of plans to travel. I traded in a 2003 Camry, and I must confess that I almost cried parting with that wonderful automobile; in hindsight, it would more than likely still be running fine. All of the reviews on the 2006, however, made me feel that it was a good decision. I currently have 60,000 miles on the car. Nothing has gone wrong. I replaced both the front and rear disc brakes just a week ago- such an easy job, the braking system was so clean. Replaced the factory tires at about 48,000 miles. The fuel economy of this car is simply outstanding. Always obtain 34- 36 mpg on the highway.

Camry was better than I thought
By Jay M. on 09/21/09 21:33 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is a solid car that has a LOT of features. It's extremely reliable and is great on gas. It is pretty comfortable inside and can easily accommodate 4 people in the back seat. I just got the car 2 weeks ago, as my dad convinced me into it, and it was a lot better than I anticipated.

The Australian Model
By Justine on 09/05/09 08:06 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I live in Melbourne Australia and thus own the Australian built V6 3.0 Altise Limited Edition which is the US XLE V6 version. This car drives like a baby and it has done only 45,000k (28,000 miles). I have no complaints apart from the knobs on the dash which makes it look rather cheap. The noise insulation is absolutely excellent! (not that it makes any noise of its own) Why can't Ford, GM and the rest build cars like this?

Fantastic Camry!
By French on 08/07/09 06:11 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We bought our Camry new. Other than regular maintenance it has been wonderful. We had good luck out of the factory tires, 55k before they needed to be replaced. I will admit I wanted the Altima first because I thought the styling was more sporty but all it took was a test drive and I was sold on the CAMRY! The ride is so quite, plus there is no motor noise. I bought my Camry for fuel economy and I've never been disappointed. My daily driving is a combo of city/hwy. I average 28-29 mpg. If I hit the hwy on a long road trip it is nothing to hit 36 mpg. We drive the wheels off- great ride, drive, fuel - NO COMPLAINTS! I've now owned my Camry for 3.5 yrs - I will own another one!

Good Economic Car
By Tipp City Ohio on 07/15/09 13:59 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This car is not for someone that is looking for style or fashion. It's a work car. Great gas mileage, great reliability, and performance for a 4 banger. The steering column needed to have telescopic function or sat closer to the driver. The interior is boring as a Buick, and the exterior looks like a granny car. But this car is built with quality and economy in mind. Blast them for making a Lt Blue version. My wife fell in love with it and now I feel weird driving a baby blue car. Oh well, it's hers anyway.

One of the best cars I've ever owned
By Driver in Texas on 06/26/09 18:04 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I love my '06 Camry. I bought it new, and now have over 91,000 miles on it. Gas mileage is terrific (I have the 4 cyl), so not sure what some of the other reviewers are saying (it's not a hybrid, folks). Commuting (stop-and-go highway driving) 450 miles/week (one tank) I get 28-29 mpg. On a Dallas-San Antonio trek last year on I-35 I averaged 35 mpg, cruising at 80 mph most of the way. Trips to Okla. to visit family net 34-36 mpg. As for maint: I've religiously followed the mfr sched. Only real problem was replacing the intermediate shaft at 80k ($500+ at dealer). OEM tires were junk, but replacements from Costco have been great. I love my Camry and would buy another one in a heartbeat.

Life as a Teenager Driving A Camry...
By O_o on 06/21/09 17:35 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I might only be 18 but have owned 3 cars my entire life, a 1993 300zx, an '07 Rav4 and my most recent car, an '06 Toyota Camry (all awesome cars in their own right). This car is not the fastest or best looking car I've owned, but it is the most comfortable and probably the best built car that 2006 had to offer. I have 80,000 miles on my Camry and it is the only car I plan on keeping until it dies (at the rate this car is going by the time it does die my children would have died because of old age). The car drives like how it did when I drove it off the showroom floor. It doesn't rattle or make any noises whatsoever. This car will cruise at 90 very, very happily all day long. =)

High mile Camry
By Doug on 05/16/09 21:18 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan SE V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I was given this car as a company car brand new and have been pleased with the car as it has just turned over 100K. The only complaint I have is the lag when slowing down (under 30 mph) and then accelerating. It seems to get caught between gears and then lurches when the gears engage. This has happened since new and the dealer noted it is a "problem" that has not be remedied. On the other hand, my first break job was at 90K and I drive the car hard. The only unscheduled repair was a leaking power steering line at 90K ($250 repair). I cruise at 80mph and get around 26 to 27 mph (V6 remember). I love the extra power of the V6 on the interstate.

Great Mileage
By Roger on 04/22/09 08:21 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased my Camry from a dealership with 39,000 miles. At the moment I have only driven it about 1000 miles, but so far it is an exceptional car. The car is functional, comfortable, quiet and roomy. The operational controls are all within easy reach. The overall quality is better than anything I've ever owned. My city mileage is 23-25. Highway is 35.5 at 66-68 mph (2.4 auto), on my one and only road trip.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.