Used 2006 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

2006 Toyota Camry

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Car lives up to its reputation
By kramay

2006 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I am very impressed with the value for the money and the performance of my Camry. The ride is perfect and quite and the fuel economy is great. It glides down the open road with ease. (set your cruise control on the highway... can't tell you're driving 90 mph) the rides that smooth and efortless. The maintenance schedule costs are small compared to other cars in this class. I can't see my family ever buying another make of car.

Favorite Features

Quiet ride and the room inside.

Replaced my T-Bird
By Rick

2006 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I traded a 97 T-Bird (last of the "big Iron T-Birds). I expected less from the Camry , but have been pleasently surprized. Not as much "top end", but peppy, great handleing, and good economy. Had to make a number of "long trips" immediately after purchase and enjoyed each of them. Will buy another when the time comes...

Favorite Features

Style, drive train, and quality.

Suggested Improvements

one or two more inches of leg room in front would make this a "10" for comfort. Otherwise, just don't mess with it...

Another Great Camry
By arjay

2006 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my second Camry, trading in my '97 after driving it 179000 trouble- free miles. The '06 is much more refined - smoother, quieter and more comfortable seats. Beautiful, tasteful interior.

Favorite Features

JBL sound system with integrated Sirius satellite radio, Optitron gauges, trip computer, power lumbar support.

Suggested Improvements

Center console armrest is too low and hard. Power seat is too high at lowest setting/tilt steering wheel too low at highest setting. Impossible to get into car without hitting my legs on steering wheel.

Love my Camry
By Tami

2006 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My car was shot after 8 years and since I hate change I decided this next purchase should be something that will last over 10 years. Therefore I got it loaded with everything I love. What a car! It drives so smooth. Feels so safe. And all the research shows the Toyota Camry was the most dependable and trusted sedan to go with. The ride is so smooth and luxurious that we almost fall asleep while driving (which can be dangerous!). I LOVE automatic headlights, timing wipers, lumbar seat contols, roomy comfortable back seats, magazine holders in back doors, milk holders in large trunk.

Favorite Features

I love having controls on the steering wheel: radio preset changes, volume, changing different modes for gas mileage, est. gas left, outside temp, av. gas mileage, etc. I also love the leather and look.The heated seats are just like sitting in an outside hot tub in winter. Climate control.

Suggested Improvements

I don't like that standard items have to be added; side airbags, floor mats. Sound system could be a lot better.

Camry 2006.
By kss

2006 Toyota Camry Standard 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Smooth ride, roomy interiors. All in all a perfect mid size car with a good value for money.