Used 2006 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews - 106 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

2006 Toyota Camry

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

2006 4 cyl camry
By captjack

2006 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

this is my first Toyota and I am very pleased after the first yr, 15000 miles. no warranty issues whatsoever. car runs great on the highway at 75mph and the 4 cyl engine provides plenty of power.

Mileage is great...rated 35 highway. very large trunk is also a plus for me as we travel quite a bit.

iPOD connection on the radio.

No complaints
By James Lumbert

2006 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This car is a great car for the money. Plenty of room, has all the extras, not bad on gas and a bit sporty with spoiler and alloy wheels. looks almost like the Lexus of the same size.

room, everything laid on right. large trunk, lots of options included on the LE

smoother transmission.

My 2006 Toyota is AWESOME!
By Gordon Whittaker

2006 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is the first Toyota I have purchased and I wonder why I waited this long. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this car. It is incredibly fun to drive and extremely comfortable. The acceleration, steering, braking, etc. are better then anything I have driven since I started driving back in 1964. I love this car!

Heated seats, acceleration, handling, color, responsiveness, overall look, appointments.

Very disappointed
By j ram

2006 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Many changes have been made since my '98 Camry that are downright irritating. To be brief, my complaints w/ the V4 LE are: (1) oil filter no longer easily accessible (2) Engine revs irregularly (tires squeal pulling out from a stop; hesitates at other times, giving an irregular jolt forward that is noticeably jarring (3) Car alarm placed on key where it is too easily triggered (16 times in 7 months) (3) Transmission won't shift from Park unless brake lights are on;my brake fuse went out, and the car LOCKED up on me in park). (4)OBNOXIOUS fasten- seatbelt alarm that goes off (at ANY TIME) if there is anything weighted on the passenger seat (I almost got in a wreck because of it); (4)Door lock system-get out after driving, ALL doors are still locked (why?);unlocked doors SELF-RE-LOCK

The car has good points: Toyota quality, good mpg, and decent horsepower.

My Camry
By Dick Conway

2006 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My wife and I just returned from a 3500 mile trip from Dallas to Minneapolis to Michigan, done in 8 days. Drove 710 miles one day and didn't feel tired at all that evening (like I have always felt in other cars on long distance drives). This car drives beautifully and is super comfortable. It has a great turning radius, excellent visibility and general road handling. I love this car (that now has 25000 miles)!! P.S. I'm 73 years old.