2006 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Toyo Camry: V benchmark of family sedans
By Quoizimodo on 11/17/05 21:45 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

After looking at the Accord and out of reach Maxima, the Camry was the logical choice. I opted for the LE V-6. The Accord has more ponies but is a sohc engine compared to the Toyo's dohc. In addition, the Honda cost $3000 more. And their interior is less insulated from road noise. The Camry's 3.0 V6 is strong and feels effortless. You'll go up to freeway speed in no time. The 5 speed auto is very smooth, barely perceptible. Ergonomics are very driver friendly. 15 inch wheels with Continental tires. You'll save gas and money with the 4 cylinders base model, however, I would strongly recommend you to go for the base V6 LE. You get an extra 40+ ponies to pass those 18 wheelers.

Great Honeymoon Period!
By Figatissimo on 11/16/05 10:33 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry Standard 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Ok, this may be a bit premature since I only have about 350 miles on it, but I've got to praise this car! Exceeded all expectations. Smooth ride, excellent handling, abundant power. Loaded even at the base level. Incredible build quality. I'm having a problem getting adjusted to this car, though. It does such a good job of isolating the driver from the road, I sometimes don't realize how fast I'm going! Sometimes it feels more like sitting in my living room watching a movie than driving!

Stop your shopping!!!!
By Joe Budget on 11/15/05 21:17 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have owned two Altimas and a Mazda 6 in the last 22 months and put over 52,000 miles on them. The Camry rides better than any of those hands down! Smoother, quieter, better fuel economy for comparable dollars. I have averaged 30 mpg and really enjoy driving this car. The 4 banger has plenty of power and you can go over 500 miles on a tank of gas. Great fit and finish and very quiet. The trunk is much bigger than the Altima and the rear end does not sag down when you load it up.(like the Altima) The Altima averaged only 26 miles per gallon and had much more road noise. Toyota has done a GREAT JOB with this car and I Highly recommend it. Smooth, quiet and great economy. I love it!!!

2006 Camry XLE
By TCAM on 11/15/05 16:12 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased 2006 XLE with options GU and HD. Car rides smooth and excellent handling . Placement of audio controls on steering good idea bad location ( should be at 3 o'clock or 9 o'clock) not 5 and 7.

A car to be enjoyed for all seasons.
By Rita on 11/10/05 10:52 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

When you get behind the wheel you can feel comfortable and relaxed with all the luxurious appointments. Everything is easy to reach and understand. It feels designed with the driver in mind. I love my Camry LE. I'm over 70 years old and haven't felt better about any other car I've owned.

From Rags to Riches: Upgrading to Camry
By AnnieP on 10/27/05 13:37 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Im 6'2 and like room when I drive, so when we moved from AZ to the east coast we decided we would take a road trip. However, we had a 2001 corolla and there was no way it was enough room for our trip. We traded it in for the 2005 Camry and had the most amazing road trip. It drives like a dream and 3000 miles was an easy task behind the wheel of this car. It gets great gas milage too! The Camry vs Corolla was a great transition into an "adult's" car- it looks sharp and is a commuter's dream. Even the backseat is comfortable...I dont have a single complaint about this car.

2006 Camry LE I love it !
By Roadturtle on 10/24/05 18:47 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I just bought my third Camry. This is the best one so far. Roomy, comfortable, stylish, fun to drive, great gas mileage. Everything I wanted in a new car, and a great price.

gas mileage?
By O on 10/24/05 05:13 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased a Camry SE 4Cyl. last month, and have already reached 1500 miles, but no improvement to the gas mileage, still just around 25m/g. It’s supposed to be getting around 34. The only problem I have had is the middle console keeps opening on its own, so must go back to dealer.

New 2006 Camry Exceeds Expectations
By AllanL on 10/18/05 11:50 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I only have 500 miles on my new LE 4cyl. I have averaged 31 mpg with combination city/Hwy miles. Handles well, and looks great. Upgraded to leather and so far very happy with the decision. Enough power to be safe and respectable in traffic. Initial rating may be the best car I have ever purchased. I have owned two toyotas before with excellent results from both.

Camry 2006 - V6 3.3 SE
By Alex in VA on 09/28/05 20:30 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry SE V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The breaking in period doesn’t really let you feel the power of the engine. Once I approached to the 500 miles, I was able to gas up the engine and feel what the best Camry performance- speaking can do. The tests done by the pros indicate that SE V6 can do 0-60 in 6 seconds. My own test shows that it can do it in about 4.5s and without stressing the engine much which gracefully impressed me. After all it is 3.3L V6. The outside looks stylish, nicer than the Accord. I surveyed every single lady in my family and relatives and they find it more attractive than the Accord. They stated the same: “It looks more elegant, more car". You cannot go wrong with it.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.