Used 2006 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

My 2006 Toyota is AWESOME!
By Gordon Whittaker

2006 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is the first Toyota I have purchased and I wonder why I waited this long. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this car. It is incredibly fun to drive and extremely comfortable. The acceleration, steering, braking, etc. are better then anything I have driven since I started driving back in 1964. I love this car!

Heated seats, acceleration, handling, color, responsiveness, overall look, appointments.

Very disappointed
By j ram

2006 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Many changes have been made since my '98 Camry that are downright irritating. To be brief, my complaints w/ the V4 LE are: (1) oil filter no longer easily accessible (2) Engine revs irregularly (tires squeal pulling out from a stop; hesitates at other times, giving an irregular jolt forward that is noticeably jarring (3) Car alarm placed on key where it is too easily triggered (16 times in 7 months) (3) Transmission won't shift from Park unless brake lights are on;my brake fuse went out, and the car LOCKED up on me in park). (4)OBNOXIOUS fasten- seatbelt alarm that goes off (at ANY TIME) if there is anything weighted on the passenger seat (I almost got in a wreck because of it); (4)Door lock system-get out after driving, ALL doors are still locked (why?);unlocked doors SELF-RE-LOCK

The car has good points: Toyota quality, good mpg, and decent horsepower.

My Camry
By Dick Conway

2006 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My wife and I just returned from a 3500 mile trip from Dallas to Minneapolis to Michigan, done in 8 days. Drove 710 miles one day and didn't feel tired at all that evening (like I have always felt in other cars on long distance drives). This car drives beautifully and is super comfortable. It has a great turning radius, excellent visibility and general road handling. I love this car (that now has 25000 miles)!! P.S. I'm 73 years old.

I'm in love with my car
By Rochelle

2006 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This car is comfortable to travel in, as well as "no effort driving". And the get up and go is there when you need it. Fantastic gas mileage on the highway. What can I say? I'm in love with my car.

The multi-positional power driver seat. And the roomy center console.

You can't improve on this car!!!

New '06 Camry LE
By TD

2006 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

After years of owning mini-vans and hauling tons of kids around, it was time for a sedan once again. Went shopping for a decent used car and ended up at a Toyota dealer and saw a silver '06 LE Special Edition with the body kit and BBS wheels. I always thought the Camry was a boring old lady car but this package changed the whole looks. My wife said it looked as good as a BMW. The car was a dealer demo and had only 7k miles, so they put up some hefty discounts. Came away with a $26K ride for a shade less than $20K.

Silver color with the Special Edition body kit and BBS wheels is just drop dead gorgeous. Interior is roomy and the leather is great. My monthly gas bill drops with the 30+ mgg. What's not to like?

The front seats are nice but not the most comfortable...need a little more thigh support. Needs another accessory outlet. What's with the drum brakes on the rear? Come on Toyota, don't be so cheap!