2006 Toyota Camry Sedan 2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Automatic Consumer Reviews

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

XLE Sedan (2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Automatic)

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
If it is used, it is used up.
By john797 on 01/14/15 07:57 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The 2.4L Camry is a mid-sized car which feels like a mid-sized car inside, parks like a mid-size car outside, and sips gas like a compact... and drives with the slushy feel, vague steering, handling, and turning circle of a much larger car. The driver's seat is extremely uncomfortable. Some of the interior luxury features like heated seats are nice. The mpg computer over-states the gas mileage by a bit, but it still does very well for such a large car. Reliability is where it all falls down. All 2006s are out of warranty now and repairs are very expensive. If you want a used 2006 be sure to get the V-6 which reportedly doesn't have the problems the 2.4L does.

Again, the best car I ever owned
By r. nason on 10/19/09 14:58 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased my 2006 Camry only because my wife was retiring and we wanted to upgrade to a new car because of plans to travel. I traded in a 2003 Camry, and I must confess that I almost cried parting with that wonderful automobile; in hindsight, it would more than likely still be running fine. All of the reviews on the 2006, however, made me feel that it was a good decision. I currently have 60,000 miles on the car. Nothing has gone wrong. I replaced both the front and rear disc brakes just a week ago- such an easy job, the braking system was so clean. Replaced the factory tires at about 48,000 miles. The fuel economy of this car is simply outstanding. Always obtain 34- 36 mpg on the highway.

Camry was better than I thought
By Jay M. on 09/21/09 21:33 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is a solid car that has a LOT of features. It's extremely reliable and is great on gas. It is pretty comfortable inside and can easily accommodate 4 people in the back seat. I just got the car 2 weeks ago, as my dad convinced me into it, and it was a lot better than I anticipated.

Safety is Excellent
By Tami on 04/04/07 14:43 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I reviewed 12 months ago when I first bought the car. I loved it then and now I'm going to miss it. Last week we were hit broadside into the passengar side. The floor of the car absorbed all the impact and the airbags deployed. We all are just fine like it never happened!! The car is totaled : ( oh my baby... and I'm sure we'll be buying another one like it... but where it's most important the safety is superb!!!

Comparing to other similar cars, good
By Maria on 01/22/07 02:13 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The MPG disappointed me. It is not the value manufacturer says.

My 2006 Toyota is AWESOME!
By Gordon Whittaker on 08/03/06 16:42 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is the first Toyota I have purchased and I wonder why I waited this long. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this car. It is incredibly fun to drive and extremely comfortable. The acceleration, steering, braking, etc. are better then anything I have driven since I started driving back in 1964. I love this car!

Another Great Camry
By arjay on 03/23/06 11:12 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my second Camry, trading in my '97 after driving it 179000 trouble- free miles. The '06 is much more refined - smoother, quieter and more comfortable seats. Beautiful, tasteful interior.

Love my Camry
By Tami on 03/21/06 12:24 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My car was shot after 8 years and since I hate change I decided this next purchase should be something that will last over 10 years. Therefore I got it loaded with everything I love. What a car! It drives so smooth. Feels so safe. And all the research shows the Toyota Camry was the most dependable and trusted sedan to go with. The ride is so smooth and luxurious that we almost fall asleep while driving (which can be dangerous!). I LOVE automatic headlights, timing wipers, lumbar seat contols, roomy comfortable back seats, magazine holders in back doors, milk holders in large trunk.

The Best Car
By krasi henkel on 02/01/06 13:07 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

After owning 10 new American cars with various mechanical and consetic problems and never any help from their manufacturers or dealers, I stopped trying to support the American auto industry and decided to support my personal fiscal policy: elegant, comfortable car, low maintenance, economical, and great to drive. The winner: Toyota Camry!! There is no equal. Now on my 6th Toyota, and still loving it. GM & Ford lost my business through poor service and quality. Not going back. Excellent car, great drive, no problems!!

Toyota; In a league of their own...
By Brutus the Buckeye on 01/26/06 13:57 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We just purchased a 2006 Camry XLE 4-cyl. We opted for the 4 cyl for the simple reason of gas mileage. At 28-29 overall driving and high 30s for highway, it was a no-brainer. The 4-cyl has plenty of pick up for us. Quiteness and ride quality for long trips is great same as Lexus. Camry is very quiet. Trunk space is good as well. Dash is easy to read and see. Headlights are great. And above all, it is Toyota. Awesome!