Used 2006 Toyota Camry LE Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Camry.com (not real website)
By 3rdcamry

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 3rd 4 cylinder Camry 89, 98, and now 2006. The previous ones reached 200k miles with ease. The 2006 now has 144k miles. The real treat about this car is that the 4 cylinder 06 Camry's have a timing CHAIN, not a belt--which is a bargain for those of us Camry owners than run up the mileage. This is simply a reliable car. The spark plugs are platinum so you don't have to change them unless you are having a problem with performance. The 98 camry had the original plugs and wires when I traded them in (I have an honest mechanic) and the car ran smooth as ice. I need a reliable vehicle for commuting to work and this is it. Fun, safe and reliable, just keep fluids changed and fresh.

Easy for me to change oil since I use synthetic @ 5k mile intervals. Nice highway riding vehicle since I've been from Maine to Alabama in this car. Incredible gas mileage on the highway. Very low maintenance costs. Same shocks at 144k miles because it's mostly highway miles. No recall or surge issues--simply a great car. Rear seat folds down and I can carry 16 ft pieces of molding with ease and better than a pickup, no kidding. The engine in this model is 2.5 liter, with more than adequate highway acceleration power when needed. Hwy trips are sweet.

I think Toyota could improve the noise reduction panels on the inside of the sheet metal. Car is arleady quiet, but the manufacturer and dealers would know exactly what I'm talking about. Also if possible, the pass through from the trunk to backseat could be larger since I haul quite a bit of wood trim.

Dependable, Reliable and COOL
By Frankie-i

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have a 1996 Toyota Corolla with manual transmission. The car has been extremely reliable as well as dependable throughout the years. I felt it was time for me to upgrade to a newer and larger vehicle. I knew I wanted another Toyota, so I purchased my 2006 Toyota Camry through a dealer friend of mine in Southern California. It took him some time to find a Camry with a five speed manual transmission. I love this car, it drives like a dream, the interior is super nice and the lines of the vehicle are classy. I purchased the 15 inch Toyota split spoke rims for the car and it looks tough. I get a lot of compliments on this car.

There are to many favorite features to list.

I would like to see the seats adjust a little lower than they actually do. They seem to be just a little to high for me.

flawless
By steve

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

excellent gas mileage about town. quiet on the highway. lots of interior room & very comfortable. wish it had an mp3 capable radio and a fancier interior option. interior is vanilla plain! no lighted power windows & door lock buttons. hard to find at night. the radio light is dim.

outside visability, ease of operation.

mp3 player radio, lighted power window & door lock switches, interior decor options