2006 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Never own anyhing but Toyota
By Kevin on 08/07/10 10:10 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Just bought the 06 V-6 a few months ago with 74k on it after having an 04 4 cyl. Absolutely love the feel of the V- 6 the power is awesome and the car shifts extremely smooth. Getting rite at 28 mpg back and forth to work everyday. Driving 30 miles round trip. The quality of Toyota can't be measured against any American vehicle. Plan to drive this car til it falls apart!

Life as a Teenager Driving A Camry...
By O_o on 06/21/09 17:35 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I might only be 18 but have owned 3 cars my entire life, a 1993 300zx, an '07 Rav4 and my most recent car, an '06 Toyota Camry (all awesome cars in their own right). This car is not the fastest or best looking car I've owned, but it is the most comfortable and probably the best built car that 2006 had to offer. I have 80,000 miles on my Camry and it is the only car I plan on keeping until it dies (at the rate this car is going by the time it does die my children would have died because of old age). The car drives like how it did when I drove it off the showroom floor. It doesn't rattle or make any noises whatsoever. This car will cruise at 90 very, very happily all day long. =)

Nice allround
By Bill on 02/26/09 19:55 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Boring inside design, moonroof has given more problems than it should...elct. wiring up behind headliner is always coming loose making for roof rattles and the drain line[s] for the moonroof clog up so I end up with a lake in the front pass. side floorboard after a heavy rain. Otherwise it's been a great car and I really dig the power of the 3.0 V6. On the highway with cruise control set at 62-63 mph....I'm getting 30 MPG.

Love My Camry
By dc on 07/11/08 19:29 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I don't drive my car that often but when I do it is like driving a luxury car. I don't have any complaints about the car. I have had one problem with the car. The throttle body position motor had to be replace on the car with the mileage under 10,000 miles. Car had no power (get up and go) at all and check engine light came on. Fixed by local dealership. Runs great now.

Jerky/Slow responding Camry
By ramankgb on 12/27/07 10:11 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The Camry gives impressive fuel economy for a V6. Reston, va to Erie, pa on a tank of gas. Very silent compared to my 2.4L Camry. The fit and finish are excellent and is the interior comfort. Excellent JBL stereo option. The only problems i noticed was, The transmission shifts back and forth at low speeds. It gets very annoying especially in rush hour traffic. I am assuming that to save on cost, the same tranny as the one used in 2.4L or 3.3L was mated to the 3.0L. Also, the Drive by wire system response is tragically slow, especially during accelaration for passing other cars, to the point that it can become a safety hazard, as the driver is unable to judge the passing time.

Jerky Camry
By Chuck on 03/28/07 04:44 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The tranny bucks and skips at low speeds. The V6 needs a tad more HP. Interior is roomy and comfortable with loads of storage space. Trunk is very adequate. For the money it is a decent car.

Jerky disappointment
By phoward47 on 12/28/06 16:47 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The transmission shifts jerky at low speed. Slow down to 8-10 mph (like at a yield) and press the gas normal and the car will jerk hard as it downshifts from second to first. Think of a young kid learning to drive a clutch. That is the best way to describe this. The bigger problem comes when passing on the freeway. You see a gap and floor it but nothing happens for 3-5 seconds. I think this is because there is no longer a cable from the gas pedal to the engine... it's all done by computer now. My 99 Camry with 160,000 miles had better throttle response and shifted smoother than this car does!

2006 Toyota Camry
By Kym Longo on 11/05/06 01:27 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Went from a 1995 Nissan Maxima. Miss the power in the engine and the handling. The Camry makes up in ride and comfort. I drive around a lot in the Puget Sound Area and have to sit in traffic quite a bit, the comfort and manuverablility is great. Doesn't handle quite like the Maxima, but is comparable (cornering, driving with lots of water on the road). Not sure I would purchase another Camry.

No complaints
By James Lumbert on 09/28/06 18:33 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This car is a great car for the money. Plenty of room, has all the extras, not bad on gas and a bit sporty with spoiler and alloy wheels. looks almost like the Lexus of the same size.

I'm in love with my car
By Rochelle on 05/09/06 18:15 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This car is comfortable to travel in, as well as "no effort driving". And the get up and go is there when you need it. Fantastic gas mileage on the highway. What can I say? I'm in love with my car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.