2006 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Great Car, Excellent Performance
By asifalimirza on 03/12/10 10:48 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry SE V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this car new, now I have 46,000 miles on it. It is a great car, and its 3.3L V6 is smooth & Powerful hitting 0-60 in about 7 sec. The interior is very quiet during driving, even on the Hwy. I do have the issue that others mentioned where there is a slight delay in the transmission when slowing down and than accelerating, but it seems to have gotten less over time. The other complaint i have is that Toyota quality seems to have gone down. The drivers side power Windows dont work properly. If i open the window the glass it would fall out of the slot. Had to have it repaired, which cost me $200. Other than that, I love this car. V6 gets me about 22 to 24 MPG

High mile Camry
By Doug on 05/16/09 21:18 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry SE V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I was given this car as a company car brand new and have been pleased with the car as it has just turned over 100K. The only complaint I have is the lag when slowing down (under 30 mph) and then accelerating. It seems to get caught between gears and then lurches when the gears engage. This has happened since new and the dealer noted it is a "problem" that has not be remedied. On the other hand, my first break job was at 90K and I drive the car hard. The only unscheduled repair was a leaking power steering line at 90K ($250 repair). I cruise at 80mph and get around 26 to 27 mph (V6 remember). I love the extra power of the V6 on the interstate.

2006 Camry
By Patrick on 11/28/07 13:28 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry SE V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Car looks good, drives fine but the low profile tires are noisy. Transmission was replaced at 20000 miles. Eats through tires like a demon. EIGHT tires in 30000 miles. Toyota completely unresponsive to the problem

Camry vs Accord
By DK on 03/18/06 09:30 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry SE V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased a Lunar Mist 2006 Camry SE 6cyl auto. I have previously owned 4 new Accords (90,94,98,03) but this is my first Camry. I chose the Camry because it is much quieter, roomier, and smoother on the road than the Accord. The dash layout is better (even the steering wheel audio controls are lighted). The 03 Accord quality was not up to my expectations. The Camry SE is sportier and handles much better. Both V6s have plenty of power, and the Accord did get a MPG or so better, but the Camry more than makes up for that in everyday driving pleasure... very easy to live with.

Camry 2006 - V6 3.3 SE
By Alex in VA on 09/28/05 20:30 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry SE V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The breaking in period doesn’t really let you feel the power of the engine. Once I approached to the 500 miles, I was able to gas up the engine and feel what the best Camry performance- speaking can do. The tests done by the pros indicate that SE V6 can do 0-60 in 6 seconds. My own test shows that it can do it in about 4.5s and without stressing the engine much which gracefully impressed me. After all it is 3.3L V6. The outside looks stylish, nicer than the Accord. I surveyed every single lady in my family and relatives and they find it more attractive than the Accord. They stated the same: “It looks more elegant, more car". You cannot go wrong with it.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.