2006 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
The Australian Model
By Justine on 09/05/09 08:06 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I live in Melbourne Australia and thus own the Australian built V6 3.0 Altise Limited Edition which is the US XLE V6 version. This car drives like a baby and it has done only 45,000k (28,000 miles). I have no complaints apart from the knobs on the dash which makes it look rather cheap. The noise insulation is absolutely excellent! (not that it makes any noise of its own) Why can't Ford, GM and the rest build cars like this?

2006 XLE V6 Toyota
By Sharon, Maryland on 03/23/07 17:35 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

My top-of-the-line XLE- V-6 Toyota Camry looks great, it's reliable, affordable, and has the bells and whistles of a Mercedes-Benz. Toyota repairs are easily accessible if needed. I love it!!

Rating of vehicle
By Frank on 03/10/07 05:48 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I really like the Camry 4 door Sedan xle because it's a very reliable car and it is a very well engineered car. I get excellent gas mileage. It is very comfortable and an easy and fun car to drive.

Replaced my T-Bird
By Rick on 03/28/06 10:09 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I traded a 97 T-Bird (last of the "big Iron T-Birds). I expected less from the Camry , but have been pleasently surprized. Not as much "top end", but peppy, great handleing, and good economy. Had to make a number of "long trips" immediately after purchase and enjoyed each of them. Will buy another when the time comes...

Why buy a Lexus ES 330?
By Rocky2 on 02/23/06 14:49 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

If you are secure enough to live without the Lexus nameplate on the ES 330 you can have essentially the same vehicle with the Camry XLE 6 cylinder. The Camry body style is a bit more subdued but the same creature comforts and driveline components are there for your enjoyment...along with the $6,000 to $8,000 you save.

Love the Ride but annoying to Drive
By Ed EE on 02/08/06 22:50 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

First time Toyota buyer just loved the comfort and ride of this tight car. Clean, traditional and conservative styling. Very quiet ride - so much so that sometimes I didn't think the engine was still running. Peppy V6, good handling, gas mileage in high 20's. This top of the line XLE is so well equipped that it could have been a Lexus. But then Toyota cheaped out and didn't even include floor mats.

Good move to buy Camry XLE
By Bob on 01/26/06 01:26 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I find the handling great and the fuel economy wonderful. Thought about a Lexus GS 300, but made a better decision with the Camry. Like the 6 disc CD changer and sound system very much!

Upgraded From 1999 LE to 2006 XLE
By humanimal on 01/21/06 19:16 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I just upgraded to the fully loaded (except for navigation package) V6 XLE Auto Transmission. I drove it a lot today and loved it. I bought a new LE in Jan. 2000 and never did anything to it except oil changes, tires, brakes,and alignments. Here's hoping the new one does me as well as the old one. With my family's history owning Toyota's & Toyota's rep for quality...I'm sure it will.

Upgraded my Corolla to a Camry
By DJ on 01/10/06 19:13 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This car has been great, on my 5th month of driving it. Literally twice the horsepower of my 97 Corolla, very smooth ride, super quiet, Fantastic! sound system. Tons of room in the back for kids or adults. Huge trunk. Gas mileage is a bit less than I would like, but I sacrificed on purpose to get the V6 power. Still giving me 20+ mpg on my commute.

Love my new XLE V6!
By Susan on 12/08/05 01:17 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the '06 XLE V6 Camry in early October and have already put over 5,000 miles on it, taking it through several states, to boot. This car is a GEM! I honestly can't see myself owning anything other than an upscale Toyota ever again. (My next will be an Avalon, I think!) My husband is a mechanic, and he went over the vehicle with a fine-toothed comb just looking for any flaws (body, interior, under the hood -- anything), and even he - Mr. Critical - was completely impressed with it. It drives like a dream and we just honestly couldn't be happier. Oh! And the gas mileage is even better than expected. I am so pleased with my Camry. And the salsa red color is beautiful, too!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.