2005 Toyota Camry Consumer Review: Thought I did my homework

2005 Toyota Camry - Consumer Review

2005 Toyota Camry

LE Sedan (2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Thought I did my homework
By Bella Car on

2005 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My first Toyota, everyone raves about these cars. I can't seem to get more than 18 mpg in the city in this car. I have a short distance commute but I should be able to break 20. Car is going to dealership. HATE the tranny, bad shifting in low gears, drags between 1-2-3 gears. Fine after you hit 40 mph. Car stereo is the pits. Does not get good reception. Was told to upgrade would cost >$1,000 for basically the same unit. Needs new steering wheel computer for new stereo. Aftermarket stereos would disable steering wheel controls. Miss my 1998 Nissan Altima that I traded in; I passed by an 04 Infiniti I35 because of the gas mileage. With gas at $3.50 I am trading this in before summer.

The car is just beautiful on the outside. White paint , great styling (better than the 07 redesign) Really a looker for a family car. Nice sunroof, wheel covers.

Stereo situation stinks period. Toyota, shame on you for making consumers replace everything with Toyota parts and then NOT providing the options. Gas mileage is infuriating. Just unacceptable.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review