Used 2005 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews - 327 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

2nd Time Around
By THEAL

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 2nd Camry. My first was a 2002 which I love and still have. My 2005 is even better. I love the steering wheel mounted radio controls, the extra cog in the tranny, and the slight bump in HP and fuel economy. This car is smooth as can be. Great car for long trips. Interior materials are better quality than the 07 redesign. I love the fact that all I have to do is general maintenance. I have no troubles with this car or my 02 (which now has 140,000 miles). Have not had to see a mechanic not even once. As far as sportiness, there is none to be had here, look elsewhere. But if you are looking for a good car, that is smooth, quiet and reliable, then look no further than the Camry.

The smooth ride. Quiet engine. Rock solid reliability. The leather and fake wood pkg in my LE. Interior looks XLE for LE coin.

Needs a tad more power. A little more sportiness in the steering and handling.

Solid Car
By Richard

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I'll echo what other folk are saying. Bought mine new in 2005 and have had no problems at all, not even a burnt bulb. I think I'm at 83,000 miles or so now. I put Goodyear Tripletreads on around 40,000 as I didn't like the factory tires, and the Tripletreads greatly increased braking power, corner, and wet-condition handling. I usually get low 30s gas mileage for mix driving and mid thirties for long highway trips. Just be smart and buy this car if you're looking. Oh, and change the in-cabin air filter at least once a year to help with inside fog.

Excellent reliability, curtain airbags, steering volume control, power driver's seat, great A/C, overhead sunglass storage space

I suggest Toyota and all other auto manufactures should go back to the good old days when they actually put enough paint on cars. This car, like all the recent ones I see, gets road chips entirely too easily. I could slide a hammer over the hood of my old 94 Camry and not even scratch it.

Reliable but not so fun to drive
By Topaz

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan Standard 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

It's a very reliable car. Low maintenance. However, when I need a sudden burst to accelerate on the freeway, it almost redlines going from 55mph to 65mph.

I like that the driver's side seat has many adjustment options. The center console is also very handy. Great place to charge your phone or leave personal items out of plain view.

Improve the transmission.

Good car, but
By Umka

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second Camry. The first one Camry 1996 was much better. Seems Toyota lost quality. Disappointed with my purchase. I chose Camry because of reliability, but things like bad shifting in low gears, poor acceleration, hesitation when starting from full stop makes me unhappy.....Get 25 MPG average

Large trunk, large interior space, good passenger room....

Thought I did my homework part 2
By bella car

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Updating my first review. Paid the dealer to flush and clean out the fuel injectors which immediately improved gas mileage and sluggish tranny. Was advised to run 91 octane to keep clean. At same visit told that rocker arms were cracked and coming out of sleeves. $900.00 repair job and car had 34,000 miles. Filed complaint with Toyota and I had to pay 1/3 of cost. Dealer tried very hard to make it right, so kudos to them, Still disappointed with my purchase. I am looking to trade this car in. I'm going back to Nissan or Honda.

Car is still so very pretty.

Stereo reception still stinks and can't believe that major parts needed to be replaced.