2005 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
3rd Camry, 1st New one!
By Melinda on 04/27/06 23:18 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I am totally pleased with the performance of this, my 3rd Camry. It's very smooth, very quiet, no squeeks. Has more than enough power entering freeways. Visibility is great, though I always add those little square mirrors on both side mirrors, on every car I have for extra safety. The car handles very well, It's simple to drive with intuitive controls. The premium sound CD player is very good. I''m not in love with the 'looks' of it, I DO know how dependable these cars tend to be, and I DO love that! My husband wanted a 6cyl. 4 would have done it for me. I've had both. 1/3 less mpg. with the 6cyl. 4r's are good and safe, peppy enough. These days it matters more mpg = $$$.

The best family car so far
By Tomek on 04/14/06 08:24 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

After my last car broke down, I was looking for reliable car I won't have to worry about. Toyota was the answer. Minimal maintnance (all you have to do is change oil and rotate tires - other items are very rare). It also has surprisingly large trunk - travel play pen, double stroller and still room for bags

XLE
By grande on 02/19/06 11:58 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I think that this car is really good & cool...It has many great features such as, rear sensors (4 pcs), multi information display screen, 6 CD changer, tape, auto seats with leather, power windows, bluetooth & more

Great car but not very reliable
By H Hoang on 01/26/06 17:51 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Camry Standard 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I owned the Camry for almost 2 years now. This car rides very smooth and comfort, good gas mileage. Steering feels very unstable on windy day, highway only. My only concern is power steer broke at 30K miles, whole rack and pinion system replaced. I am very suprised, this seems to be very early for Toyota car. Manufacture covered the cost, around $900. Other than this problem, I think Camry is a good car for family.

My Camry
By JJ on 01/14/06 09:38 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Totally satisfied with entire vehicle. No complaints. Extremely impressed with handling, comfort, gas mileage, and sound system.

Thanks toyota
By paul on 01/07/06 20:18 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Camry Standard 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I really enjoy the car, dependable stylish, roomy, good ride. Could use more power. I find car quite hard on fuel about town, about 375/400 km to tank. Can't wait to see a 2007.

Transmission problems
By lifethenwork on 01/05/06 22:34 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Ever since I purchased my Toyota, I have had problems with the transmission wanting to downshift when going down a hill, and also not wanting to shift up when accelerating on the highway. The front dashboard has begun to pop up little air bubbles underneath the layer of vinyl covering it.

My Camry
By Daisysowner on 01/01/06 18:56 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have had such good experiences with the Camrys I have owned. I decided to buy a brand new Camry and I must say I love it! It's bigger inside and very comfortable! I bought the V6 and this Camry has power! I love my Camry! It's very easy to drive and when I need the power its there! Can`t go wrong with a Toyota!

Very nice car
By derek on 12/30/05 01:14 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Very smooth ride. Lots of leg room. Very comfy seats. All handles are easy to reach. Very quite all the way around. Good fuel economy also.

Fuel Economy Disappoints
By cwa on 12/19/05 17:09 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This model is up to Toyota's standards in build quality and reliability, but it suffers in comparison with my '98 Camry 4 (and my wife's former '97) in two respects. The engine is louder under acceleration, producing a very audible roar, and the fuel economy is less. The '97 and '98, EPA rated at 23/30, achieved 22/31. The '05, EPA rated 24/34, is getting 20/30 at best. If it weren't for the clearly inflated EPA rating, my disappointment would be less. Additionally, the dashboard display of avg mpg is consistently 5-6 mpg too high. If it says 36, I'm getting 30; if it says 24, I'm getting 19. Makes me think I'm getting EPA mileage when I'm not. How convenient for Toyota!