2005 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
TOO ROUGH
By Holden on 05/03/06 07:48 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

For a front wheel drive car the handling is great and the 4 is peppy, quiet and very fuel efficient even with the old 4 speeed auto. BUT - I have driven all kinds of handling tuned cars in my life both personally owned and in my career in law enforcement and I can say without hesitation that the SE rides entirely too rough for its level of handling.The firm seats offer no help either. It is as bad as my Jeep and will soon lead to a trade as my wife is sick of it. Maybe a new V6 LE if the ride is better. If not, an Avalon. I can give up some handling to save my back.

3rd Camry, 1st New one!
By Melinda on 04/27/06 23:18 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I am totally pleased with the performance of this, my 3rd Camry. It's very smooth, very quiet, no squeeks. Has more than enough power entering freeways. Visibility is great, though I always add those little square mirrors on both side mirrors, on every car I have for extra safety. The car handles very well, It's simple to drive with intuitive controls. The premium sound CD player is very good. I''m not in love with the 'looks' of it, I DO know how dependable these cars tend to be, and I DO love that! My husband wanted a 6cyl. 4 would have done it for me. I've had both. 1/3 less mpg. with the 6cyl. 4r's are good and safe, peppy enough. These days it matters more mpg = $$$.

The best family car so far
By Tomek on 04/14/06 08:24 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

After my last car broke down, I was looking for reliable car I won't have to worry about. Toyota was the answer. Minimal maintnance (all you have to do is change oil and rotate tires - other items are very rare). It also has surprisingly large trunk - travel play pen, double stroller and still room for bags

XLE
By grande on 02/19/06 11:58 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I think that this car is really good & cool...It has many great features such as, rear sensors (4 pcs), multi information display screen, 6 CD changer, tape, auto seats with leather, power windows, bluetooth & more

Great car but not very reliable
By H Hoang on 01/26/06 17:51 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Camry Standard 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I owned the Camry for almost 2 years now. This car rides very smooth and comfort, good gas mileage. Steering feels very unstable on windy day, highway only. My only concern is power steer broke at 30K miles, whole rack and pinion system replaced. I am very suprised, this seems to be very early for Toyota car. Manufacture covered the cost, around $900. Other than this problem, I think Camry is a good car for family.

My Camry
By JJ on 01/14/06 09:38 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Totally satisfied with entire vehicle. No complaints. Extremely impressed with handling, comfort, gas mileage, and sound system.

Thanks toyota
By paul on 01/07/06 20:18 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Camry Standard 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I really enjoy the car, dependable stylish, roomy, good ride. Could use more power. I find car quite hard on fuel about town, about 375/400 km to tank. Can't wait to see a 2007.

Transmission problems
By lifethenwork on 01/05/06 22:34 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Ever since I purchased my Toyota, I have had problems with the transmission wanting to downshift when going down a hill, and also not wanting to shift up when accelerating on the highway. The front dashboard has begun to pop up little air bubbles underneath the layer of vinyl covering it.

My Camry
By Daisysowner on 01/01/06 18:56 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have had such good experiences with the Camrys I have owned. I decided to buy a brand new Camry and I must say I love it! It's bigger inside and very comfortable! I bought the V6 and this Camry has power! I love my Camry! It's very easy to drive and when I need the power its there! Can`t go wrong with a Toyota!

Very nice car
By derek on 12/30/05 01:14 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Very smooth ride. Lots of leg room. Very comfy seats. All handles are easy to reach. Very quite all the way around. Good fuel economy also.