Used 2005 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

A Good Option
By Baudilio C

2005 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned this car for almost two years now, and so far no problems. I am getting from 29-31 mpg when I drive it more than 90% of the time on the highway. The car is very spacious inside and the radio system sounds pretty good actually. I have the A/C on the minimum all the time and I live in Miami; that's how cold it is. Right now my Camry has 50K miles.

Cold A/C. Spacious interior.

The motor splash protector need to be build to last longer.

Solid Vehicle
By Mike

2005 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this vehicle new. Has easily been the most reliable vehicle I've ever owned with no dealer visits at all. At 73K miles (averaging 19K/year) all I have needed to do is change the tires once and oil regularly. Extremely unexpectedly, haven't even changed the brakes (although I'm close, measured depth was around 55-60% remaining as of a month ago). I log every gallon of gas by the current mileage. On full synthetic oil I'm getting 27 daily to/from work ("leadfooted" - not granny drivin' on V4) but only 33 on pure Hwy at 80mph. Had exactly one defect - manufacturing defect for rear speaker covers - they crumbled after about 3 years.

Steering column radio controls. Full size spare tire.

Jack mounting points (middle front/middle back) hard to reach - makes sense if you don't want feet sticking in traffic.

No American Car comes close to the Camry
By EJG

2005 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have driven many cars in my time. Saturn L-2000, Honda Accord 1994, Pontiac Sunfire 1996, Buick Century 1988 and 1998, Buick Lucerne, Dodge Charger (recent) and many others. Besides the Honda Accord, no other car listed comes near the Camry. I have had this car for 70k now, and nothing besides the tires have been replaced, not even the brakes. If you want a car that starts up every day, is safe, comfortable, and is refined, buy a Camry.

Quality, safety, refinement, looks, seating, fuel economy.

Steering wheel adjustments, better paint perhaps. Nothing else needed.

Nice Car
By Nice Car

2005 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The thing I like most about this vehicle is it has power of a V6 with a 4 cyc. engine. The back seats leave something to be desired with two growing teenagers, but other than that, this vehicle is an A+

All stereo controls, a/c, odometer are easy to read and locate

My radio recently went out. I purchased it used, but now I have to replace the radio. Nothing else, everything is great.

05 Camry XLE 4 CYL
By starlakebeer

2005 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased this car new in 2005 w/all the bells and whistles avail at that time. It has been a wonderful car and handles well in all environments. It has carried us over Cascade Mountain passes with deep snow and safely across the deserts of Nevada, California and Arizona in the summer. The fastest I have ever driven the car is 95. From 65 to 95 stability seemed to improve. Solid and predictable. It handles corners extremely well, generally 15/20 mph over posted limits. Perhaps the tires help. They are Bridgestone V rated. Very comfortable on long 8-10 hrs driving days. Not as quiet as I would like but!! Will probably buy Toyota again.

Mileage, cabin layout, driveability. Is excellent in curvy mountain environment. Lots of power for the long open freeways. Power seats & leather are very comfortable.

A touch more attention to reducing noise from engine compartment and (depending on type of tires) road.