2005 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
By Cary on 11/10/06 08:20 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my car for two years and 30,000 miles. Not one complaint. Rides like a champ, roomy, big trunk. My prior vehicles were small pickups so I am not a nit picky person when it comes to performance. I am amazed that this car is so smooth and silent. Not a single squeak or anything. I have changed the oil every 5000 miles as recommended and rotated the tires. Follow the owner's guide for your type of driving conditions.

Excellent
By Steve on 09/24/06 11:17 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased our Camry about 9 months ago, and haven't looked back since. This is our first toyota and certanly won't be our last. Since owner ship we've put 50000km's on the car and it hasent given us 10 minutes trouble. The car rides beautifully and has no problem crusing at 90mph all day. The trunk is roomy, back seat has huge amounts of leg room. The city mileage is not as great as we expected, but highway mileage far exceded the manufacturers #'s. The power of the 4cyl is right on par with other manufacturers. I would highly recomend this vechicle to anybody that want's a reliable, comfortable and roomy family sedan.

2005 Is Refined above 04,03,02
By Dealer on 09/12/06 09:29 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned a 05,04, and 02 Camry LE 4cycl. I am a Honda Accord fan, owned may Accords , some to 220k mi, so am not being bias to the Camry. But Toyota ha s built a great car! The 05 ha s anti lock breaks and the sponginess' of the front breaks have been tweaked in 05, this is a common compliant from myself, friends and other reviewers. Yet in 05 they have tuned up the suspension to compensate for the soft rid e to the braking. My favorite car to date is a 1997 Lexus Es 300, I must say that the 05 Camry has many similarities, soaks up bumps, rattle free and decent real world handling between soft ride and decent handling. This car is GREAT on mileage , 22-24 city 30-38 hwy

Camry slips in quality
By John Youngt on 08/26/06 10:52 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

We chose Camry because of reliability. I wish now I had not. Our 05 Camry has a problem knowing when to shift (either up or down). The dealership indicates the new electronic transmission is known for this problem and apparently Toyota does not have an answer. The hesitation in shifting is troublesome and will probably get worse with age. In addition to the transmission the Camry has very soft braking, another acknowledged defect by the dealer but one for which they have no cure. So beware!

Transmission Problems
By JC @ Franklin, Tn on 08/21/06 18:45 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The 5-speed transmission on the V6 is dangerous. When you pull into from traffic and accelerate there is too long a lag time before the car begins to move and then it takes too long to get up to speed. The transmission kickdown to pass can take 1.5 to 2 secs before it kicks in. Almost had a wreck because of it.

Transmission is not good.
By Louis on 07/26/06 12:10 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The transmission slips. Overall it is a good value car.

My first Toyota
By E.D on 06/21/06 18:44 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2005 LE Camry about 3 months ago and so far no problems. This is a roomy and comfortable car. It's also pretty smooth compared to my other car. I've only noticed some slight hesitation when I try to accelerate quickly. This is a reliable, practical, comfortable and roomy car.

Sportrac to a Camry
By SW on 06/01/06 13:00 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Went from a Sportrac to the Camry when gas first went through the roof. Mileage is not as good as advertised, but better than the sportrac. Wish the Lumbar support would get a little more full. This car is great to drive and is comfortable for the most part. Trunk is huge and expands when you lay the back seats down. Stereo system is awesome. Saw some 07 models over the weekend and they are even better looking. I'm sure I'll stick with Toyota, probably even the Camry.

So far, so good
By Surfdog on 05/17/06 23:31 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my Camry SE (4 cyl.) for almost two years, and have put a lot of miles on it. Absolutely no problems with it. I had always known the Toyota Camry to be a very dependable car. I had always thought it to be an ordinary, "family"-looking sedan though. When I saw the 2005 though my opinion changed. It seemed to have a sleeker presence to it. Since adding my new surfboard rack and front-end bra to the car, I have friends commenting on how sporty it looks. Have to admit, the new 2007 Camry is an awesome, very stylish car. I will likely make that my next car. Until then though, very happy with the 2005. I'm sold on Toyota. The car, the dealer, the company, the service.

My daily driver.
By David Hicks on 05/11/06 22:48 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my fifth Toyota (third camry) that I have owned. This car has been very good without any problems except the factory audio system. The am/fm radio is very poor in quality, the windshield antenna does not pull in very many am or fm stations. The XM Satellite radio performs very poorly, the stations fade in and out because of the poorly designed and mount position of the XM antenna. The LCD display is a very dim green and almost unreadable during daylight conditions. The engine and five speed automatic transmission performs very good. Very comfortable ride and good fuel economy, 24 mpg around town 29 mpg on the road. I will buy another Camry, 2007 SE V6.