Used 2005 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Best Value
By boda

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Needed a full size famly sedan for under $30,000 with a good reputation and value for the money. Toyota was my first choice, Honda was 2nd after test drove the Toyota I was sold, my wife wanted a moon roof leather int and my son wanted a V-6 engine, so I purchased the Toyota Camry XLE V-6 color super white very happy with the XLE V-6 the car drives like a dream, after getting all the options that the XLE V-6 offers I don't know how we lived without them. I added window tint that helps with night driving and factory mud flaps. We love this car!

Everything.

Darker tint on windows, telescoping steering wheel larger side mirrors.

A good reliable car
By FRANKLIN VAZQUEZ

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Solid performance, no problems of any kind, just what you expect from a good quality car company.

The handling on the road.

A little more room in the back seats.

LOVE my Camry
By Angela Walters

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I LOVE the Camry. I purchased my second Camry in Dec of 2004. I had a 1996 Camry and traded it in for a 2005. And if you have not noticed the Camry is basicly the exact same car as the Lexus GS300 with minor changes (of course with comparable options). Just can not say enough about the Camry. It is definetly worth the money and more. To me there is no reason to even buy the V6. The 4 cylinder Camry performs great. Just love it love it love it.

Auto lights, sun roof, sun shade in rear view mirror, mesh net in truck to hold items in place, trunk car mat, 6 disc changer, radio wheel controls.

DYING to see a new body style!!!

One month review
By Susan

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan SE V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I love my new Camry. I thought I would miss my Pathfinder, but the Camry is so much fun to drive. It drives like a sports car, but looks like a sedan. It is a very solid car and the pick up is just great. It is very roomy and the trunk is huge ( a Sopranos trunk, three bodies). I was choosing between an Altima and the Camry and I know I made the better choice. The Camry has a much better, higher quality look and feel. I have been getting 24 mpg so far.

Radio controls on the steering wheel, and the stereo is great. Can't live without that now. Saftey features, nice to feel so protected.

I was hoping for a little better gas milage, but I'll trade in mpg for safety. I live in Phoenix, you are going to get hit sometime.

this is my third toyota car
By Mouse2005

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan SE V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I buy a car for best value and reliablity. In May 2005, I bought the SE V6 to experience same value and reliabilty as my 95 camry 04 forerunner. As mentioned by other reviewers I experienced a pause/hesitation when the car shifted from 1st to 2nd gear while pressing the gas pedal harder I was trying to feel a strong acceleration . I have 300 miles now and am no longer experience the hesitation/pause during gear shifts. I thought this may be caused by safety design linked to the braking system. I read on other review that this is a 'drive by wire' technology, so it may be controling something to make the car safer to passenger and driver. I still have to break in my car.

Sport looks, sun shade in rear window, 17 inch alloy wheels, 3.3 liter, moon roof, 6 disc cd player, leather seats, high clearance above ground for better visibility. 4 disc brakes, very sensitive and strong.

Telescopic steering wheels. I like the mileage calculator / trip calculator incorporated.

• SUV