Used 2005 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

One month review
By Susan

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan SE V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I love my new Camry. I thought I would miss my Pathfinder, but the Camry is so much fun to drive. It drives like a sports car, but looks like a sedan. It is a very solid car and the pick up is just great. It is very roomy and the trunk is huge ( a Sopranos trunk, three bodies). I was choosing between an Altima and the Camry and I know I made the better choice. The Camry has a much better, higher quality look and feel. I have been getting 24 mpg so far.

Radio controls on the steering wheel, and the stereo is great. Can't live without that now. Saftey features, nice to feel so protected.

I was hoping for a little better gas milage, but I'll trade in mpg for safety. I live in Phoenix, you are going to get hit sometime.

this is my third toyota car
By Mouse2005

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan SE V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I buy a car for best value and reliablity. In May 2005, I bought the SE V6 to experience same value and reliabilty as my 95 camry 04 forerunner. As mentioned by other reviewers I experienced a pause/hesitation when the car shifted from 1st to 2nd gear while pressing the gas pedal harder I was trying to feel a strong acceleration . I have 300 miles now and am no longer experience the hesitation/pause during gear shifts. I thought this may be caused by safety design linked to the braking system. I read on other review that this is a 'drive by wire' technology, so it may be controling something to make the car safer to passenger and driver. I still have to break in my car.

Sport looks, sun shade in rear window, 17 inch alloy wheels, 3.3 liter, moon roof, 6 disc cd player, leather seats, high clearance above ground for better visibility. 4 disc brakes, very sensitive and strong.

Telescopic steering wheels. I like the mileage calculator / trip calculator incorporated.

Not the best choice for everyone
By Mike

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Overall a solid car with a few shortcomings and no personality. Feels designed for the masses not an individual person. The front seat bottoms are too short and flat for taller people. The brakes are weak- dealer told me I'm at 50% front and back after 6 months. I never did understand the option packages in order to get disc brakes w/o a $3000+ option package. Car feels and looks big and bulky. Dealership was dirty and sales staff sleazy. I feel like a schmuck for putting up with the dealer and actually buying a car from them. We bought a Toyota because everyone said it was great. It is a good car but not for everyone.

Engine and fuel economy are great. Good passenger room. Resale value is a plus. Nice ride without being floaty.

Toyota should put disc brakes at all 4 wheels, and upgrade the size of the brakes. Seat bottoms are too short and flat. I see myself coming and going on the road. Trim packages are a joke and impossible to get what you really want.

Glad I Got 3.3
By Great Car

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan SE V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is a great car for the money, Feul economy for the size and power of engine is great. If you want to speed take out of overdrive and the shifting is great, I avg. 26 + mpg. A/C is quiet and car rides great Im glad I got this car Its sporty and fun to drive and very powerfull and fast. I feel safe and have plenty of room and trunk is large with folding seats. I got a great deal and very happy.

All of car quiet, A/C, rims, seats, color, price, mpg for 3.3 so far 26+ with a/c on and cruising at 85 90 mph. Styling & value.

heated seats and mirrors, remote start,

Very nice car for the money!
By jim

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

If you are looking for a quality built vehicle with an awesome ride - this is it. Even with the 4 cyl, this Camry is fun to drive with an impressive ride and great gas mileage. Highly recommended !!

Sunroof, radio controls on the steering wheel and auto dimming rear veiw mirrow with compass

None