Used 2005 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews - 323 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Camry: Great Commuter car for LA
By Cindy

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Great dependability for 110 miles a day and more in LA traffic. I now have a car I can count on getting me to work and home every day. It has never misbehaved.

Good fuel economy with the outrageous gas prices in LA. Comfortable and roomy enough for 4 adults carpooling. Love the automatic seat adjustments, in dash CD player, cup holders large enough to really hold something, and great visibiity.

Front seats should be deeper to provide full leg support. It would make it more comfortable on long rides. Seats stop about halfway under my thighs and I am only 5 feet 5 inches tall. Drivers with longer legs will be more uncomfortable.

Great... again!
By Our 5th Camry

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is our 5th Camry. Our first Camry was an '89. It's still in the family as I gave it to my 72 yo Mom about 8 years ago. We had 2 - '94s (mine and my wife's). We replaced my '94 with the '02 Camry 3 years ago (running great), and just 3 months ago we replace my wife's '94 with the '05 Camry. Having driven my '02 Camry for 3 years, I was surprised by the even smoother ride of the 05 Camry. ABS brakes are now standard & we opted for the side-impact-air-bag option so we feel safer.

The new 5 speed auto-xmission gives better pickup without sacrificing the excellent mileage. I really like the radio controls on the steering wheel. The new grille design is nice too.

Still not enough thigh support for the driver's seat. Seat too short for 6 footers. The emergency brake handle is a little too close to driver (hits leg when driving with cruise on).

Death of the American Sedan
By Ed

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I was a loyal Ford/Mercury sedan buyer, until I walked into the Toyota dealership. I've always heard about the quality of the Camrys, but once I test drove the car, I was hooked. The ride far surpassed anything I had been previously driving. Surprisingly, the 4-cylinder engine is peppy and I don't miss the 6-cylinder Sable that I had. The fit and finish is also exceptional. I'd like to believe that American sedans will improve to the level of Toyota and Honda, but after driving my new Camry, it seems like the U.S. is light years behind. The new styling is great as well and you sit higher, with a more commanding view of the road. A great car for a reasonable price, well worth the investment.

The sports package; which includes the eight speaker JBL stereo, fog lamps and the rear spoiler. I also recommend the sunroof, once you have one, you'll wonder why you ever went without one. That's a "must have" option for me.

I'd like to see side-curtain airbags and traction control standard on all Camry models. In terms of general safety, those options shouldn't be "options" moving forward.

My Camry
By David

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my Toyota XLE V6, five speed automatic January, 2005 and have been very satisfied with the car. The car is very responsive and the fuel mileage has averaged twenty four MPG around town and thirty one MPG on the highway. Toyota should improve the quality of the AM-FM/CD Receivers and speakers in the car. I have the JBL without the Nav package. The radio has very poor reception and the speakers aren't very good in reproducing a quality sound. The radio and the automatic heater digital readout are a very dim green color and are hard to see in the bright sunlight. Please change to Blue color. Overall I will certainly buy another Toyota again.

Five speed auto, very bright headlights, vey smooth quiet ride.

HID headlights, Laser cruise control, Bluetooth compatibility and improved lighting on the radio and illuminated contols. A little improvement in horsepower and torque and dual exhaust.

My Toyota Camry
By cinnamonbay84

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan Standard 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love my new car, it is very spacious inside and considering I can't handle small spaces it is wonderful.

My favorite feature is the little compartment under the radio. (that is where I keep my CDs)

I think Toyota needs to come up with a first time buyers plan, I am 19 yrs old, and bought a Camry. You all could help out first time buyers, the cars are GREAT!