2005 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Engineer
By upkar on 10/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Camry XLE is fully loaded luxery mid size car.

The best car for the mones
By jasp4u2 on 10/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I think at times I am driving a car that costs twice the price...it has the looks and feel of a European Sedan at half the cost

Love it
By Robert Murray on 10/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I'm very happy with my Camry

Power when needed not there
By Jack Seltzer on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan SE V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

In general I like the car very much, this being the first Toyota and first foreign car I've owned. However, in situations where power is needed (e.g., pulling out of the right hand lane on a highway, hitting the accelerator to move into the left lane because cars are moving up in this lane, power is lacking. There is a big lag between when the accelerator is pressed and the car actually does accelerate. Toyota has advised it takes some getting used to (i.e., as compared to my previous cars which were Pontiacs).

my Camry
By DKARRIOLA on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Even with a bad back (surgery), I find the Camry very comfortable. I recently drove 2500 miles from PHX to VA. I ran into the storms of hurricane Ivan. The Camry handled exceptionally well on wet roads. The only thing I find a problem is how the defrosters handle moisture. I am temporarily located in a very damp climate. No combination of defrost, air conditioning (which is supposed to take moisture out) or temperature controls seems to solve the problem entirely. The front windshield continues to "steam up" in spots. Especially in the lower middle. Overall it is a great car. Controls are well laid out for easy access by the driver with minimal reaching or taking eyes off the road.

I love it
By reallynervous on 10/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan Standard 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I love the ride and the 2.4L V4 engine is decent. The standard equipment is great and it is very comfortable. The steering feels great and reponse is good. The lines are clean and it has a very aerodynamic look. I can't get over the awesome gas mileage. I am very happy with the car.

I like 2005 Camry SE
By jcai on 10/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Just ride it for about a week. Tried 2004 SE, found its suspension to be too stiff and harsh. 2005 SE is tuned just right--Harder than LE but less harsh than SE 2004. Handling is just right, better than my Infiniti I30. 4-cyn performance is OK for local commute but weak for passing on freeway.

lovin it
By ladie on 10/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Reliable smooth ride, extremely comfortable for long drives(particular compared to accords) Dont like position of ea radio control button..tend to get in way. Be sure to have lights in visor's mirror! excellent acceleration for a 4cyl

Doesn't seem like a
By Slappy on 10/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan SE V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

When people see it they say, "THAT'S a CAMRY?!?" It looks too good. 17" wheels, Driving Lights, Premium Pkg.

camry
By Belinda on 10/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

It is nice and soft, but it should be bigger in the inside. It is not for tall people