Used 2005 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Great Car for Awesome Price
By Julia

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2005 Camry SE and I love it. It has a definite sporty suspension and is very fun to drive. I am getting great gas mileage and the sunroof and 6 CD disc changer is great. Plus the manual transmission makes it even more fun.

Sunroof and sporty transmission

None so far

What more could you ask for?
By Rick

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This car is awesome. Sharp looking, this car can go to the Country Club or the Country Store and never be out-of- place. Features are plush but functional. Good quality leather, good fit for trim, and very little road noise. Traded a "Big Iron" T-Bird and was afraid the Camry would be a step down. While not as quick as the big V- 8, this car should get as good as, or better than, raitings for style, comfort, and handeling.

Lots of nice, yet functional, "extras". Storage, 12v ports, "read-outs", vents etc are both functional and classy. The XLE standard items put this car in the "high end" class that others would nickle and dime you to death. Full spare, big trunk and good head room are a plus.

An inch or two of additional leg room for the driver would make this car perfect for me (6'0" tall)

Camry: Great Commuter car for LA
By Cindy

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Great dependability for 110 miles a day and more in LA traffic. I now have a car I can count on getting me to work and home every day. It has never misbehaved.

Good fuel economy with the outrageous gas prices in LA. Comfortable and roomy enough for 4 adults carpooling. Love the automatic seat adjustments, in dash CD player, cup holders large enough to really hold something, and great visibiity.

Front seats should be deeper to provide full leg support. It would make it more comfortable on long rides. Seats stop about halfway under my thighs and I am only 5 feet 5 inches tall. Drivers with longer legs will be more uncomfortable.

Great... again!
By Our 5th Camry

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is our 5th Camry. Our first Camry was an '89. It's still in the family as I gave it to my 72 yo Mom about 8 years ago. We had 2 - '94s (mine and my wife's). We replaced my '94 with the '02 Camry 3 years ago (running great), and just 3 months ago we replace my wife's '94 with the '05 Camry. Having driven my '02 Camry for 3 years, I was surprised by the even smoother ride of the 05 Camry. ABS brakes are now standard & we opted for the side-impact-air-bag option so we feel safer.

The new 5 speed auto-xmission gives better pickup without sacrificing the excellent mileage. I really like the radio controls on the steering wheel. The new grille design is nice too.

Still not enough thigh support for the driver's seat. Seat too short for 6 footers. The emergency brake handle is a little too close to driver (hits leg when driving with cruise on).

Death of the American Sedan
By Ed

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I was a loyal Ford/Mercury sedan buyer, until I walked into the Toyota dealership. I've always heard about the quality of the Camrys, but once I test drove the car, I was hooked. The ride far surpassed anything I had been previously driving. Surprisingly, the 4-cylinder engine is peppy and I don't miss the 6-cylinder Sable that I had. The fit and finish is also exceptional. I'd like to believe that American sedans will improve to the level of Toyota and Honda, but after driving my new Camry, it seems like the U.S. is light years behind. The new styling is great as well and you sit higher, with a more commanding view of the road. A great car for a reasonable price, well worth the investment.

The sports package; which includes the eight speaker JBL stereo, fog lamps and the rear spoiler. I also recommend the sunroof, once you have one, you'll wonder why you ever went without one. That's a "must have" option for me.

I'd like to see side-curtain airbags and traction control standard on all Camry models. In terms of general safety, those options shouldn't be "options" moving forward.