Used 2005 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Most Helpful|
Excellent
By Steve

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased our Camry about 9 months ago, and haven't looked back since. This is our first toyota and certanly won't be our last. Since owner ship we've put 50000km's on the car and it hasent given us 10 minutes trouble. The car rides beautifully and has no problem crusing at 90mph all day. The trunk is roomy, back seat has huge amounts of leg room. The city mileage is not as great as we expected, but highway mileage far exceded the manufacturers #'s. The power of the 4cyl is right on par with other manufacturers. I would highly recomend this vechicle to anybody that want's a reliable, comfortable and roomy family sedan.

Favorite Features

Leg room, Comfortable ride, great highway mileage, roomy trunk.

Suggested Improvements

Sportier handeling, little bit more low end power.

Great Car
By cpossenti

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Wonderful car on highway or back roads. 18 Gal tank gives you less stopping time on trips. Comfort and reliability.

Favorite Features

computer for gas mileage and trip data. electric seats very adjustable and comfortable for tall as well as short people. Passenger seat also adjusts electrically. Locks automatically when gear is engaged. Great trunk space. Love all the little cubby holes.

Suggested Improvements

Trunk lock out is great but there should be an unlock device (keyed) within the car on the back seats. It is not very convenient to crawl into the trunk to unlock the back seats. Cannot reach from outside the car. Would like a place for a woman to put a handbag (within reach of the driver).

Good car, but
By Umka

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second Camry. The first one Camry 1996 was much better. Seems Toyota lost quality. Disappointed with my purchase. I chose Camry because of reliability, but things like bad shifting in low gears, poor acceleration, hesitation when starting from full stop makes me unhappy.....Get 25 MPG average

Favorite Features

Large trunk, large interior space, good passenger room....

Love my camry
By JB

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan Standard 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have been a honda owner for 20 years but purchased this Camry new in 2004 due to price, features and Toyota's reputation with manufacturing quality automobiles. I have not been disappointed. This is an excellent car. It handles well in all types of weather. It is comfortable and reliable. I didn't expect to have to do anything to this car other than other than routine maintenance and oil changes and it has not let me down. The only thing I would change if I could buy the option to apply clear coat paint protection when new. My car is deep blue and as always, people love to bang their doors into a new looking car, creating door dings that the door guard doesn't always catch.

Favorite Features

Sturdy build, reliability, beautiful paint, good gas mileage. I have driven this in some severe weather and it always handles beautifully.

Suggested Improvements

Offer standard transmission to increase gas mileage (I love driving a standard). Make the snow guard more durable (I accidentally hit a raccoon at night and it ripped the guard),

Can't Miss
By drivingforward

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've owned two Camrys and this 2005 has been great to me as was my 1995 model. I have had it seven years and really haven't had any problems with it. Standard maintenance etc. I currently have a little over 101K miles on it and I'm sure I could drive it another 7 years if I choose to. It has always gotten good gas mileage for it's size vehicle and is a 4 cylinder. The pick up has always been good and a nice comfortable drive. Amazing space in the trunk. As a musician I haul around a PA systems and guitars and such. I always seem to be able to fit what I need. All around it has been a great vehicle.

Favorite Features

Automatic Lights!