2005 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
check engine light
By Brad on 12/08/04 20:16 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Camry Standard 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The check engine light goes on and the dealer and Toyota can not tell me why. The car has 475 miles on it. I also own a 1999 Toyota Camry and that light went on at about 52,000 miles and they fix something and or reset the light and its back on. The car runs find but if something is wrong with the engine I will not know

Got it right the second time
By MP on 12/07/04 01:34 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Okay so like most people my wife and I drove the two top contenders for the mid size cars. The Accord LX and the Camry LE. Although we liked both cars a lot we went with the recommendations of all the trade mags and bought the Honda Accord. After a month we both agreed that the Accord was no comparision to the Toyota's quite and more comfortable ride. Were not all that old but I don't understand how anyone can like the rock hard sharp edged Accord seats. There terrible! Other than that and being a little noisier than the Camry it's a fine car but really not nearly as comfortable ride as the Camry. We traded in the Honda after a month and have had the Camry for two months and are very Happy.

Quantum Leap
By SoGood on 12/03/04 20:47 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

From a 1997 Ford Taurus to a 2005 Camry. Well what can I say. We are not looking back. Just a rock solid car with a well thought out design. Matches or beats all the big three and has great resale value.

05 Camry XLE
By frank collins on 12/03/04 16:35 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The only thing I dislike about the new Camry is the driver/passenger seats are not near as comfortable as was in my 02 Toyota Avalon. I had the drivers seat re-padded with much softer foam and it made the comfort level go up over 50%.

Nice car for the money
By loski09 on 12/01/04 21:31 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We now have 2500 mi. on the vehicle. Considering it has 4 cyl., performance is more than adequate. It is comfortable to ride in. Ours has leather, heated seats, power both sides, side curtain air bags and vehicle stbility control. Radio is good but mode control on steering wheel is easy to hit when driving (relocating on wheel would help). Fuel economy is not as good as it should be, hope it gets better with more miles on engine. Info Center (Avg. Mpg.) is "goofy", shows 7+ mpg. more than actual mpg. Not "fun" to drive, but handling, in-out design very good,quality and reliability is a "given" for Toyota. Tried Accord, Maxima and Altima. Camry XLE is the choice for me.

I Love My '05 Cam
By Philly2k on 12/01/04 20:22 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I recently traded my 97 Infiniti J30 for an 05 Camry. I was honestly expecting there to be a dramatic transition, but the Camry is great. The Camry LE had most of the features my Infiniti had (less of course leather, moonroof seatheaters V6). However the benifits of the Camry far outweigh them. The manual transmission was enough to pacify my desire for raw power. Not to mention the Camry rides better and quieter than my Infiniti did. Don't get me wrong the J30 was 7 years old with 140,000 miles, but it had a good ride too. When my lease is up I'm definitely getting a maxxed out Camry SE next time.

nice car
By joe parrino on 11/30/04 18:48 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Vehicle handled well on trip of 1400 miles. Comfortable seating with an excellent lumbar support. White is an excellent color for driving in the south. It stays a little cooler than other colors. Convenient controls,radio sound, cruise control, lights, wipers help in driving. Good trunk space for baggage and plenty of small places for soring items in drivers compartment.

Horrible mistake
By aetherial on 11/14/04 09:46 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Camry SE V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Looking at trading it in after 2000 miles. This is a VERY disappointing car. The seats are horrible even with power adjustments I cannot get comfortable. The gas mileage is nowhere near what was stated. The transmission lag in dropping down is annoying. This is the worst car I have ever owned.

Former Celica owner buys Camry
By lscott on 11/13/04 10:49 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Camry SE V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I miss the style of my pre 1995 Celicas and the way they hold the road. But, the new Camry is quiet, powerful, has all the bells and whistles (a bit too many of them...so security conscious it is too easy to lock oneself out!). The styling is dull, the colors available are boring but we expect the usual Toyota reliability and quality of our previous 5 cars. Only have 1200 miles on it so far; time will tell, but very very pleased so far.

excellent car
By cutedh on 11/12/04 00:03 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This car is a true beauty. Had it for little over a month and it's so smooth and luxurious. My neighbors are jealous. Love the leather interior and the simulated wood....makes it look so refined and expensive.