Used 2005 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Love this car
By hammond2

2005 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've had my 2005 Camry LE since 2004 and I absolutely love it. It has over 160,000 km on it and apart from brakes, tires and oil changes, I have not spent a penny for other repairs. I drive to Florida and back every year and I really push it. This 4 cyl. is very performing and very, very reliable. I even pull by bass boat all summer long!!! My wife loves it too. No rattles, no rust, no problems!!!! What a car!!!

Poor Build Quality
By schweizer

2005 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought my Camry new and now have just over 70k miles on it. Has been religiously serviced and pampered. Issues with paint. Chips easy, rusts easy(in spots where there is no chips). Leaks through the driver side air bag when washed. Cars interior is noisy. Sounds like a ball bearing is rolling through the dash. On the passenger side it sounds as if the engine isn't even shielded and we get an airy high pitch noise coming into the cabin. Dash rattles in places. No thigh support in the seats. Have replaced several bulbs, front, rear lights etc. Dash control lights are out on a couple(I've heard of other complaints about this). All issues came about within the first couple of years.

Can't Miss
By drivingforward

2005 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've owned two Camrys and this 2005 has been great to me as was my 1995 model. I have had it seven years and really haven't had any problems with it. Standard maintenance etc. I currently have a little over 101K miles on it and I'm sure I could drive it another 7 years if I choose to. It has always gotten good gas mileage for it's size vehicle and is a 4 cylinder. The pick up has always been good and a nice comfortable drive. Amazing space in the trunk. As a musician I haul around a PA systems and guitars and such. I always seem to be able to fit what I need. All around it has been a great vehicle.

Automatic Lights!

White smoke problem
By kumgock

2005 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought 2002 Camry LE, but sold it soon because the car exhausting big amount of white smoke when start engine every morning. I bought 2005 Camry, just only 73,000 miles. This car happen same problem, exhausting big amount of white smoke when I start engine every morning, So I asked to my friend who has a same model about this matter. He said his car same problem. I,m so disppointed about Toyota engine 2.4. I was report this matter to Toyota customer care, they rejected my asking to repair free of charge, because my care passed warranty, I think this is recall problem, not warranty due to every same model have a same problem. I asked a mechanics, they said it might engine oil leaking in en

Most decent car bough longest car kept
By voau

2005 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bough new in 2006 and now 55K miles. Also bough 2006 Civic in same year. The camry is a champ in performance for 4-cyl car itCaccelerates aceptionally I have confidence passing cars on a 2-lane road. Miles-per-gallon is second to none in term of distance over weight is related, even the Civic is very good, especially in resale so I sold it and bough an Acura MDX yesterday. Anyway, Camry is a very rightous car to own! I like it's appearance too. oh no thanks, not with the spoiler!

Good acceleration on 4-cyl, yet very economical. Easy handling and smooth ride, no blind spot. Good passenger leg room, decent cargo space.

Toyota could have considered license plate holder built on for front bumper, bigger wheels/tires (my 2006 Civic came with 16" standard)