2005 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
100K and going strong
By mjlk on 11/16/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Camry Standard 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I just hit 100,000 miles this week and this car has given me the most trouble free 100,000 of any vehicle I have owned in 30+ year of driving. not the most exciting car I've owned but highly recommend one if you are looking for a used car.

Camry #1 How many years in a row?
By Thomas on 09/07/10 22:46 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is the 3rd Toyota Camry I've owned and they have all been purchased USED. I buy them with 30,000 miles or less and drive them for (no less than 4 years)and an additional 150,000 miles until trade in. Total annual cost (average) to own the vehicle? $2910 including tax, title and maintenance. When my current Camry is paid off in 2 months the annual cost to own my Camry will drop to $419. And I'll ride that out for 2 more years. Not a bad annual cost to ride a fully loaded Camry V6 XLE loaded to the gills. Since 1997? Why would I drive ANYTHING else. Seriously!

Like, but not Love, my XLE
By Josh on 08/26/10 08:01 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Very quiet, comfortable car. Toyota's auto-climate system is the best. It always knows exactly what to do. Very reliable, never had any problems with it. I don't especially love the car's handling because my former car was a Passat, but the Camry is an excellent car overall. The front end seems a little heavy for a 4cyl, which makes it lean more than it should in curves/corners. It does a good job of reminding me it's not a sports sedan. The seats are extremely comfortable for long trips. Get a spoiler..it really dresses the car up.

Love my camry
By JB on 08/01/10 20:33 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Standard 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have been a honda owner for 20 years but purchased this Camry new in 2004 due to price, features and Toyota's reputation with manufacturing quality automobiles. I have not been disappointed. This is an excellent car. It handles well in all types of weather. It is comfortable and reliable. I didn't expect to have to do anything to this car other than other than routine maintenance and oil changes and it has not let me down. The only thing I would change if I could buy the option to apply clear coat paint protection when new. My car is deep blue and as always, people love to bang their doors into a new looking car, creating door dings that the door guard doesn't always catch.

More than happy with my first Camry
By B. Forrester on 07/01/10 05:40 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I formerly drove a Nissan Maxima which I purchased used. Loved the car, but it had occasional problems. I traded it for my 05 Camry. I now have 48,000 miles on it, and have only spent money on oil changes, air filter, cabin filter, and front brake pads (not rotors. I live in the Adirondacks High Peaks region on a private road. Only this year did I decide to put snow tires on. I've never had any problem with this car, the mileage is good, and I've never had any acceleration problems. Going from a 6 cyl. Maxima to a 4 cyl. was really no problem. I love the car and features, and will buy another. It's quiet and comfortable.

2005 Camry Safety Hazzard
By stackowi on 05/02/10 01:01 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

In the fall of 2009 I purchased a used 2005 Camry LE. This has turned out to be the most unsafe car that I have ever owned. To begin with there have been multiple occurrences of unexpected acceleration which seems to be due to a design flaw in the brake pedal. It is too small and located too close to the accelerator which causes me to trounce on the gas when I intend to apply the brakes. I am very fortunate that I have not struck someone or something as this is a dangerous situation. I have taken it back to the dealer to adjust the brakes which has not helped and Toyota wants me to take it back for further examination, a process which would mean that I would have to spend money for this

Very pleased
By Kevin on 04/21/10 17:35 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have a 2005 Camry with 215,000 miles only thing has been brake caliper went out, now starting to have transmission problems but now 215,000 that a lot of miles.

I WILL NEVER RECOMMEND TO BUY TOYOTA
By pb on 03/17/10 08:53 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

My car only has 66,000 miles and I had to spend so much money to get it fix 2 weeks back the car was giving me a problem of stopping middle of road and was not going over 40 mph I took to dealer and he said some animal somehow got in the car and chew all the cables (how animal can get inside from the bottom of the car) I believed what he said and paid $700 to fix it after 2 weeks all of sudden my car stopped right in center of the highway and I towed to the dealer and now he said it is related to the prior problem and I have to pay $1,100 to fix this. Never ever buy Toyota.

Still Going Strong
By Dave on 12/08/09 15:52 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Camry Standard 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've had my base 2005 Camry since I purchased it new in August 2004. It now has 75,000 miles and I commute 68 miles roundtrip 5 days a week. I'm getting approximately 28 mpg which I consider good. I had a tune up at 60,000 miles which improved its performance. I've also changed the transmission fluid twice. Other than oil changes every 5,000 miles, I haven't had to do much else. It's been a great reliable car so far.

Worst car I ever owned
By jitenshajin on 12/01/09 09:03 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car from my mother since she could no longer drive. It had 5000 miles on it. Kept it for 2 years and hated driving it. It was terrible in the snow. ABS did basically nothing. Steering was unstable in the snow, as was acceleration. I usually drive or tow cars to the junkyard, but this one I couldn't wait to trade in, at 4 years old and 24000 miles. The only plus was that it was good on gas.