2005 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
I WILL NEVER RECOMMEND TO BUY TOYOTA
By pb on 03/17/10 08:53 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

My car only has 66,000 miles and I had to spend so much money to get it fix 2 weeks back the car was giving me a problem of stopping middle of road and was not going over 40 mph I took to dealer and he said some animal somehow got in the car and chew all the cables (how animal can get inside from the bottom of the car) I believed what he said and paid $700 to fix it after 2 weeks all of sudden my car stopped right in center of the highway and I towed to the dealer and now he said it is related to the prior problem and I have to pay $1,100 to fix this. Never ever buy Toyota.

Foreign Cars are Not Always the Best
By water7apple on 02/08/08 11:17 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have had this 2005 Toyota Camry XLE V6 for two months now. I am surprised how disappointed I am with the driving experience of the Camry. I had a 1997 Buick LeSabre with a 3.8L V6 engine that got better gas mileage than this car, and it was about 500 lbs HEAVIER. This 3.0L is should get better gas mileage than it does (for me 15 city, 23 hwy). My Buick glided on the road, more bumps with the Camry. And the transmission is the worst. It hesitates going between 20 to 70 mpg. Not good for city traffic. I can hear the wind and outside noises much more than the Buick. I am trying to trade-in for an American car this time, at least for a better performing V6 engine.

3rd Camry, 1st New one!
By Melinda on 04/27/06 23:18 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I am totally pleased with the performance of this, my 3rd Camry. It's very smooth, very quiet, no squeeks. Has more than enough power entering freeways. Visibility is great, though I always add those little square mirrors on both side mirrors, on every car I have for extra safety. The car handles very well, It's simple to drive with intuitive controls. The premium sound CD player is very good. I''m not in love with the 'looks' of it, I DO know how dependable these cars tend to be, and I DO love that! My husband wanted a 6cyl. 4 would have done it for me. I've had both. 1/3 less mpg. with the 6cyl. 4r's are good and safe, peppy enough. These days it matters more mpg = $$$.

My Camry
By Daisysowner on 01/01/06 18:56 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have had such good experiences with the Camrys I have owned. I decided to buy a brand new Camry and I must say I love it! It's bigger inside and very comfortable! I bought the V6 and this Camry has power! I love my Camry! It's very easy to drive and when I need the power its there! Can`t go wrong with a Toyota!

2005 Camry LE V6
By Trent E. on 11/26/05 10:40 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This car is surprisingly good, even for a 7 time Toyota/Lexus owner. This is our 2nd Camry, the first being a new 2003 XLE V6. That car was loaded and well enjoyed. However, the '05 LE V6 has proven to be a better car than even the higher priced, heavily equiped XLE V6 of two years prior. The basic LE's V6 is much stronger, quieter and gets great fuel economy over the '03. The ride quality is even more preferable in the LE with stability over rough roads at speed and mild understeer when pushed hard through turns. The sound quality of the basic 6 speaker, single CD stereo is even better that that of the 8 speaker JBL in-dash 6 CD system. Overall, reliable high-quality transportation.. again.

05' LE-V6 Improved?
By Neil T. on 11/16/05 13:52 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

A loyal toyota camry owner, I traded my 2000 LE-4 banger with 150,000 miles on this 05 V6. I can say that I am happy with the car...typical toyota, rides smooth, quiet, good service from the dealership, and a price that does not require a second mortgage. The V6 is peppy and takes the car down the road quickly. Careful tho', it's easy to break the speed limit. Is it better that the 2000 overall? Probably not. This one has a rattle in the driver's side door. Aggrevating!!.. The 2000 was a tank, even at 150K miles...never rattled, probably never will for whoever has it now. Biding my time for a new 07. Don't be afraid to buy a camry...

Very satisfied
By Pat on 08/17/05 13:03 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Very smooth driving and comfortable car. Easy to take on long trips without being worn out on arrival. Large enough for 5 people if necessary, roomy back and trunk.

Good handling auto
By Bobbi on 08/13/05 09:30 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I had 4 Mercury Sable's (I lease autos for 3 years) and when I heard that Ford/Mercury wasn't making them anymore I leased the Camry and immediately liked it's handling, performance and comfortability. The car is very quiet and you can't even hear the motor go on when you start it. Hopefully my satisfaction will continue. If not, you'll hear from me. Good luck to all that are also getting one.

Better Than Excellent
By Teresa A. Ahumada on 07/21/05 15:32 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is about the 5th car our family has owned-we've had other car brands before. My daughter has had Toyotas always and has been extremely content with them. In her business she runs them very many miles. She is the person who encouraged me to purchase a Toyota. If the newer models turn out to be as reliable I shall again purchase Toyotas. Parts for this car are not expensive and, above all, the dealer's service people who service my car are very professional and kind.

road noise
By stanley stephens on 07/16/05 11:03 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I relied on consumer reports and thier evaluation of the camrey as being refined and quiet and was disapointed after driving over different road surfaces finding only brand new asphalted roads as quiet. most roads create what I call "road roar", an unpleasant sound. after owning and viewing the camry from different angles it's less than eye catching.