2005 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Camry #1 How many years in a row?
By Thomas on 09/07/10 22:46 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is the 3rd Toyota Camry I've owned and they have all been purchased USED. I buy them with 30,000 miles or less and drive them for (no less than 4 years)and an additional 150,000 miles until trade in. Total annual cost (average) to own the vehicle? $2910 including tax, title and maintenance. When my current Camry is paid off in 2 months the annual cost to own my Camry will drop to $419. And I'll ride that out for 2 more years. Not a bad annual cost to ride a fully loaded Camry V6 XLE loaded to the gills. Since 1997? Why would I drive ANYTHING else. Seriously!

2005 XLE Toyota Camry 4 dr
By Rick on 11/29/09 19:01 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I just bought this car 3 months ago and I was looking at 2007 nissans and toyotas. The only reason I bought this one was that it only had 12,000 miles on it. Now I only have one complaint about this car and that is when you step on the gas it boggs down and it feels like I'm towing a boat. Then once I get going it's fine. The dealer told me it was a wire and they would reset the memory so the car would learn my driving habits. I'm not convinced that this reset of THE WIRE really was it or that is just the way 05 camrys are. It really ticks me off but other than that I love the car. Is it me or do these 05 camrys have this problem? Making me wish I went with a 07 Altima.

Buyer Beware of Paint & People Problems
By Richard on 08/18/08 07:08 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The car itself is very good. However the paint is peeling and the dealer and zone rep refuse to acknowledge the problem. They first tried to say that it was re-painted (I bought it new and would probably remember if I had had a new paint job). Once we got past that issue they decided that I was 3 months out of warranty and 18,000 miles over as well. Apparently Toyota only expects their paint to last 36000 miles or three years. It is a great car, but at $500.00 a pop to have the paint fixed I seriously doubt if I will ever own another Toyota product. Too bad their management personnel and dealers don't have the same level of integrity as their cars.

05 review
By John Young on 03/21/08 15:23 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Third Toyota owned. Toyota changed to a direct wire transmission with which they have acknowledged having rough shifting problems, particularly when driven by more than one driver. Also has soft braking, again acknowledged by Toyota, which makes for unsure stopping. Seats are not comfortable on long trips and overall quality is not as expected of Toyota which now appears more interested in outselling its competition rather than upholding past quality standards.

2005 Camry XLE V6
By BigJon on 05/10/07 10:36 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Overall this is a great car. It's comfortable to drive and gets good mpg for a V6. Transmission downshifts somewhat harsh at lower speeds. No repairs in over 2 years. Wish I could have waited for a 2006.

Great car for moms
By Sherri on 01/16/07 13:04 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I traded in a bulky BMW X5 for this car - wanted something nice, with power, easy on the eyes - and this is it. I love the navigation, the leather is beautiful, stereo is great. This car is fun to drive and easy on gas, and sporty enough to make being the carpool mom FUN!

Excellent sedan
By Henry Regeth on 12/09/06 09:36 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Finest auto I've owned. Looks, handling, finish are all superb. I have never checked actual mileage but know it goes a long way on a tank. Four cylinder has power to spare, who needs more. Freeway handling is excellent, before you know it you're at 80 mph plus. Reliability excellent, I've yet to make a repair of any kind. Love the large trunk. Tremendous value for money spent. I will definitely buy another.

Camry slips in quality
By John Youngt on 08/26/06 10:52 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

We chose Camry because of reliability. I wish now I had not. Our 05 Camry has a problem knowing when to shift (either up or down). The dealership indicates the new electronic transmission is known for this problem and apparently Toyota does not have an answer. The hesitation in shifting is troublesome and will probably get worse with age. In addition to the transmission the Camry has very soft braking, another acknowledged defect by the dealer but one for which they have no cure. So beware!

Transmission Problems
By JC @ Franklin, Tn on 08/21/06 18:45 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The 5-speed transmission on the V6 is dangerous. When you pull into from traffic and accelerate there is too long a lag time before the car begins to move and then it takes too long to get up to speed. The transmission kickdown to pass can take 1.5 to 2 secs before it kicks in. Almost had a wreck because of it.

My daily driver.
By David Hicks on 05/11/06 22:48 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my fifth Toyota (third camry) that I have owned. This car has been very good without any problems except the factory audio system. The am/fm radio is very poor in quality, the windshield antenna does not pull in very many am or fm stations. The XM Satellite radio performs very poorly, the stations fade in and out because of the poorly designed and mount position of the XM antenna. The LCD display is a very dim green and almost unreadable during daylight conditions. The engine and five speed automatic transmission performs very good. Very comfortable ride and good fuel economy, 24 mpg around town 29 mpg on the road. I will buy another Camry, 2007 SE V6.

1 2 3 4 5 next »