2005 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
05 Camry SE
By mbateyman on 09/14/09 13:02 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Having driven my Camry for over a year, and almost 20,000 miles, I must say its truly an amazing vehicle. Although mine is a 4cyl. SE, its got some nice kick to it. I really think Camry owners get their money's worth because its all around a great car. Things don't break unexpectedly or unexplained. It never quits, very fun to drive, looks great, and the ride quality is just astonishing. And to add, I actually get about 23 to 24 in the city including quick take offs when I'm running late for work. Its nice when people envy your car! ***The only choice for SE 4cyl was manual but my vehicle is an automatic.

Not perfect, but pretty good
By m.r. on 08/05/07 06:20 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is company vehicle, have had it for 2 years, 50,000 miles. Car is peppy for a 4 cylinder, much better than the Mazda6 I had before. Overall, car is very refined, smooth, quiet, very reliable. A couple beefs; some squeaks have appeared in this car and I have some rust appearing on the B pillar. Also, Toyota paint is very soft, chips and scratches easily - had same paint issue on 2001 Camry. Despite minor issues, would definitely get another one.

Best car yet
By BeachSixPack on 05/08/07 09:50 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

After owning many many cars, this one by far is the best I have owned. Drove it to Florida after buying it and was very pleased with its comfort, reliability, looks, and gas mileage in the 30s while traveling above 80 for extended periods of time. Great car.

So far, so good
By Surfdog on 05/17/06 23:31 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my Camry SE (4 cyl.) for almost two years, and have put a lot of miles on it. Absolutely no problems with it. I had always known the Toyota Camry to be a very dependable car. I had always thought it to be an ordinary, "family"-looking sedan though. When I saw the 2005 though my opinion changed. It seemed to have a sleeker presence to it. Since adding my new surfboard rack and front-end bra to the car, I have friends commenting on how sporty it looks. Have to admit, the new 2007 Camry is an awesome, very stylish car. I will likely make that my next car. Until then though, very happy with the 2005. I'm sold on Toyota. The car, the dealer, the company, the service.

TOO ROUGH
By Holden on 05/03/06 07:48 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

For a front wheel drive car the handling is great and the 4 is peppy, quiet and very fuel efficient even with the old 4 speeed auto. BUT - I have driven all kinds of handling tuned cars in my life both personally owned and in my career in law enforcement and I can say without hesitation that the SE rides entirely too rough for its level of handling.The firm seats offer no help either. It is as bad as my Jeep and will soon lead to a trade as my wife is sick of it. Maybe a new V6 LE if the ride is better. If not, an Avalon. I can give up some handling to save my back.

Roomy sporty Camry SE - Manual
By SE 5-MT on 11/09/05 22:44 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

First the car is great for the money. Pep, power, acceleration. The downside is turning not as tight as Accord and fabric tends to catch lint. 3M makes special lint guard for autos/boats which should come with black ones. I love to drive to work still, and the the speaker system is balanced quality, just not highly refined Bose like a Maxima. Burns regular and getting 29 MPG on half highway, half city with agressive driving. Get a 5 speed manual and you'll have no regrets.

Love this car!!!
By lamardis on 11/03/05 12:19 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

After having an SUV, I swore that I would never own another car. I was wrong... I love this car!!! The seats are comfortable, that back has plenty of leg room... my husband is 6 ft and has no problems with roominess. the trunk is HUGE! I live in the mountains, and my 4cyl. is plenty strong to climb without any trouble.

Great Car for Awesome Price
By Julia on 06/17/05 20:53 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2005 Camry SE and I love it. It has a definite sporty suspension and is very fun to drive. I am getting great gas mileage and the sunroof and 6 CD disc changer is great. Plus the manual transmission makes it even more fun.

Death of the American Sedan
By Ed on 06/17/05 09:27 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I was a loyal Ford/Mercury sedan buyer, until I walked into the Toyota dealership. I've always heard about the quality of the Camrys, but once I test drove the car, I was hooked. The ride far surpassed anything I had been previously driving. Surprisingly, the 4-cylinder engine is peppy and I don't miss the 6-cylinder Sable that I had. The fit and finish is also exceptional. I'd like to believe that American sedans will improve to the level of Toyota and Honda, but after driving my new Camry, it seems like the U.S. is light years behind. The new styling is great as well and you sit higher, with a more commanding view of the road. A great car for a reasonable price, well worth the investment.

First Toyota owner
By james florez on 04/12/05 14:03 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is the first time I own a Camry SE to this date I have been extremely satisfied, the ride, comfort and the feel of quality in the car is superb. As an owner of a Honda for over thirteen years, I can frankly attest that Toyota (Camry SE) is of superior quality.