Used 2005 Toyota Camry LE V6 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Material and Mechanical Parts are so Cheap
By Thuy Vp

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I own 2005 Toyota Camry (this is my 2nd Camry) and the quality of this one is terrible. The fabric inside has rolled up cotton ball. The fabric of the ceiling inside the car was all falling apart. The plastic inside is all loosen up. Its value is really bad compared to my previous Camry. My sister bought a 2012 Camry and the same thing happened to her. The material is so cheap. Not to mention all the mechanical parts - they don't last like the old Camry. We decided No more Camry and had shared this problem with everyone we know.

None

Use quality material and lasting parts.

I WILL NEVER RECOMMEND TO BUY TOYOTA
By pb

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

My car only has 66,000 miles and I had to spend so much money to get it fix 2 weeks back the car was giving me a problem of stopping middle of road and was not going over 40 mph I took to dealer and he said some animal somehow got in the car and chew all the cables (how animal can get inside from the bottom of the car) I believed what he said and paid $700 to fix it after 2 weeks all of sudden my car stopped right in center of the highway and I towed to the dealer and now he said it is related to the prior problem and I have to pay $1,100 to fix this. Never ever buy Toyota.

Foreign Cars are Not Always the Best
By water7apple

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have had this 2005 Toyota Camry XLE V6 for two months now. I am surprised how disappointed I am with the driving experience of the Camry. I had a 1997 Buick LeSabre with a 3.8L V6 engine that got better gas mileage than this car, and it was about 500 lbs HEAVIER. This 3.0L is should get better gas mileage than it does (for me 15 city, 23 hwy). My Buick glided on the road, more bumps with the Camry. And the transmission is the worst. It hesitates going between 20 to 70 mpg. Not good for city traffic. I can hear the wind and outside noises much more than the Buick. I am trying to trade-in for an American car this time, at least for a better performing V6 engine.

6-CD changer, heated seats, steering capacity (more agile), fog lights make it more sportier looking.

bigger V6 engine, quit the current smart transmission, reduce road noise, improve gas mileage on V6 engines (American cars have), two different buttons for tilt/sunroof, FIX THE TRANSMISSION AND ENGINE

3rd Camry, 1st New one!
By Melinda

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I am totally pleased with the performance of this, my 3rd Camry. It's very smooth, very quiet, no squeeks. Has more than enough power entering freeways. Visibility is great, though I always add those little square mirrors on both side mirrors, on every car I have for extra safety. The car handles very well, It's simple to drive with intuitive controls. The premium sound CD player is very good. I''m not in love with the 'looks' of it, I DO know how dependable these cars tend to be, and I DO love that! My husband wanted a 6cyl. 4 would have done it for me. I've had both. 1/3 less mpg. with the 6cyl. 4r's are good and safe, peppy enough. These days it matters more mpg = $$$.

Perfect Size. Not too small, or big. Premium stereo sounds great! Camrys are dependable and uncomplicated,.

My Camry
By Daisysowner

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have had such good experiences with the Camrys I have owned. I decided to buy a brand new Camry and I must say I love it! It's bigger inside and very comfortable! I bought the V6 and this Camry has power! I love my Camry! It's very easy to drive and when I need the power its there! Can`t go wrong with a Toyota!

The radio controls on the steering wheel,the curtain airbags and the side airbags.