2005 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Like, but not Love, my XLE
By Josh on 08/26/10 08:01 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Very quiet, comfortable car. Toyota's auto-climate system is the best. It always knows exactly what to do. Very reliable, never had any problems with it. I don't especially love the car's handling because my former car was a Passat, but the Camry is an excellent car overall. The front end seems a little heavy for a 4cyl, which makes it lean more than it should in curves/corners. It does a good job of reminding me it's not a sports sedan. The seats are extremely comfortable for long trips. Get a spoiler..it really dresses the car up.

No American Car comes close to the Camry
By EJG on 06/18/08 10:19 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have driven many cars in my time. Saturn L-2000, Honda Accord 1994, Pontiac Sunfire 1996, Buick Century 1988 and 1998, Buick Lucerne, Dodge Charger (recent) and many others. Besides the Honda Accord, no other car listed comes near the Camry. I have had this car for 70k now, and nothing besides the tires have been replaced, not even the brakes. If you want a car that starts up every day, is safe, comfortable, and is refined, buy a Camry.

05 Camry XLE 4 CYL
By starlakebeer on 05/15/08 21:54 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased this car new in 2005 w/all the bells and whistles avail at that time. It has been a wonderful car and handles well in all environments. It has carried us over Cascade Mountain passes with deep snow and safely across the deserts of Nevada, California and Arizona in the summer. The fastest I have ever driven the car is 95. From 65 to 95 stability seemed to improve. Solid and predictable. It handles corners extremely well, generally 15/20 mph over posted limits. Perhaps the tires help. They are Bridgestone V rated. Very comfortable on long 8-10 hrs driving days. Not as quiet as I would like but!! Will probably buy Toyota again.

Fuel Economy Disappoints
By cwa on 12/19/05 17:09 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This model is up to Toyota's standards in build quality and reliability, but it suffers in comparison with my '98 Camry 4 (and my wife's former '97) in two respects. The engine is louder under acceleration, producing a very audible roar, and the fuel economy is less. The '97 and '98, EPA rated at 23/30, achieved 22/31. The '05, EPA rated 24/34, is getting 20/30 at best. If it weren't for the clearly inflated EPA rating, my disappointment would be less. Additionally, the dashboard display of avg mpg is consistently 5-6 mpg too high. If it says 36, I'm getting 30; if it says 24, I'm getting 19. Makes me think I'm getting EPA mileage when I'm not. How convenient for Toyota!

Ignorant Navigation!
By Vicki Nails on 10/15/05 14:38 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased an XLE 4 door Toyota with a navigation system which only came in a package consisting of heated seats and side air bags. The heated seats stay on for 5 minutes at a time and then shut off and come on again. The navigation system isn't programmed for many local streets and often suggests turning left when you need to turn right on interstate highways. I regret spending the additional money on this option. The heated seats should stay on at the driver's discretion. There is unacceptable road noise level. Long trips are not pleasant. I regret buying this car, and I can't wait to sell it and purchase another car. It won't be a Toyota!

Follow up after 25k miles
By John74 on 09/09/05 09:37 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

After 1 yr and 25k miles later we still love our Camry. Avg. City/Hwy fuel efficiency is a solid 32mpg and no problems to speak off. Tire wear is normal (rotated twice), the leather seats are showing no wear at all, the paint is still factory glossy. A seatbelt mechanism recall was taken care by the dealership within 1 hour.

Love this car
By Bob on 09/08/05 14:00 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I just recently purchased this car. The exterior finish is exceptional. The interior is plush and well thought out. The audio system is fantastic. All this plus great mileage too.

Camry is the Best!
By Justin Booher on 07/30/05 12:07 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We got mechanic's input on the Camry for a year before we actually purchased and they were right on--it's a superb vehicle and is all the car we need. We put on many miles and the fuel efficiency is excellent. If I were to buy again I would probably choose the V-6 over the 4 cylinder for get-up-and- go power but I think our 4 cylinder gets better mileage. Wonderful sound system, comfortable ride, and tons of space! I think that is the thing that decided us on the Camry over anything else-- it has a very nice roomy interior -- much more so than most of its competitors. Overall--9.8!

15 month review
By Shawn on 07/17/05 23:21 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased my 2004 Camry XLE 4cyl. for $22K in April 04. I wanted an easy to drive, quiet, low maintenance, and reliable car that wouldn't look out of place in the middle class/upscale areas of Irvine. I commute 70+ miles RT each day. This is what I think so far... The good: avg. 30 mpg over its lifetime; effortless to drive (quiet ride, steering requires little effort, braking is smooth); no mechanical problems. The bad: difficult car to drive aggressively (poor acceleration; heavy front and front-wheel drive makes cornering and emergency braking tricky...thank God is has ABS); intermitent rattle in center console.

Great Car
By cpossenti on 07/16/05 12:05 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Wonderful car on highway or back roads. 18 Gal tank gives you less stopping time on trips. Comfort and reliability.