Used 2005 Toyota Camry LE Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Excellent Commuter Car
By keegm480

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have owned my fair share of cars, and this is definitely my favorite to drive to work in every day. No, it's not exciting to drive, but it is very comfortable and has plenty of power for the average person. I have had zero issues with this car, just routine maintenance. Has a very good stock audio system in the car, I can't see myself selling this any time soon! I drive a lot of long trips, this car just eats away the miles!

Favorite Features

Comfortable, Reliable, Great Standard Speakers

Suggested Improvements

My only complaint is the car is a bit too boring inside, but I really can't complain, the 2012+ Camry's have much nicer interiors, but they are $10k more expensive, I can live with a plain interior!

I have never driven a Camry I liked
By kittycats

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We have owned 4 Camry's that my husband keeps bringing home because they are cheap. Well duh, they are cheap because they are CHEAP. Everyone of them lost their engine around 150,000 despite the fact that we do everything the manual says to do (I have a beautiful oil slick in my garage too). The ride is awful, pickup worse and not all the great on gas. This last one was in an accident and gratefully no injuries, but was totaled (I thanked God for that one too). After my experience with this model, I honestly do miss my AMC hornet, at least it was peppier, fun to drive and did not blow up on me. I do not recommend.

Favorite Features

None

Suggested Improvements

Where to begin? Scrap it and start over from the tires up.

I'm sold on Camrys
By dbjbravo

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car with 30k miles in 2006 and have now put another 100k on it. Aside from routine fluid and tire changes, this car has given me absolutely no mechanical difficulties. It got nearly 40 miles per gallon on the freeway when I first got it, but now (2013) it's closer to 32. Here are some cons: the keyless entry stopped working on me a year ago; the back speakers shattered on me into little pieces two years ago (this seems to be a common problem -- the sun pretty much destroys them); the molding on the cd player began to become unsealed from the heat of the sun. Overall, this has been a spectacular car. I plan on driving it until it's totally dead.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage is great. I like the look of the car on the inside and out. The seats (front and back) are comfortable for long drives. Sound system is great.

Suggested Improvements

Those back speaker covers are ghetto. They crumbled into tiny pieces on me from becoming dilapidated by the sun when it was only five years old.

Love this car
By hammond2

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've had my 2005 Camry LE since 2004 and I absolutely love it. It has over 160,000 km on it and apart from brakes, tires and oil changes, I have not spent a penny for other repairs. I drive to Florida and back every year and I really push it. This 4 cyl. is very performing and very, very reliable. I even pull by bass boat all summer long!!! My wife loves it too. No rattles, no rust, no problems!!!! What a car!!!

Poor Build Quality
By schweizer

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought my Camry new and now have just over 70k miles on it. Has been religiously serviced and pampered. Issues with paint. Chips easy, rusts easy(in spots where there is no chips). Leaks through the driver side air bag when washed. Cars interior is noisy. Sounds like a ball bearing is rolling through the dash. On the passenger side it sounds as if the engine isn't even shielded and we get an airy high pitch noise coming into the cabin. Dash rattles in places. No thigh support in the seats. Have replaced several bulbs, front, rear lights etc. Dash control lights are out on a couple(I've heard of other complaints about this). All issues came about within the first couple of years.