2005 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
I have never driven a Camry I liked
By kittycats on 07/03/14 06:10 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We have owned 4 Camry's that my husband keeps bringing home because they are cheap. Well duh, they are cheap because they are CHEAP. Everyone of them lost their engine around 150,000 despite the fact that we do everything the manual says to do (I have a beautiful oil slick in my garage too). The ride is awful, pickup worse and not all the great on gas. This last one was in an accident and gratefully no injuries, but was totaled (I thanked God for that one too). After my experience with this model, I honestly do miss my AMC hornet, at least it was peppier, fun to drive and did not blow up on me. I do not recommend.

I'm sold on Camrys
By dbjbravo on 05/25/13 20:49 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car with 30k miles in 2006 and have now put another 100k on it. Aside from routine fluid and tire changes, this car has given me absolutely no mechanical difficulties. It got nearly 40 miles per gallon on the freeway when I first got it, but now (2013) it's closer to 32. Here are some cons: the keyless entry stopped working on me a year ago; the back speakers shattered on me into little pieces two years ago (this seems to be a common problem -- the sun pretty much destroys them); the molding on the cd player began to become unsealed from the heat of the sun. Overall, this has been a spectacular car. I plan on driving it until it's totally dead.

2005 Camry with balky transmission
By seaview7 on 10/21/12 05:28 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan SE V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

2005 Camry SE V6 engine. Only 36,000 miles. The electronic transmission has been awful since day one. It balks at low speeds, and hesitates and jumps, like it can't find the right gear. Dealer says there is nothing they can do to correct. It's in the computer. Gas mileage around town with the V6 engine is bad. I drive fairly slow, but only average about 16 mpg. I should have got 4 cyl. Had factory recall in 2012 for a bad camshaft pulley. Dealer claims they also found my valve covers leaking oil. Charged me $600. The only thing I like about my car is the interior room, and the solid feel. Much better than the new Camry's. The 2013 Camry's feels "cheap" and the interior is tight.

Love this car
By hammond2 on 08/06/12 11:59 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've had my 2005 Camry LE since 2004 and I absolutely love it. It has over 160,000 km on it and apart from brakes, tires and oil changes, I have not spent a penny for other repairs. I drive to Florida and back every year and I really push it. This 4 cyl. is very performing and very, very reliable. I even pull by bass boat all summer long!!! My wife loves it too. No rattles, no rust, no problems!!!! What a car!!!

Poor Build Quality
By schweizer on 07/27/12 19:23 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought my Camry new and now have just over 70k miles on it. Has been religiously serviced and pampered. Issues with paint. Chips easy, rusts easy(in spots where there is no chips). Leaks through the driver side air bag when washed. Cars interior is noisy. Sounds like a ball bearing is rolling through the dash. On the passenger side it sounds as if the engine isn't even shielded and we get an airy high pitch noise coming into the cabin. Dash rattles in places. No thigh support in the seats. Have replaced several bulbs, front, rear lights etc. Dash control lights are out on a couple(I've heard of other complaints about this). All issues came about within the first couple of years.

Can't Miss
By drivingforward on 06/19/12 08:25 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've owned two Camrys and this 2005 has been great to me as was my 1995 model. I have had it seven years and really haven't had any problems with it. Standard maintenance etc. I currently have a little over 101K miles on it and I'm sure I could drive it another 7 years if I choose to. It has always gotten good gas mileage for it's size vehicle and is a 4 cylinder. The pick up has always been good and a nice comfortable drive. Amazing space in the trunk. As a musician I haul around a PA systems and guitars and such. I always seem to be able to fit what I need. All around it has been a great vehicle.

White smoke problem
By kumgock on 04/12/12 11:45 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought 2002 Camry LE, but sold it soon because the car exhausting big amount of white smoke when start engine every morning. I bought 2005 Camry, just only 73,000 miles. This car happen same problem, exhausting big amount of white smoke when I start engine every morning, So I asked to my friend who has a same model about this matter. He said his car same problem. I,m so disppointed about Toyota engine 2.4. I was report this matter to Toyota customer care, they rejected my asking to repair free of charge, because my care passed warranty, I think this is recall problem, not warranty due to every same model have a same problem. I asked a mechanics, they said it might engine oil leaking in en

Most decent car bough longest car kept
By voau on 04/10/11 09:20 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bough new in 2006 and now 55K miles. Also bough 2006 Civic in same year. The camry is a champ in performance for 4-cyl car itCaccelerates aceptionally I have confidence passing cars on a 2-lane road. Miles-per-gallon is second to none in term of distance over weight is related, even the Civic is very good, especially in resale so I sold it and bough an Acura MDX yesterday. Anyway, Camry is a very rightous car to own! I like it's appearance too. oh no thanks, not with the spoiler!

solid car
By Anonymous on 12/08/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan Standard 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought mine in 2007 with 6k on it. This has been an excellent car, best I've owned, but also the lowest mileage. It now has 76k on it. No issues, and a consistently great performing car. I put TripleTread tires on and it does awesome in the rain now. I too love the steering wheel radio controls, cruise works great, great visibility. And I'll share a condensed story: was passing a car on a two-lane one day.. punk kid thought he'd be cute and not let me get around. I punched it hard and took off like a rocket, from 60mph, quickly jumping to 100mph! left him in the dust. This from a 4 cyl! I've wanted to trade it in several times for something sportier, but can't bring myself to do it yet.

My newest Camry
By Janice on 11/24/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have owned 3 other used Camrys (1997, 1997 and 1999) and I wanted a newer model. Did some research and lots of test driving, and this 2005 is solid, sturdy and dependable. It is spacious and very user friendly, with all the push button controls. I really do love this car, and am happy every time I get inside to drive it.