2005 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
I have never driven a Camry I liked
By kittycats on 07/03/14 06:10 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We have owned 4 Camry's that my husband keeps bringing home because they are cheap. Well duh, they are cheap because they are CHEAP. Everyone of them lost their engine around 150,000 despite the fact that we do everything the manual says to do (I have a beautiful oil slick in my garage too). The ride is awful, pickup worse and not all the great on gas. This last one was in an accident and gratefully no injuries, but was totaled (I thanked God for that one too). After my experience with this model, I honestly do miss my AMC hornet, at least it was peppier, fun to drive and did not blow up on me. I do not recommend.

I'm sold on Camrys
By dbjbravo on 05/25/13 20:49 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car with 30k miles in 2006 and have now put another 100k on it. Aside from routine fluid and tire changes, this car has given me absolutely no mechanical difficulties. It got nearly 40 miles per gallon on the freeway when I first got it, but now (2013) it's closer to 32. Here are some cons: the keyless entry stopped working on me a year ago; the back speakers shattered on me into little pieces two years ago (this seems to be a common problem -- the sun pretty much destroys them); the molding on the cd player began to become unsealed from the heat of the sun. Overall, this has been a spectacular car. I plan on driving it until it's totally dead.

Love this car
By hammond2 on 08/06/12 11:59 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've had my 2005 Camry LE since 2004 and I absolutely love it. It has over 160,000 km on it and apart from brakes, tires and oil changes, I have not spent a penny for other repairs. I drive to Florida and back every year and I really push it. This 4 cyl. is very performing and very, very reliable. I even pull by bass boat all summer long!!! My wife loves it too. No rattles, no rust, no problems!!!! What a car!!!

Poor Build Quality
By schweizer on 07/27/12 19:23 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought my Camry new and now have just over 70k miles on it. Has been religiously serviced and pampered. Issues with paint. Chips easy, rusts easy(in spots where there is no chips). Leaks through the driver side air bag when washed. Cars interior is noisy. Sounds like a ball bearing is rolling through the dash. On the passenger side it sounds as if the engine isn't even shielded and we get an airy high pitch noise coming into the cabin. Dash rattles in places. No thigh support in the seats. Have replaced several bulbs, front, rear lights etc. Dash control lights are out on a couple(I've heard of other complaints about this). All issues came about within the first couple of years.

Can't Miss
By drivingforward on 06/19/12 08:25 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've owned two Camrys and this 2005 has been great to me as was my 1995 model. I have had it seven years and really haven't had any problems with it. Standard maintenance etc. I currently have a little over 101K miles on it and I'm sure I could drive it another 7 years if I choose to. It has always gotten good gas mileage for it's size vehicle and is a 4 cylinder. The pick up has always been good and a nice comfortable drive. Amazing space in the trunk. As a musician I haul around a PA systems and guitars and such. I always seem to be able to fit what I need. All around it has been a great vehicle.

White smoke problem
By kumgock on 04/12/12 11:45 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought 2002 Camry LE, but sold it soon because the car exhausting big amount of white smoke when start engine every morning. I bought 2005 Camry, just only 73,000 miles. This car happen same problem, exhausting big amount of white smoke when I start engine every morning, So I asked to my friend who has a same model about this matter. He said his car same problem. I,m so disppointed about Toyota engine 2.4. I was report this matter to Toyota customer care, they rejected my asking to repair free of charge, because my care passed warranty, I think this is recall problem, not warranty due to every same model have a same problem. I asked a mechanics, they said it might engine oil leaking in en

Most decent car bough longest car kept
By voau on 04/10/11 09:20 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bough new in 2006 and now 55K miles. Also bough 2006 Civic in same year. The camry is a champ in performance for 4-cyl car itCaccelerates aceptionally I have confidence passing cars on a 2-lane road. Miles-per-gallon is second to none in term of distance over weight is related, even the Civic is very good, especially in resale so I sold it and bough an Acura MDX yesterday. Anyway, Camry is a very rightous car to own! I like it's appearance too. oh no thanks, not with the spoiler!

My newest Camry
By Janice on 11/24/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have owned 3 other used Camrys (1997, 1997 and 1999) and I wanted a newer model. Did some research and lots of test driving, and this 2005 is solid, sturdy and dependable. It is spacious and very user friendly, with all the push button controls. I really do love this car, and am happy every time I get inside to drive it.

More than happy with my first Camry
By B. Forrester on 07/01/10 05:40 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I formerly drove a Nissan Maxima which I purchased used. Loved the car, but it had occasional problems. I traded it for my 05 Camry. I now have 48,000 miles on it, and have only spent money on oil changes, air filter, cabin filter, and front brake pads (not rotors. I live in the Adirondacks High Peaks region on a private road. Only this year did I decide to put snow tires on. I've never had any problem with this car, the mileage is good, and I've never had any acceleration problems. Going from a 6 cyl. Maxima to a 4 cyl. was really no problem. I love the car and features, and will buy another. It's quiet and comfortable.

2005 Camry Safety Hazzard
By stackowi on 05/02/10 01:01 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

In the fall of 2009 I purchased a used 2005 Camry LE. This has turned out to be the most unsafe car that I have ever owned. To begin with there have been multiple occurrences of unexpected acceleration which seems to be due to a design flaw in the brake pedal. It is too small and located too close to the accelerator which causes me to trounce on the gas when I intend to apply the brakes. I am very fortunate that I have not struck someone or something as this is a dangerous situation. I have taken it back to the dealer to adjust the brakes which has not helped and Toyota wants me to take it back for further examination, a process which would mean that I would have to spend money for this