2005 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
100K and going strong
By mjlk on 11/16/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Camry Standard 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I just hit 100,000 miles this week and this car has given me the most trouble free 100,000 of any vehicle I have owned in 30+ year of driving. not the most exciting car I've owned but highly recommend one if you are looking for a used car.

2005 Toyota Camry (base) - 5 spd manual
By DAN on 07/16/09 19:10 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Standard 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Great car... I have put mostly highway miles on mine and am still on the original brakes after almost 5 years and 63000 miles. My only gripe is the paint/finish. I opted for a dealer- applied 5-yr super simonize wax and even with that, I still have deep chips and scratches. From driving on the hwy, I would've expected minor scratches on the hood from rocks, but these are like gouges. Other than that, this car has been amazing. I'll definitely purchase another Toyota as soon as I get 200000-250000 miles on this one.

Reliable but not so fun to drive
By Topaz on 04/01/09 11:24 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Standard 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

It's a very reliable car. Low maintenance. However, when I need a sudden burst to accelerate on the freeway, it almost redlines going from 55mph to 65mph.

Great All-Around Car
By Scott on 07/11/07 14:48 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Standard 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Our Camry has been flawless in the two years we've owned it. We have consistently gotten over 33 mpg and it handled two New Hampshire winters without a hitch. It's fun to drive, has decent pickup, and is comfortable to ride in for long trips. My wife and I have driven a number of other midsized rental cars on vacations and not once have we found a better vehicle for our needs.

MY FIRST NEW CAR -IT'S A GOOD THING
By BRUCE D K on 12/11/05 01:27 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Camry Standard 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Well this being my first new car I can say that I did the research and even rented the 2004 mdl.for a weekend cruise to Vegas from L.A. The rental handled and performed flawlesly as does my 05 mdl. The only dif is the 5 speed automatic upgrade from the 4 spd on the 04 mdl. This car is for the most part a pleasure to drive, city driving or freeway or Death Valley for that matter.My avg frwy mpg is 32 and I don't drive the speed limit if at all possible . No speeding tickets yet ! Los Angeles in town mpg is realisticly 24. Toyota really did this little 4 cyl.eng. very right. There is no lack of power with it loaded or not.

Manual transmission
By Terry Gut on 09/16/05 14:14 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Standard 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The 2005 Camry is convenient and even comfort vehicle. However, the manual transmission on Camry STD 5M I am currently using is certainly the worst one I've ever tested. Those who are thinking about manual transmission should stay away from Toyota.

A Great Car to Own
By kirk westrell on 09/07/05 12:00 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Standard 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the Toyota Camry for my Real Estate business. I have put on 30,000 miles in one year. The car is problem free and stands up to the highway. It is easy to drive and comfortable to ride in. The Camry is a great car for commuting or on the open highway. I only had to replace a tire which was ruined by a nail. The gas mileage has been usually 30-34mpg. On my first trip to Texas in the car, I actually got 37 mpg since I had the cruise control set. I have had the car serviced on time and have had no mechanical difficulties other than the flat tire. The 4 cyl engine packs a lot of power and the 5 speed transmission adds to the great performance of this car. It is a 10.

My Toyota Camry
By cinnamonbay84 on 06/15/05 06:49 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Standard 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love my new car, it is very spacious inside and considering I can't handle small spaces it is wonderful.

Good Price and Good Car
By by McGeorge on 04/19/05 17:40 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Standard 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I got the base standard 5 speed. I like my car. I have been very happy with this car so far and I enjoy driving it. I drive many different cars (rentals) and I'm glad I picked this one. No buyer regrets.

The return of quality
By tom champagne on 02/09/05 17:16 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Camry Standard 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Usually after the "honytmoon",(3500 miles), reality sets in: foreign noises, poor mileage,etc. Not the case with the new Camry. Quality built for the long run!