2004 Toyota Camry Consumer Review: Toyotas are Very Reliable

2004 Toyota Camry - Consumer Review

2004 Toyota Camry

LE Sedan (2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Toyotas are Very Reliable
By BT on

2004 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I'm a 30-year owner of Toyota--had a 1981 Toyota Corona for 16 years and sold it to a friend who drove it another three years before trading it in. I had a lovely 1998 Toyota Camry -- only problem before sold it was getting an oil leak stopped--it was costly to get to, but the part was cheap to fix, labor was excessive due to how hard it was to get to. Had a Buick in 2005, and was really glad when purchased this 2004 Camry in 2007 with only 9,000 miles on it. Car has a popping sound when turn wheel to park in garage at night. Am told if it bothers me, labor cost to get to part is about $250; it's not bothering me that much yet. Was in an accident in 1988 Camry; it saved my life I think.

Recirculator in the cabin; didn't have this in the Buick I had for a short time in 2005; important to me since I have problems breathing the outside air of other vehicles that don't comply with emissions and older vehicles still on the road. Like the quiet ride on the highway trips. Favorite car!

Tires are not the best on these cars; can never expect to get the miles on them that the manufacturer claims. Since I bought in 2007, watching for any dryness on the rims for safety sake. Currently have about 29,000 miles on the car. First owner drove very little before he passed and son sold it.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review