2004 Toyota Camry Consumer Review: S'alright

2004 Toyota Camry - Consumer Review

2004 Toyota Camry

LE V6 Sedan (3.0L V6 5-speed Automatic)

S'alright
By ZeroNiner on

2004 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The V6 Camry is a wonderful car to drive. I have driven it for nearly 4 years and am very satisfied. Fuel economy is decent, cannot complain. I gave performance a 5 because of the delay when the gas is pressed a bit much, but sometimes noticeable even with calm acceleration (somewhat annoys me).

Smooth compliant ride on the freeway.

Too much body roll. V6 engine has a delay when gas is fully pressed. Lack of foglight option for LE model.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By toyoda74
on 04/09/15 14:06 PM (PDT)

So far, after reading all the comments thus far, this is the most relevant post to the problem I've experienced with our 2004 Camry XLE 6cyl. During acceleration, the throttle seems to rev low then jumps or jerks into a higher acceleration, even with gradual pedal pressure. The pedal action and acceleration do not seem to work in unison. I've taken it to a "reputable" mechanic to troubleshoot and got the ordinary, lackadaisical, "seems to run fine to me" response. I was an F-18 mech in the marines and have a little mechanical aptitude to know something isn't right. So here I am, hoping to find others out there who have had a similar experience to what I've described. Please chime in. Thank you!