2004 Toyota Camry Consumer Review: Overall: A decent car.

2004 Toyota Camry - Consumer Review

SE Sedan (2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Overall: A decent car.
By Bigmike1014 on

2004 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car a little over a year ago. So far, everything has been all right, (at best). Here's the deal, so far my cars been completely reliable to me, but then again any car should be within the first few years. THE BAD: (and I need to take it to a dealer on this: 1.) Leaking water sound EVERY time I accelerate. Sounds like water is swooshing around in dash, 2.) FOUL ODORS, when accelerating fast, and when turning on the A/C. 3.) for whatever reason (especially when humid, the belt squeals constantly. 4.) Interior quality is poor. The "painted plastic" is wearing everywhere. 5.) Gas mileage is not what I thought it would be, Could be due to one of the above issues? Don't know.

Good sound system *premium*, good engine performance *V4 16 valve, suprising for a Camry. So far "reliable" but with issues.

Fix the interior, and exterior quality. Paint scratches easily. Fix the annoying horrid foul odors coming from god knows where? At times it smells like an animal has died under the hood! and tire wear is terrible. Also had an issue where passenger door wouldnt unlock.