2004 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
My Black Camry
By 04-Camry on 01/05/05 14:56 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car with manual trans has a lot of power. I can merge into the highway with a lot of confidence. The fuel economy is very good, never below 24mpg. I liked the roomy interior and the simple board design. A little bit difficult to drive in hilly terrain, since I found that the clutch has a small range of engagement. Its weight also makes the uphill starting more difficult. Overall still like it, just take time to get used to it.

A four for all seasons
By Four more on 12/24/04 21:35 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Before anyone buys a 6cyl. Camry they should spend some time in a 4cyl. Better mileage, very peppy, responsive at highway speeds, and quiet too. Still the best damn family sedan on the market, bar none.

Love to own it
By Charlotte Branch on 12/22/04 16:33 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have never owned a toyota before, but had heard how reliable it was, so I bought one. Not only is it reliable, it is beautiful, and a vehicle proud to own. I only wish it got better gas mileage, but everything else tends to balance that out. I do love it.

Good car for what you want it for
By Donut44 on 12/14/04 10:07 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

When it comes to just needing a quality car for a pretty good price, this is hard to beat. It has decent power when you need it, as long as that is "needing it" like once a day or less. The 4 cyl is built for comfort, mpg's and lasting ability. Can't speak for the latter yet, but the first two have been really good. About 28mpg on city travel, not sure on long distances yet.

Update after 13,000 miles
By Whib on 11/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We bought our Camry LE in Feb. and truly "broke it in" according to the manual. On 2900 mile trip afterwards averaged just over 32 mpg.(Including city driving). Now have 13,000 trouble free miles & avg. better. This car has no rattles, squeaks, ect. It is comfortable and a pleasure to drive. Some say it's handling is boring. My sister owns a 2001 Honda Accord EX. Around town our Camry is everybit as enjoyable, if not more so. On the open road the smoother ride more than makes up for a touch less handling in curves. - The build quality, interior materials and refinement make us feel like we own a much more expensive car.

Static Noise from Radio Speakers !!!
By aventura1 on 10/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Very good vehicle. We had a 1992 Camry until we bought this 2004 model. Reliability is a given with Camrys...

awesome ride
By cliffre on 10/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Sedan SE V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I love this car for a v-6 it gets better gas mileage than what the sticker says if you don't lead foot it but normal driving great. We took it on a trip it got 29-32 mpg with air on even with regular gas just a little better with higher octane

15K Miles already
By SRife on 10/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my 04 Camry in 11/03 and have put 15,000 trouble free miles on it. I average 26 mpg in mixed city and highway driving. The car is quiet, smooth and comfortable. My only complaint is that it is so refined that it's a little boring to drive. My wifes minivan is more fun to drive. Based on what dealers are asking for used ones, it seems to have held its resale well.

nice, but don't believe the mpg rating
By PhD86 on 09/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

wanted a manual, but bit on some sales talk that the automatics were near the same fuel economy that didn't prove true. It averages 25-27 mpg on pure freeway, 18 in the city. The funky things about this car are: radio static - attenae on older models did better; weird configuration of radio and vents does not allow adequate aeration near driver on very hot days, radio display almost invisible in daylight; velvet interior (even on armrest) gets soiled easily.

Teenage Owner/Driver Review
By H2J on 09/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Sedan SE V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I did not consider buying this car a week before I actually purchased it. I am a Nissan fan myself and originally wanted an 03 Maxima or the new Altima SL. Considering the prices and quality/reliability, I decided to go with the Camry. Toyota has a better record of producing reliable cars and my SE was about $4K cheaper than the SL. My parents have the base LE and there are signifant differences between them that I can not stand driving the LE. The Accord was another good choice, but I liked the styling better on the Camry. SE was also cheaper than the V6 Accord.