Used 2004 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

2004 Toyota Camry Sedan

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Lived up to its rep, so far
By John

2004 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

After 86k miles, my Camry is still trucking along with no problems, no unusual expense. The worst I've had is tires that wore prematurely (Potenza) -- nice performance tires but wore out at 35k. On the good side, no need for brake job 'til 60k! Aside from that, only 1 regret that it did not come with much tinting! making it hot in summer. Otherwise a fantastic car and the only comfortable seat I've ever owned.

Favorite Features

Seat comfort, tight steering, thoughtful arrangement of everything, esp. controls and stereo setup, sufficient leg-room.

Suggested Improvements

Do tinting on all windows where it's legal!

2004 Toyota Camry 2.4 four cylinder
By Paul

2004 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned this car from new and have serviced all fluids regularly (transmission, coolant and steering included). It is my rolling office and my main concerns are reliability and economy. It avarages 30 mpg, needed front brake pads at 72,000, wiper blades at 75,000, spark plugs at 100,000, pads with rotors at 153,000. The only unschedualed repair to date was the right rear brake light bulb at 103,000. The rear brakes have had regular cleaning but have not worn out. If Toyota made appliances, computers etc. I would buy them

Favorite Features

This car does exactly what I ask of it. When I want driving fun and excitement I drive my MR2 Spyder - which has provided equal reliability. I have owned/worked on/driven many cars from America, Europe and Japan, all the brands could learn a great deal from Toyota (and Honda)

Still enjoy the car after 2 1/2 years
By Dan Alsup

2004 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We bought the car as a certified used car with 38,000 miles on it and now have 97,000 with no problems whatsoever. On a recent trip to Houston we drove between 60 and 65 MPH and got 35.5 MPG! (New tires and wheel alignment prior to the trip.) Love the lumbar support and the quiet ride. The only complaint is the easily scratched exterior paint. Much less road noise than the Hondas we have owned.

Favorite Features

Lumbar support. Quiet ride. Confidence the car will get us wherever we want to go and in comfort. Great gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Better paint.

Best car I have ever had!
By leyvagrl

2004 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is the funnest family sedan that I think anyone could own! I have so much fun in this car, it picks up quick, it's cute and its very roomy & comfortable inside. I am a mother of 3 & the car is practical and something that dosen't "scream mommy!" I put a dark tint on the windows, put new rims on it & made it more "me".

Favorite Features

The gas mileage and the thing that tells me how many mpg I am getting & how many miles I have to an empty tank.

Suggested Improvements

This car should come with alloy wheels not hubcaps. I lost three hubcaps in 4 months. That's my only complaint!

Best car I've ever owned
By clxi

2004 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

20 mpg city, 35 on the road, comfortable, quick and roomy ! I replaced the Michelins with Firestone Firehawk GT's and it became better in the corners and better in the snow.

Favorite Features

Power Seat, sun roof, acceleration and trunk space.

Suggested Improvements

CD player controls on the steering wheel, and redesign the seat belt pulleys.