2004 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
2004 Toyota Camry Le
By Outstanding Vehicle on 07/20/05 21:33 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Great car overall. Outstanding value for the entire vehicle. I was expected it to cost more, but it actually costed alot less. Still can't get over the fact that I've had it for 2 years now and it still drives exactly like the day I got it. It's so smooth and quiet, easy to drive and comfortable. The overall car feels thousands more expensive than it actually is. Couldn't have made a better purchase dicision. I recommend this car to ANYONE.

04 Camry's quality is poor
By hyyz on 07/15/05 15:47 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My 04 Camry has many problems. Here is a list of problems I have: 1. It pulls to left. Dealer repaired 5 times without result. 2. Tires wear too fast. At only 15000 miles, many treads were already gone. I rotated tires regularly. 3. Windshield bottom rattles. Dealer replaced the cowl with only temporary results. 4. Rattles from door panels. 5. I heard rattle from engine or under vehicle every time I started the car and hit on gas to drive. Dealer said it is the intake manifold. After replaced, the rattle is still there. 7. Strong rotten egg smell at 8000 miles. Replaced converter and reprogramed ECM. The car started to feel heavy(hard acceleration, hard steering, and hard brake).

Nice Family Car
By Viva79 on 03/24/05 16:52 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have always wanted a Toyota Camry and I happened to come upon a great deal last summer. Now with a new family, it is just the thing. I still think it is a great car even after the minor problems I have already had.

Disappointing for Toyota tradition
By Don Rieder on 03/21/05 23:00 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Camry Sedan SE V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first Toyota purchase. I felt that if bought a Camry, I could kiss any frustrations goodbye. Not true! This car has an annoying lag time when the car is slowing down ( stop and go traffic), and then you try to accelerate. There is a dead spot, then it jumps ahead, as if the transmission doesn"t know which gear to go in. This is the new Drive by wire technology according to Toyota. The local dealership has acknowledged this a problem, and they are working on a programming change, but in the meantime, the car can be very aggravating to drive. They must resolve this problem. I will not put up with it. As for gas mileage, it is not as good as stated. The car does have lots of power.

Perfect
By W. Green on 02/27/05 11:36 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The Toyotya SE is the perfect combination of a reliable 4 dr sedan with sportier styling inside and out. The 4-cylinder has surprising pep. The optional 16" wheels are a must to finish off the sporty look.

Nice car- 1st time owner
By chris 02 on 02/25/05 09:58 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Overall this is a nice car. This is my 1st Camry and I'm pleased with the car. I like the 5 speed even though is does hesitate when shifting. On the highway this is a sweet car and doesn't hesitate to go when you hit the pedal. I know one thing I will probably never go back to a american car brand the quality is no match and the design shows they thought everything out to benefit the consumer. I will definitely consider Toyota when the time comes to buy another car. It is fun to drive in nice weather with the sunroof open and the radio playing as you cruise down the road.

Outstanding
By tm on 02/18/05 21:30 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

AS with every Toyota that I have owned, this car has been trouble free and everything that I anticipated. I highly recommend this car to anyone that needs an affordable and trouble free auto. Knock on wood.

2004 Toyota Camry LE Limited Edition
By Brian on 01/31/05 17:17 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Used it heavily for past 1 half year, no problems. Still drives like brand new. looks great. very smooth ride. good suspension.

2004 Toyota Camry LE Limited Edition
By Brian on 01/31/05 17:16 PM (PST)

Not bad for the price
By A pretty good car on 01/30/05 17:22 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I am pretty much impressed with the handling of this car and the good gas mileage for a big car. I bought this 2004 Salsa Red Pearl Camry last Nov. 2003 and have used 18K to date. I normally just use 12-13K a year but I loved driving it so much my wife and I use it more than her car. I just wish it had a sportier look like the Altima or Accord. But overall it's worth the money!