Used 2004 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

2004 Toyota Camry 2.4 four cylinder
By Paul

2004 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned this car from new and have serviced all fluids regularly (transmission, coolant and steering included). It is my rolling office and my main concerns are reliability and economy. It avarages 30 mpg, needed front brake pads at 72,000, wiper blades at 75,000, spark plugs at 100,000, pads with rotors at 153,000. The only unschedualed repair to date was the right rear brake light bulb at 103,000. The rear brakes have had regular cleaning but have not worn out. If Toyota made appliances, computers etc. I would buy them

This car does exactly what I ask of it. When I want driving fun and excitement I drive my MR2 Spyder - which has provided equal reliability. I have owned/worked on/driven many cars from America, Europe and Japan, all the brands could learn a great deal from Toyota (and Honda)

Best car I have ever had!
By leyvagrl

2004 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is the funnest family sedan that I think anyone could own! I have so much fun in this car, it picks up quick, it's cute and its very roomy & comfortable inside. I am a mother of 3 & the car is practical and something that dosen't "scream mommy!" I put a dark tint on the windows, put new rims on it & made it more "me".

The gas mileage and the thing that tells me how many mpg I am getting & how many miles I have to an empty tank.

This car should come with alloy wheels not hubcaps. I lost three hubcaps in 4 months. That's my only complaint!

It's been perfect
By Sara

2004 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I've been driving my 2004 Camry for 4.5 years now and have never had a single problem with any part of the car. I see another Camry in my future!

The fuel mileage is fantastic, on the highway I can drive 2.5 hours on a quarter tank. The trunk is also very spacious.

Don't change a thing

S'alright
By ZeroNiner

2004 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The V6 Camry is a wonderful car to drive. I have driven it for nearly 4 years and am very satisfied. Fuel economy is decent, cannot complain. I gave performance a 5 because of the delay when the gas is pressed a bit much, but sometimes noticeable even with calm acceleration (somewhat annoys me).

Smooth compliant ride on the freeway.

Too much body roll. V6 engine has a delay when gas is fully pressed. Lack of foglight option for LE model.

Great and Reliable Family Sedan
By Vinaay

2004 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car brand new in 2004 and drove about 45000 miles so far. No problem. Excellent in driving. Only drawback would be gas consumption compared to hybrids. If you are not planning to buy a new hybrid, this would be a excellent choice. Peace of mind.

• SUV