Used 2004 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews - 305 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2004 Toyota Camry Sedan

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

The Best Car That I Have Ever Owned!
By Tom P.

2004 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this vehicle used with 90,000km on the odom. I paid the full price as if it was brand new: $33,000. The interior was not in great condition. I hated the silver color. I drove it 5,000km before it was stolen from Edmonton, Alberta. It was recovered 3 months later with 40,000km than when I bought it. It was driven day and night and was stolen by drug dealers I suppose. The engine was gone on the vehicle due to not changing the oil. If you are going to steal a vehicle maybe perhaps check the oil once in a while! The car while I had it was fun to drive and with the 4 cylinder extremely excellent!

I loved the dashboard layout. Easy to use dashboard!

A vehicle this expensive should come with factory installed mud flaps. I had to pay $200 for the set of four, however they were installed at the dealership for free. Two sets of keys would have been nice to have as well.

Problem
By Marcosr111

2004 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Steering column has begun to click when I turn. Not sure what the problem is. As the Toyota service mechanic told me, not to worry this happens to all Camry's. When AC is on idle problems occur when I start to slow down. It feels like the car is about to shut off. When I come home from work around 5pm. I do not use my car until the next day which is around 8:30am. Car feels like not turning on as if it was parked for a few months. It might be the battery.

1. Great on Gas 2. Comfortable

Toyotas are Very Reliable
By BT

2004 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I'm a 30-year owner of Toyota--had a 1981 Toyota Corona for 16 years and sold it to a friend who drove it another three years before trading it in. I had a lovely 1998 Toyota Camry -- only problem before sold it was getting an oil leak stopped--it was costly to get to, but the part was cheap to fix, labor was excessive due to how hard it was to get to. Had a Buick in 2005, and was really glad when purchased this 2004 Camry in 2007 with only 9,000 miles on it. Car has a popping sound when turn wheel to park in garage at night. Am told if it bothers me, labor cost to get to part is about $250; it's not bothering me that much yet. Was in an accident in 1988 Camry; it saved my life I think.

Recirculator in the cabin; didn't have this in the Buick I had for a short time in 2005; important to me since I have problems breathing the outside air of other vehicles that don't comply with emissions and older vehicles still on the road. Like the quiet ride on the highway trips. Favorite car!

Tires are not the best on these cars; can never expect to get the miles on them that the manufacturer claims. Since I bought in 2007, watching for any dryness on the rims for safety sake. Currently have about 29,000 miles on the car. First owner drove very little before he passed and son sold it.

Thumbs up Toyota
By Patty

2004 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Hi folks I just wanted you all to know that when Toyota built this car they did it right with crashes. My 18 yr old was in a rollover, it rolled three times and she walked away with 6 stitches in her left hand and the inside was unharmed. The outside however did what it was designed to do, it broke away from the driver. Thank you Toyota for a well made car. I will be looking for a new one just like this one.

This car was a good buy for my family and me. I also like the large opening of the trunk.

None keep up the good work

2004 Totyota Camry Beware
By Dan

2004 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I started experiencing shifting problems, but the dealer couldn't fix it. While turning on a busy 4 lane highway, the transmission went out. I do not abuse this car (I am too old to beat any car up). Now I have a $4000 bill for a new transmission. I have found out that this has been a problem for other owners but Toyota will not acknowledge or take car of their problems. Other than that the motor ran well and I got good mileage, but I would never buy another one.

better transmissions