2004 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Good, but not perfect.
By W.Graff on 02/04/06 20:30 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Comfortable, good control layout, very smooth 4cyl. engine. Had trans. problem with rough 1/2 shift. Dealer replaced trans. Problem reappeared-traced to defective valve body & fixed. Paint on trunk rust-spotted in 6 months(repainted by dealer)! In mixed driving average 27MPG, but can't get above 30MPG highway.Car has been reliable since inital problems, however, it has developed a couple of rattles in the dash. (very un TOYOTA) PAINT CHIPS EXTREMELY EASILY!

Unbiased
By Gerald on 01/18/06 02:21 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We've had the 4cyl Camry LE for over 2 years. Great car, but a little bland. Ride is floaty, comfortable, and handles reasonably well considering. Interior too light colored to keep clean. Small squeaks under close scrutiny. Brakes without ABS, OK. Opt for ABS for better brake feel and stopping distance. Acceleration light, but buzzy at times. Some interior materials get scratched as do the hubcaps against the curb. Steering is light, but very precise. Stock radio provides good bass. Overall, great car, 9/10. QUIETER than the Accord at highway speeds meaning less fatigue. Reliable. Would purchase again, but with side airbags. If purchasing, go with the alloys and side airbags.

04 Camry's problems
By NEER on 01/06/06 22:18 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the 04 Camry LE for 1.5 year. Got 17k miles on it. Got a few problems too: 1) Tires. The both rear tires blew out within 13,000 miles. Bridgestone tires' quality seems questionable. 2) Left rear door could not be openned from inside. Toyota dealer fixed, saying that the cable was broken. 3) One transmitter was broken. replacing battery did not work out. 4) Gas mileage: highway 32, local 17-20. Local gas mileage lower than claimed. 5) My head often gets knocked by the top frame because design of raised driver's seat makes front head room insufficient. 6) Brakes not as good as my old Mazda 626. It takes longer distance to stop the car.

Shame of Toyota
By New Englander on 12/23/05 13:33 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We purchased our 2004 Camry in June 2004. However, its quality does not match "Toyota" brand. One rear tyre went flat at 3000 miles and was fixed by the dealer. Another rear tyre totally blew on the highway at 13000 miles. These are not covered under warranty. One transmitter was broken after one year. The rear left door could not be opened from inside. Fortunately, it is still under warranty and was fixed by the dealer. Gas mileage: 17-20 (local), highway 32.

Some Camrys are trouble!
By opher on 11/21/05 16:09 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My wife purchased a brand new Toyota Camry in Feb. of 2004. We took it off the lot and thought wow what a car, great interior design and fun to drive. However several months down, my wife who's a very careful driver said the check engine light came on. We took it to the dealer and they fix it. A few months later again "Check engine"! Next the A/C system started leaking water into the passanger compartment. Dealer took care of it, but how annoying! Today the car needs servicing again, the steering column is making a loud noise when i turn the wheel. Look out, and get a warranted car.

2004 Toyota Camry LE
By Ron Donahoe on 11/01/05 16:45 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Overall, I've been very pleased with my Camry. We've driven it under a great variety of circumstances, from urban Los Angeles to barren West Texas. Trip fuel milage has averages about 31 MPG which is appreciated with the current price of fuel. The Camry is comfortable on trips, although the seats are a little firm and could benefit from some more prominent side bolsters. Mechanically, it has been absolutely reliable. My only real complaint is some vibration noise in the dashboard/instrument panel, which can be annoying at times. As a family sedan, the Camry should definitely be on your short list for consideration.

Love it~
By CmryLvr2004 on 10/27/05 16:48 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my Camry for over a year now and I love it. It drives great and is an extremly comfortable car. I had a 2004 Honda Civic and traded it in to buy this car. The Camry is far superior to the Civic. It drives better, is more comfortable and reliable. I had many problems with my brand new Civic and none with my Camry over the same time period. I would definitely recommend this car to anyone in the market for a stylish, reliable and fun to drive.

Toyota Fan
By H Foust on 09/29/05 20:08 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned several different kinds of toyotas, but my favorite is the Camry, this is my second one and I have had absolutely no problems out of it.

Real Deal on my Camry
By andre on 09/21/05 11:02 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Sedan SE V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I believe ever since Toyoya started building cars in America, quality has gone down. I bought my Camry with 1000 miles already on it, but it was new since it had no title. Problems I've had with my car are, the paint - no clearcoat and one layer of paint make it easy to get chips, I have MANY; dashboard - rattles; sunroof - leaks; front passenger speaker - rattles; engine - V6 is not responsive; and the front driver window - doesnt seal properly. The only problem that has been solved is the leaking sunroof. All other problems have been brought to MULTIPLE Toyota dealerships and ignorance has caused me to still have these problems to date. If you want a more reliable car, look elsewhere.

Love it
By Tyler on 07/25/05 11:12 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Sedan SE V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I love Toyotas as i work for the company. However, even if i didn't i would still buy them. This car is very comfortable and makes long trips go very quickly. I love to drive it, although is kind of "uncool" to drive. But i'm a practical person, so it fits me well!