2004 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Ok, but not up to expectations.
By Doh on 08/31/06 10:24 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Had a knock in the steering, needed ball joints at 50K miles. Rear door latch broke. Was misled about Toyota quality.

Overall: A decent car.
By Bigmike1014 on 08/25/06 21:36 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car a little over a year ago. So far, everything has been all right, (at best). Here's the deal, so far my cars been completely reliable to me, but then again any car should be within the first few years. THE BAD: (and I need to take it to a dealer on this: 1.) Leaking water sound EVERY time I accelerate. Sounds like water is swooshing around in dash, 2.) FOUL ODORS, when accelerating fast, and when turning on the A/C. 3.) for whatever reason (especially when humid, the belt squeals constantly. 4.) Interior quality is poor. The "painted plastic" is wearing everywhere. 5.) Gas mileage is not what I thought it would be, Could be due to one of the above issues? Don't know.

Great car to own
By camry on 08/21/06 06:04 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Very reliable vehicle. Great on gas and is very comfortable on trips. Never gives me a problem.

2004 Camry Trunk Rust
By GREG MACGREGOR on 07/11/06 17:26 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned a Camry for 10 yrs and am very pleased wth the performance and style. The 2004 was bought in Aug 2004. It has developed a rust problem in the trunk. The trunk gutter has visible rust at all the spot weld points all around the trunck. Also would have preferred 16'' wheels. Have experienced excessive tire noise on the highway - noticeable by the radio volume increasing when on the highway. Don't think I have bad ears yet.

Problems
By ProblemToyota on 06/18/06 11:13 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

When I first purchased this vehicle I was excited about the quality of the vehicle and the smoothness of the ride. However, after approximately 22 months and 23k miles the check engine light came on. I brought it to the dealership and it was fixed. After 26k miles the tires were worn and needed to be replaced. Now, at 27.5k miles the check engine light is on again. After the first few weeks of owning the car I noticed a rattling in the dash that just can't be solved and I am still driving with that rattling. I am extremely surprised by these issues. I will have to evaluate other options next time I'm in the market for a car, which may be soon.

The Best Purchase of My Life
By Tony412 on 05/31/06 14:35 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The 04 SE 4cyl seems to me as the most bang for your buck. The V6 has some added features but it also kicks up the price out of range. The 4 cyl gives you all that you want and leaves out the things you can live w/out like steel wheels, a spoiler and ofcourse more power. W/the 4 cyl you still get the sporty interior design (black w/chrome accent), the sporty grill, headlights and fog lights. After 40,000k everything about the car is the same as the day I drove it out of the lot. For a big car that can fit 5 adults comfortably, and a spacious trunk for pretty much anything, the gas mileage is very good. Icing on the cake is you get a spoiler. What more can you ask for?

Camry XLE Opinion
By TangoKid999 on 05/22/06 21:26 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The Camry XLE V6 is an excellent car, probably one of the most reliable cars on the road today. We have had '0' defects and have spent $0 on repairs in the first 30,000 miles.

Torqued windshield & odd tranny
By Bruce G on 04/11/06 12:40 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Sedan SE V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Pleasant to drive, lots of room but the radio sounds a bid cheap despite a bunch of speakers. The windshield developed a tiny crack near the roof that progressively lengthed to about 2 feet before replaced. There seems to be a tendency for the chassis to twist and crack the windshield! Like others I've had a dash rattle. Also, tap the brakes when slowing from 70 on a downslope and the tranny very perceptively downshifts. No answers from dealer.

21 K dollar Rattle Trap
By johnk on 03/25/06 22:12 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I started getting rattles from the dash area as soon as I drove it off the dealers lot. Took it back 7 times and they could not resolve it. Told me to drive and bring it back before the 36k mile warranty and they would try again to fix the rattles. Brakes feel spongy and original Goodyear tires were lousy in rain. Changed to Yokohama tires and drives like a different car. City gas mileage is only 22. Highway is 34. Last Toyota for me. Will buy Honda Accord or Civic. Toyota dealer support is lousy. They dont spend much time trying to fix warranty problems.

satisfaction
By r. dimaggio on 03/19/06 09:37 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I like everything except the road noise is a bit loud, could be insulated better better ride performance is needed