Used 2004 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews - 304 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

2004 Toyota Camry

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

No more Toyota Camry!
By 2ben91

2004 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I was gifted this car two years ago after a family member purchased a new car. Having a 2000 Nissan Maxima, I decided this would an upgrade. Boy was I wrong. This car gets the same MPG as my Maxima, about 20-22 in town and 26 on the highway. For a vehicle with only 70,000 miles when I got it, and a Toyota, it sure has a lot of problems. It eats tires and brakes, it leaves me stranded, and it's most recent repair needed, a new Throttle Body, costs upwards of 1,400 dollars at only 95 k! I am going back to my Maxima after two years in the Toyota, and couldn't be happier. Newer and more expensive isn't always better!

Sunroof, interior room, trunk space, nice speakers

Too many to list! Unreliable Poor gas mileage for a 4 cylinder Uncomfortable seat Poor lumbar support Seat fabric collects hair and fuzz Headlights get dirty from inside out Gas gauge is a joke Power Lock issues Fabric on pillars peeling off Expensive repairs Eats brakes Eats tires Poor handling Terrible seat design Spoiler wiggles in wind Transmission issues Throttle body failure- common for this model

still going strong
By lemaire

2004 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

352000 kil.all original except for front brakes and stabilizer bar bushings...of course the tires are new and the oil and filter have been changed at regular intervals....would buy another 04 tomorrow..best car I have ever owned
Still zooming along,466000 kil,,

Love my Toyota!
By maddogca

2004 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I was a little skeptical about getting this car at first. Now, I'm glad that I made the purchase. It has NEVER left me stranded and has ALWAYS sent me from Point A to Point B. So far, the only maintenance I have done to my car was oil changes, a new battery, and tires. I also love the moonroof and the leather seats. The JBL sound system is also a pretty nice system. The only thing that I can think that I dislike is the rear window shade. Other than that, thumbs up on this end. Toyota's might be expensive to purchase, but maintenance cost and insurance are SO LOW that it makes up for it.

Best car I ever owned
By JJ

2004 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I now have about 115,000 miles on this car. There have been no problems. Even what I consider expected repairs came much later than expected; brake pads at 85,000, struts at 110,000. This is even after having been driven by two teenage boys. MPG is great; 27 on daily commute, and 34 on vacation road trips. i have enough confidence in this car that I let my son take it to college with him. I replaced it for my use with a 2007 Camry and have been disappointed. the 2004 is vastly superior.

reliability, MPG, comfort

Drives Well, Good on Gas
By Rick

2004 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this car with 39k on it. The car rides well and has good stability. If I have any complaints is the interior cloth seats tend to generate static electricity and don't hold up well with child seats. The interior is loaded with plastic. Car is tight, steers well and a pleasure to drive. It actually has a lot of similar characteristics to a luxury car I have that costs almost 3 times the price.

Gas mileage, steering response, handles well.

This car came with the clunky steering wheel(intermediate shaft) and pulling to the left. Once I had that fixed the car has been very good. Toyota should have issued a recall for this particular problem instead of just a technical service bulletin.