2004 Toyota Camry LE Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

2004 Camry Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Sort Reviews by

V6 Camry- a no brainer
By Jersey Camry

2004 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Very sharp car... performance in the V6 is key, as the 4 cylinder we test drove was a little sluggish in acceleration. Ride is smooth and leather interior is quite luxurious. Trunk space is great, along with a large backseat. You'll pay up for the V6 with leather, but I believe it is worth it. This car reminds me of a Lexus for thousands less.

Favorite Features

spacious interior, 6-disc changer, V6

Suggested Improvements

memory function on power driver's seat

i am so happy with my toyota
By mory

2004 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

i purchased a Camay on the suggestion of a car dealer friend. it was the best thing that ever happened to me. totally free of expensive operation. better ride and comfort, ease of driving, roomy interior, i can never go back to that big all consuming durango. when i drove my suv it would seem like i was always stopping for gas and it hit my wallet hard. I estimate I am saving $100.00 a month just on gas and just the inconvenience of constantly having to stop for gas is a pain. The ride is much better and the easy effortless driving of the Camay is a pleasure, leaving me refreshed after a long ride.for the difference of size i did not give up that much room.

Favorite Features

ride, roominess of interior and trunk, gas mileage Toyota reliability and resale value

Suggested Improvements

none

SE V6 Rocks!
By Rob M

2004 Toyota Camry Sedan SE V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is a great car, very quiet ride at high speeds, comfortable seating position and seats, smartly laid out interior with a large guages and buttons. Build quality is top notch and the V6 engine is powerful and quiet. This car also soaks up bumps and poor pavemnet very well. Having driven several Lexus vehicles in the past, this car really feels a lot like Lexus in the way the car rides.

Favorite Features

Powerful and QUIET 225 HP V6 Engine, Rear Spoiler, Great sounding 6 Disc JBL Stereo, Leather seats

Suggested Improvements

Needs Auto Up/Down window feature for driver and passenger, and power passenger seat.

Camry XLE`
By Lurich

Very good luxurious sedan

Favorite Features

Leather Package, Chrome 16" Wheels

Suggested Improvements

HID kit

Gotta love My Toyota.
By Turtlx

2004 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love my 2003 Toyota Camry, It has everything for just the low end model, but it is a quick peppy little thing i had a 2003 Toyota Corrola and I didn't like, the way it drove to bumpy.

Favorite Features

I would have to say the JBL system and the Anti-lock braking system.

Suggested Improvements

The only improvments I would suggest would be to have less Aero-Dynamics I just sometimes don't like the way the back of the toyota sits way up and the front sits way down. One more thing all toyota Camry's should come with Michelin Tires.

XLE
By kevin47842

2004 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This car runs very smoothly and quiet. nice sound system. PLenty of room, too. All the bells and whisltes I need. Really a great car.

Camry SE
By JKawa

2004 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This SE model is th best yet. It doesn't look like an old man's car, so younger people can drive it.

Favorite Features

The front head lights with the black trimming.The silver monitors and the black interior.Fog lights and alloys.Sports springs.

Suggested Improvements

Brakes and steering wheel are loose.Too much gas!

A good car at a good price.
By Ralph C Meola

2004 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I owned a 1998Camry LE V6 and could not have been happier. My new 2004 Camry SE V6 is more luxurious, handles better at high speeds and is mavelously comfortable. The styling, while a repeat of last year is sleek and expensive looking. I own a car for transportation purposes, not because I like cars; however, this is one car I really like to drive.

One Great Automobile
By Scott B.

2004 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is a well-designed car. The decision to buy this model was mostly influenced by Consumer Reports. The drive is smooth and quiet. The trunk is spacious and the rear seats fold down for longer cargo. The rear seat has air conditioning ducts the kids love. The 4 cylinder engine has ample power and accelerates quickly when needed. Finally, the XLE model has lots of great features.

Favorite Features

I love the ability to program the garage door opener in the car. The front, rear and curtain air bags also gives a more secure feeling. The 6 disk CD player provides hours of music while on the road.

Suggested Improvements

I like the fuel economy, but I think it could be better. The radio controls should be in the steering wheel as they are hard to reach from the drivers seat.

Still Simply the Best
By Bonius

2004 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love the Camry and have for many years and now this one has rekindled the love. No wonder its the best selling car in the country! Silky smooth, elegant, very practical and ergonomically engineered, excellent gas mileage and looks and feels like a state-of-the-art player that should cost alot more. I looked at several nice cars in the <30k range and for my money the Camry XLE was by far the better choice. Roomy but not the "big- empty" feeling. If you are considering a family sedan and don't at least look at the Camry you definately can't make an educated decision because this is one to be reckoned with. I know this is the best car I could have bought.

Favorite Features

Computer Info Center, Climate Control, 6-Disc in-dash CD, Leather heated seats, and the rear shade.

Suggested Improvements

I would like the seat base to be about 2 inches longer to meet the back of my knees like an easy chair and then I would probably never leave the car.