Used 2004 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

My Company Car
By GDT

2004 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I received my LE as a company provided car. I had always driven domestic or Hondas prior to that. I was quite surprised to find the Toyota was as good as anything I had owned before. Frankly, I hadn't ever given Toyota a 2nd thought when making my purchases...that will all change now. The 4 cyl is a little weak at times, but over all acceptable in most situations. Fit and finish is excellent, however I do agree with a previous posting that the rear bumper is prone to scratching easily if accidently bumped with a bag or suitcase. Don't make the same mistake that I did. Give this car a close look when making your next car purchase.

Excellent gas mileage. Base audio system is great, even impresses my 16yo twin sons!!

Would like to see ABS standard on the entire model line just as the Accords do.

Great
By olga

2004 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Thats a very nice practical car, comfortable to drive and fuel efficient! Great car, very nice interior and exterior, good sound sistem.

Everything is very great!

I dont think i can suggest somthing even better that this car is.

Rattles & Rough Transmission
By Baltimore

2004 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The dash rattles, quirky transmission and problematic sunroof mar an otherwise excellent car. '02 & '03 models had the same rattles (due to windshield installation issues) but it appears the '04 models are no better. Transmission stutters when shifting from 1st to 2nd at 3,000 rpm. Sunroof refuses to close more than half-way, then you have to push it by hand.

Quiet, smooth ride, though rear suspension is too hard over potholes. Lot's of room inside.

Please put an end to the rattles or resale value (and market share) will nosedive! Reprogram the transmission so that is upshifts smoothly 1st to 2nd.

2004 camry xle
By pazap

2004 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

A reliable, time tested product that didn't leave any doubt to its design and quality. Toyota continues to deliver its vast product line with exceptional products that's second to none. Wake up American Car Maunfacturers, you quality is improving, but your losing money in the mean time.

Standard features make this a logical choice for those who are frugal. Optional Safety features have jetted this to a new level and I have no doubt I'm in the safest auto on the road.

A more powerful 4 cyl engine would be beneficial but hinder the fuel economy. I wouldnt change a thing!

my toyota
By alok

2004 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

ride quality is good,very quite,very reliable,cheaper than honda accord and fun to drive.Not a sport car and its kind of LE but still its a cool, nice and a good family car.

day headlight is off. spacious,quite(no sound),audio with CD and cassette,smooth ride

Need more speed,as in SE model need more sporty look