2004 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Love my Toyota!
By maddogca on 01/02/13 19:28 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I was a little skeptical about getting this car at first. Now, I'm glad that I made the purchase. It has NEVER left me stranded and has ALWAYS sent me from Point A to Point B. So far, the only maintenance I have done to my car was oil changes, a new battery, and tires. I also love the moonroof and the leather seats. The JBL sound system is also a pretty nice system. The only thing that I can think that I dislike is the rear window shade. Other than that, thumbs up on this end. Toyota's might be expensive to purchase, but maintenance cost and insurance are SO LOW that it makes up for it.

Camry XLE Opinion
By TangoKid999 on 05/22/06 21:26 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The Camry XLE V6 is an excellent car, probably one of the most reliable cars on the road today. We have had '0' defects and have spent $0 on repairs in the first 30,000 miles.

Hesitation is normal
By Wil123 on 09/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Everything about this car is great except for the 5 speed automatic transmission. The transmission can't seem to decide what gear is correct and is always shifting. In addition, the drive-by-wire throttle combined with the transmission causes the car to hesitate when acceleration is needed most. Toyota says that hesitation is the driver's fault and that when the car is driven, the accelerator pedal must not be floored or pressed too quickly otherwise hesitation will result. Toyota told me that they may or may not address this issue in the future, but at the present time I am told that "hesitation is normal for this design".

Toyota
By Pasco on 08/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The only addition I would really like is a steering wheel with the radio controls.I had that option in my Honda and really miss it.It drives like a dream.

I Hate This Car
By Roseanne on 08/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

My husband and I have been driving Toyotas for 35 years and have always been completely satisfied. Unfortunately, when we bought this car we didn't test drive it and what a mistake that was. It hesitates and jumps ahead on a steady basis, but you never know when. I really feel this is dangerous and we will never buy a Toyota again. It feels like it's struggling to get any pick up. I'm being told that this is because there's a device protecting the transmission. Sorry, Toyota, you messed up on this model. We are trading it in but not for another Toyota.

Love It!
By foxxyfreddy on 08/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Love It! Quite, Handles great, can't tell how fast your really going. Easy passing on the interstates

Toyota - Oh what a feeling (love it)
By CMoore on 08/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased the Camry XLE V6 in Aug 2004. Everything about this car so far is just phenominal. Plenty of power; performance is awesome; very smooth ride and the miles per gallon is easy on the wallet.

Oh Yea Baby!
By n40798 on 08/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

oh yea this car is definately a keeper!! i use it any where and every where i go and proud of it

Camary Fobia
By Craig D. on 05/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

My wife bought the car for her. I never liked it, but I don't like Toyota engineering anyway.The interior was very nice but the outside is ugly. The performace was bland and the driveability very poor. No power, bad shifting, terrible lag to the point of being unsafe to drive. Will not accellerate when needed. I hated it so much we got rid of it.

My second XLE V6
By coconut on 04/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Our experience with our 1992 Camry XLE V6 lead us to buy new 2004 model. Also the offered 0% financing. We laid down our requirements for purchase and salesman was able to fulfill. Wish Toyota would have offered nicer colors this year though (like navy, taupe, dark green, burgundy). The blue they offer is ELECTRIC. Zap! We settled for the grey.